Ringleader
Jul 19, 2007
Sutton on Sea, UK
Funster No
MH
Adria Panel Van.
Exp
Since 1988
Managed to get the springwater piped in, taps mounted on stones dug out of the pitches, once the cutouts are seeded and have a bit of grass, they should look good. The black top looking like tarmac, but its the recycled stuff that they shave of the roads, so essentially its black gravel, Ive used it before and it does not get sticky and makes a good robust surface once rolled.

Just have to plumb the sewer in the other end now; and then we might organise a "fencing meet" as I have about 200 metres of fencing to do ::bigsmile:

pitches.jpg

water-and-elsan.jpg

keith

Free Member
Aug 25, 2007
Ecclefechan
Funster No
MH
Autocruise Starseeker
Exp
Caravaning since 1974 - Motorhoming since 2003
Looking good Jim, and I like the stone water tap posts - very organic. ::bigsmile:

rainbow chasers

Free Member
Oct 30, 2009
Mid Cornwall
Funster No
MH
Various
Exp
Looking great. I too like the stone idea - makes it look far more natural and unspoilt! Nice idea.

Far better that a peice of wood that usually marks a water point.

That used tarmac makes a great surface - but do keep some spare! It will settle after a time, to make a darn hard surface. Whilst it settles, it may need another layer here and there as it can 'rut' with heavier vehicles for a while.:thumb:

lorger

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 11, 2008
Dumfries
Funster No
MH
Knaus Sun 650MEG
Exp
Looks good Jim dont like the sound of a fencing meet though as i dont have a sword:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

pappajohn

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 26, 2007
Dark side of the moon
Funster No
Exp
Since 2005
i know a good fence.......take owt off yer 'ands for the right money :ROFLMAO:

only joking. :Doh:

looks are deceiving Jim....those pitchs look awful small in the photo's.....but i know the size of them :thumb:

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

A

Addie

Deleted User
Pitches don't look very deep front to back? Would you get an 8m right on there?

Maybe it's just the angle of the pic :)

OP
OP
Jim

Jim

Ringleader
Jul 19, 2007
Sutton on Sea, UK
Funster No
MH
Adria Panel Van.
Exp
Since 1988
looks are deceiving Jim....those pitchs look awful small in the photo's.....but i know the size of them :thumb:

Yes, its because I removed 6ft from each of the banks that seperate the pitches, this is to make it easier to enter and leave the pitches. (Tested with the RV) That is why the road looks so wide, some of it is pitch:thumb:

Attachments

• pitches.jpg
    pitches.jpg
    58.3 KB · Views: 62
OP
OP
Jim

Jim

Ringleader
Jul 19, 2007
Sutton on Sea, UK
Funster No
MH
Adria Panel Van.
Exp
Since 1988
Pitches don't look very deep front to back? Would you get an 8m right on there?

Maybe it's just the angle of the pic :)

Yes it looks deceiving. the smallest pitch is around 24ft, then as you go down the hill each pitch is about 5 or 6 feet longer than the previous, The last one could easily accommodate a 40 foot RV

AdgeRas

Free Member
Sep 17, 2009
Bristol
Funster No
Exp
I cannot see the swimming pool you were talking about the other week :ROFLMAO:

Nice job, pool or no pool :thumb:

Rasmus

GJH

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 20, 2007
Acklam, Teesside, originally Glossop
Funster No
MH
None, now sold
Exp
2006 to 2022
Looking good Jim! See you in the summer!! :Smile::Smile::Smile:

I should hope so. You'll need some tips for that field on Dinting Road ::bigsmile:

I see that the bloke who had the car park by the station has applied for planning permission to build affordable housing. You'll have no problem getting a CFL as an alternative to a Gamesley annexe :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

OP
OP
Jim

Jim

Ringleader
Jul 19, 2007
Sutton on Sea, UK
Funster No
MH
Adria Panel Van.
Exp
Since 1988
they don't look to be 6mtrs apart, is the photo deceptive?

It does look decieving, Each pitch is almost 7m wide, all vans will park on the right of the pitch, brit vans drive in, Euros reverse. Picnic tables will ensure that all vans park on the right, the views are downhill so this where people will want to be. A minimum 2.5m between pitch edges means that is well over 6m between vans

PenelopePitstop

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 3, 2007
Royston Vasey and beyond!
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion
Exp
since 1999
I should hope so. You'll need some tips for that field on Dinting Road ::bigsmile:

I see that the bloke who had the car park by the station has applied for planning permission to build affordable housing. Affordable for who??You'll have no problem getting a CFL as an alternative to a Gamesley annexe :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

At least Gamesley is downhill!! Dinting Rd too steep for me these days!!:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

Oct 14, 2007
Rochester
Funster No
MH
Auto-Trail Mohawk
Exp
16 fun filled years
Looks like a proper job but then again that's what I would expect from you Jim. As the others have said a very nice touch with the water pipes. Have you sorted out plenty of sunshine for this comming summer? And don't forget the good looking sheep, nothing worse than waking up next to an ugly one in the morning:ROFLMAO:

JockandRita

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 2, 2007
Lincs/Cambs border
Funster No
MH
N+B Flair 8000i
Exp
Since May 05 (Ex Tuggers).
Hi Jim & Sian,

The CFL looks and sounds great. Well done. :thumb:

Cheers for now,

Jock & Rita.

Wildman

Free Member
May 30, 2008
Ilfracombe, Devon
Funster No
MH
Amazon Ambassador
Exp
since 1967
excellent layout. