Ringleader
Jul 19, 2007
Sutton on Sea, UK
Funster No
MH
Adria Panel Van.
Exp
Since 1988
Where are you going this weekend then? Anywhere nice?

I will be at home, big rugby day tomorrow, have a few beers, watch the game, go to bed early; then wake up at about midnight for 6 hours work as I am moving motorhomefun to a bigger, better, faster server. If all goes well, come Sunday you won't notice a thing, if its like last time, I won't be getting any sleep till Monday and you'lll notice loads::bigsmile:

What are you doing the weekend?

Oct 15, 2007
Five Roads Alyth
Funster No
MH
A class RV
Exp
since 2005
Blackmore (Malvern) C&CC site, off lunchtime today back for Monday lunch(work:cry:)

Tonight, Pub and fillet steak dinner, Saturday chill out and if the weathers OK barbi and replace the backend of the exhaust, little hole and MOT soon, then Sunday down the Pub (again) for Sunday roast, mmmmmmmm

Probably have a couple of shandies in the pub too:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Oct 27, 2007
Near Dartford
Funster No
MH
Hymer
Exp
Since 2005
We are off with Bob and Jane and the Only Sue to Nacton in Ipswich.

Hopefully for a relaxing weekend. (Although Im sure Kevin will sneek the Rugby in)

Enjoy The weekend all.

On an aside Kevin and I (The Royal We) only realised in the evening yesterday that it was our wedding anniversary and we had managed 32 years.

Kevin is still hoping for an early Parole :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

Sonja

Pat4Neil

Free Member
Sep 28, 2008
Essex
Funster No
MH
Mercedes
Exp
7 years
Were not going away this weekend :cry:

But we are going to a Wedding today and this evening::bigsmile:
It gonna be a great event has we are very fond of the couple getting married.
Our daugther and the girl have grown up together and its the first big wedding in our street. It nice to have something positive and happy happening.

Then tomorrow Neil has to haul himself and me out of bed for the motorhome MOT, hope thats a positive experience as well.

Sunday he is going to fit me a tv bracket and tv into the motorhome too.
(so sometimes it is nice to stay at home to get the jobs done, long as its not to often).

For everyone that is going away have a great weekend, and those who are not still have a great weekend.

Pat

Jul 24, 2010
Planet Earth (I think)
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
not long enough
I am off to Blackmore (Malvern) too, until Wednesday. Hopefully to do lots of hill walking with Monty the Jack Russell. never been there before. Another priority is to find a pub showing the Rugby, anyone know of one preferably within walking distance of the site?

Lorraine

Oct 15, 2007
Five Roads Alyth
Funster No
MH
A class RV
Exp
since 2005
I am off to Blackmore (Malvern) too, until Wednesday. Hopefully to do lots of hill walking with Monty the Jack Russell. never been there before. Another priority is to find a pub showing the Rugby, anyone know of one preferably within walking distance of the site?

Lorraine

C&CC or CC or elsewhere?

Anyway, The Swan at Hannley Swan about a mile flat walk from C&CC/CC will likely have the Rugby on, we're not fussed frankley but last time we we're down on went the telly, can't remember who played, and we ended up watching chatting, just us, the landlord and lady and a couple of others, it was nice:thumb:

Good food and beer too:thumb:

TDH

Jun 22, 2009
Powys/Shropshire border
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
Loads
Off to the show tomorrow - still not decided whether to take The Rosabella for a spin to Birmingham.

Then on Sunday it looks like I'm going to be working. OFSTED inspectors arrive on Monday - we're not a school but we provide learning to about 2000 people studying a really wide range of subjects - and I've got to make sure all the bells and whistles are clanging and hooting!

