South Yorkshire
Funster No
MH
chic c line
Exp
12 years motorhoming, a lifetime of living
We doing Dover/Dunkirk on at 8am on Sat 24 July

Returning Friday 5th Aug at 6pm, so this is peak time for camp sites

Were travelling in convoy with my daughter/son-in-law+ toddler with their car + caravan so we will need a site the night before (probably two nights for us in the motor home) and a night on return (again probably two for us as were in no hurry)

The site will have to allow early departures and late arrivals to suit my daughter and co and a little comfort for us any ideas?

I’m going to ring hawthorn farm today but it looks from their website we would need to go into their late arrivals area.

site recomendations welcomed

OP
OP
Scout

Scout

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 4, 2009
South Yorkshire
Funster No
MH
chic c line
Exp
caravan club at dover black horse farm

thanks

I looked at that one but it states no late arrivels area, if we get delayed on the ferry we might not get in, anybody know differant?

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

OP
OP
Scout

Scout

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 4, 2009
South Yorkshire
Funster No
MH
chic c line
Exp
thanks

I looked at that one but it states no late arrivels area, if we get delayed on the ferry we might not get in, anybody know differant?

reply to own post: for referance for other people

just spoke to site staff and allthought it states on website "no late night area" they do in fact have 21 proper pitches outside the site barrier but well inside the gates behind the reception area.

Unfortunatly for use they are full on one of the nights we needed so booked at hawthorn farm instead

OP
OP
Scout

Scout

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 4, 2009
South Yorkshire
Funster No
MH
chic c line
Exp
M20 J11 service area. Has caravan designating parking if you just need a sleep.

thanks but sorted now, I dont think my daughter would fancy that mind not with a kiddy, but I'll mark it for future for myself

Douglas

Free Member
Aug 22, 2008
South Wales,
Funster No
Exp
6 years + 5 years in boat before that
Just park on the Promenade, there will be several other MHs there abs it costs nothing.

Doug

400ixl

Free Member
Sep 14, 2008
Norfolk
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt High
Exp
3 years
We have stayed at Link Removed before, arriving late and leaving early.

These days we tend to stopover on East Parade as mentioned. Usually at least half a dozen others there as well.

slobadoberbob

Free Member
Jun 1, 2009
Kent, garden of England
Funster No
MH
Winnebago 23' something
Exp
25 years & counting
Canterbury now as an aires

The Canterbury City council have recently owned a park and ride site on Nrw Dover road... Post code CT13EJ it has 20 dedicated camper bays.

£2.50 per night. As it is park and ride it has a bus service to the town. Also a good pub just across the road. You can check it out on the Canterbury council web site.. Just do a search in the box on the right hand side... Put in motorhome parking.. Www.Canterbury.gov.uk the site says it has a height barrier but that is not the case.. I know several people with European size motorhomes that say at weekends.

Hope that helps.

Bob:Blush:

niggle

Banned - Rule 1
Banned
Aug 5, 2010
SOUTH AND FRANCE
Funster No
MH
A CLASS
Exp
Quote:
Originally Posted by hilldweller Link Removed
M20 J11 service area. Has caravan designating parking if you just need a sleep.

you now have to pay the same rate as lorrys £ 12.00 per night :ROFLMAO:

niggle

Banned - Rule 1
Banned
Aug 5, 2010
SOUTH AND FRANCE
Funster No
MH
A CLASS
Exp
Just park on the Promenade, there will be several other MHs there abs it costs nothing.

Doug :ROFLMAO: our non english friends also do agood line in m/h spare parts in the morning,,,, if you want to buy them back ,,tyres included ???:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

Douglas

Free Member
Aug 22, 2008
South Wales,
Funster No
Exp
6 years + 5 years in boat before that

Doug :ROFLMAO: our non english friends also do agood line in m/h spare parts in the morning,,,, if you want to buy them back ,,tyres included ???:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

If thats what you believe then dont go, I on the other hand have never had any problems or heard or seen any problems in 7 years I have used the promenade twice and some times 4 times a year.

Doug...

OP
OP
Scout

Scout

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 4, 2009
South Yorkshire
Funster No
MH
chic c line
Exp
if it had just been us we would have parked up on the prom, had fish n chips and a brisk walk, however as stated in my o/p we are traveling in convoy with our daughter/son in law/ young baby and they have a caravan so its a caravan site for us this time...

booked hawthorn farm...its only money

Jaws

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 26, 2008
Thetford Norfolk
Funster No
MH
C class, Chieftain
Exp
since 2006 ( I think ! )
This year we have changed tactics and have booked the ferry for a late afternoon trip.. We will plot up on tother side and start afresh in the a.m.
All I have got to do now is find an aire within easy distance of Dunkerque

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back