LIFE MEMBER
Dec 5, 2008
Macclesfield
Funster No
MH
Zilch Mk1
Exp
From Aug 2007
help to remove sink tap in 544 hymer if any ones got any tips that will help:Blush:

I found I did it The Hard Way once on our Burstner. Struggled to get the pipes off but when I got the tap off I saw a retaining clip that held the pipe to the tap body, pull that and it simply unplugged. Dohhhhhhhhh.

Don't know if that helps you though.

Oct 27, 2007
Near Dartford
Funster No
MH
Hymer
Exp
Since 2005
Martin dont know if this will help

Kitchen tap access (B544 or similar)

Remove plastic cutlery liner - no fastenings, remove wooden drawer front - 2 screws (Phillips) one each side. To remove tap undo the hose clips, a 6mm socket is probably the best option. Warm the plastic hose with a hair dryer,(a hot air gun for stripping paint could be used with GREAT care). Locate and remove the 2 wires - spade terminals. A plumber's tap spanner may assist with the removal of the nut on the underside of the tap. Replacement of new or repaired tap is the reverse of the removal process.

Info obtained from the Hymer International Site.

If this dosent work smash it off:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

Sonja

SandJ

Free Member
Sep 14, 2007
North Yorks
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
Too long lol
help to remove sink tap in 544 hymer if any ones got any tips that will help:Blush:

Hi

You fail to mention the B544 year, this makes a difference
I have done it on a B544 2005 model and it is not for the squemish

The post is on the other fact* site, sorry not a member so unable to search or get it for you. If it is the same year or close then let us know

I will look for pics

Steve

Have sent you a pm with the link, hope Jim does not mind but it is not easy

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Last edited:

Free Member
Dec 3, 2009
surrey
Funster No
MH
hymer A class
Exp
since 2010
Kitchen tap access (B544 or similar)

Remove plastic cutlery liner - no fastenings, remove wooden drawer front - 2 screws (Phillips) one each side. To remove tap undo the hose clips, a 6mm socket is probably the best option. Warm the plastic hose with a hair dryer,(a hot air gun for stripping paint could be used with GREAT care). Locate and remove the 2 wires - spade terminals. A plumber's tap spanner may assist with the removal of the nut on the underside of the tap. Replacement of new or repaired tap is the reverse of the removal process.

Hi
changed mine after i got my 584, and i never did diy till then so not that difficult. The new tap though looks the same but comes in two bore diameters 27mm and 33mm (mine was) so you either measure the bore hole from under tap (after taking plastic cutlery liner out, and measure) or remove tap first before ordering new tap. Once you remove liner and look under tap How to change will become self evident and if you remove the micro switch connection carefully, the new connections (come as part of new tap) will connect to old female part of micro switch so you do not need to change the micro switch (that was what i did). Took me good part of half a day to do mine (then i am a novice diy) which will take an experience diy probably an hour with the right tool. Hope this helps

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back