Tkly

Free Member
Nov 27, 2009
Near Stonehenge
Funster No
MH
Self Build
Exp
9 Years
Staying at home doing a rebuild/modification of van interior aquired 3 seat for the back last week so doing away with the box seat for somthing mare comfy.:thumb: Might take some time out for rugby .

lorger

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 11, 2008
Dumfries
Funster No
MH
Knaus Sun 650MEG
Exp
Not going away just a quiet weekend for me, having a rest just now as in the middle of putting lowered celling in b/room. Then off to night shift at 7 home tomorrow at 7am then plasterer coming at 10 so need to get up to help him. Then its time to change the shower then back to work at 7pm for another 12 hours.
Sunday morning take the remaining tiles off around shower ready for tiling in the afternoon aprt from that it will be a relaxing weekend:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

Hope you all have a nice one

Jaygee32

Free Member
Oct 9, 2009
Norfolk
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
since 1976
We've both succumbed to the flu, so wont be going anywhere. HOPE the rugby will make us feel better. Can Chris do it again? To all going away have a nice break.:thumb:

Dec 24, 2009
bedworth warks
Funster No
MH
c class
Exp
2009 previously a tugger for thirty years
Hee hee - our elec shower packed up earlier this week, Pete was in it complete with shampoo on head etc LOL We have had it 12 years, not bad I thought?So went and bought a new one. He went to fit it and obviouly tried to turn the water off first only to find the bathroom stopcock (we have 2, the kitchen has its own and that isn't stuck LOL) was jammed open and bust!

So then we had to borrow a key for the thingy under the drive to turn it off there and buy a new stopcock. The old one was inaccessible to work on because some bright spark before we owned the house had boxed all the piping either side of it, in. And tiled the false wall ...... when he eventually could get to it properly he had to cut out a piece of pipe and replace it as he couldn't budge the fittings - and fit the new stopcock. That little lot took nearly all day plus just about 45 mins all in to actually remove the old and fit the new shower!!!

That was just as well; he'd been sweating profusely all day ....... :ROFLMAO:

So he's gone to work now for a nice rest!!

Jenny

Oct 12, 2008
Balma (next to Toulouse) France
Funster No
MH
HymerCamp 51Capucine
Exp
Since 2011/owner since 6/03/2014
Working day AND night :cry::cry::cry:what a question Jim!!!! :RollEyes::roflmto:

But i'll manage to have a private session of Feldenkrais (google it!)when coming back of a whole night caring an old lady (87) alzheimer, then while i'll be looking after the stadium from my office,i'll be giving an english lesson (at 2.00pm that is) then at 4.00 once the football match is over at the stadium, i'll have an hour aquagym followed by 30mns aquabiking at the swimming pool. Then at 8;00pm caring again the old lady for another night. Then in the morning off for a ten kms walk with other walkers. I might have a little rest before the afternoon football match at the stadium ! AND will be praying jim that you change server without a prob cause i will need a bit of chat after that exausting week end :roflmto::roflmto::roflmto:

Amicalement

Frankie::bigsmile:::bigsmile::winky:

JJ

Mágica
May 1, 2008
Quinta Majay, Pinheiro Bordalo, Portugal
Funster No
MH
Burstner Privilege T
Exp
over 50 years
Blazing sun here... main man away in Spain... I am off to Quinta Majay :)Wink:) forecast ... sun all weekend...

...not all perfect though... having trouble with my mobile internet :cry:

might not be able to connect from QMJ.

JJ

Castaway

Free Member
Mar 2, 2008
Darlington
Funster No
MH
Gone back to tugging
Exp
40 years
We'll be slumming it in a hotel on Saturday night, just for a change!

It's the Pennine Drag Racing Club's annual Nite of Champions dinner but it will be the first for us after my first season of racing. Supposed to be a bit of a boozy do!

Apr 29, 2009
West Sussex
Funster No
MH
Burstner Nexxo T740
Exp
since 2008
We are planning to go somewhere for Saturday night but still undecided where. Have e-mailed the Boss at home some pub stopovers so may be going Wiltshire or New Forest - will find out when I get home later:Smile:

Why when I want to follow a thread cant I remember that the Subscribe Button is for the Site and not the thread!!!

Last edited:
OP
OP
Jim

Jim

Ringleader
Jul 19, 2007
Sutton on Sea, UK
Funster No
MH
Adria Panel Van.
Exp
Since 1988
Working day AND night :cry::cry::cry:what a question Jim!!!! :RollEyes::roflmto:

But i'll manage to have a private session of Feldenkrais (google it!)when coming back of a whole night caring an old lady (87) alzheimer, then while i'll be looking after the stadium from my office,i'll be giving an english lesson (at 2.00pm that is) then at 4.00 once the football match is over at the stadium, i'll have an hour aquagym followed by 30mns aquabiking at the swimming pool. Then at 8;00pm caring again the old lady for another night. Then in the morning off for a ten kms walk with other walkers. I might have a little rest before the afternoon football match at the stadium ! AND will be praying jim that you change server without a prob cause i will need a bit of chat after that exausting week end :roflmto::roflmto::roflmto:

Amicalement

Frankie::bigsmile:::bigsmile::winky:

Not watching the rugby tomorrow then Frankie? ::bigsmile: Best of luck, have a nice weekend and don't work too hard :thumb:

Sep 25, 2009
south yorkshire
Funster No
MH
coachbuilt
Exp
since 2004. Tugger 10 years on and off
working all w.end:Sad: misses off to london for w,end.Future daughter in laws Hen night.:thumb: BEER & Curry sat pm, FOR ME:beerchug::beerchug:.

Jaws

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 26, 2008
Thetford Norfolk
Funster No
MH
C class, Chieftain
Exp
since 2006 ( I think ! )
Dunno.. might clean the van down ( might just run it up to pork and cheese at Tescos instead though ! LOL !!)

dellwood33

Free Member
Apr 25, 2009
Newcastle
Funster No
MH
italian crap
Exp
too long
Spending the Saturday pruning apple trees at my mates orchard, so Barbara will have to record the rugby for when I get back in the evening.:Smile:

Jaws

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 26, 2008
Thetford Norfolk
Funster No
MH
C class, Chieftain
Exp
since 2006 ( I think ! )
Welllll.. weekend just started pretty good for me.
Got all the orders done so decided to take 5 and look at why the pump in the van is so danged noisy !
It is a large workmanlike jobby and was bolted flat, straight in to the top of the water tank..
Tank was acting almost like an echo chamber

Simply unbolted it ( the pipes are MORE than stiff enough to hold it in place ) and tucked a little bubble wrap under it..
Noise reduced by better than 50%
Don't you just love an easy fix !

Chris

LIFE MEMBER
May 5, 2010
Funster No
MH
None
Exp
10 years
We are at the CCC in Devizes. Nice pub within 30 minutes walk .

It seems a busy weekend for motorhomes:thumb:

Oct 12, 2008
Balma (next to Toulouse) France
Funster No
MH
HymerCamp 51Capucine
Exp
Since 2011/owner since 6/03/2014
Not watching the rugby tomorrow then Frankie? ::bigsmile: Best of luck, have a nice weekend and don't work too hard :thumb:

I should be in time to see the first part of France/England ! Unfortunatly i won't see the end .... :cry::cry::cry: they better be good..... all of them of course:roflmto::thumb:

Frankie:winky:::bigsmile:

OP
OP
Jim

Jim

Ringleader
Jul 19, 2007
Sutton on Sea, UK
Funster No
MH
Adria Panel Van.
Exp
Since 1988
I should be in time to see the first part of France/England ! Unfortunatly i won't see the end .... :cry::cry::cry: they better be good..... all of them of course:roflmto::thumb:

Frankie:winky:::bigsmile:

If the good French team turns up, I'll probably not see the end either, well I might, but from behind the sofa::bigsmile:

Forestboy

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 31, 2007
Forest of Dean
Funster No
MH
A Class Hymer B694 tag
Exp
Jans taking our grand daughter to Birmingham to see Disney on Ice tomorrow so a few cans and Rugby for me. Then Sunday I'm off with my son, son in laws and their mates for a days Go Karting.
Its a hard life innit :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

MikeandCarolyn

Free Member
Mar 18, 2008
Worle,North Somerset
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
Since 2009
We're off to The Three Magpies nr Devizes on Sun for 3 nights,basically to check everything is working properly before setting off on March 14th for 3 mths (France,Spain and Morroco). ::bigsmile:

Mike.

wasp

Free Member
Dec 21, 2008
Warsop
Funster No
MH
None gone caravannin
Exp
I`m workin all day tomorrow and putting the roof on the log store on Sunday, and then cutting wood for the fire, apart from that not much really hehehe:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back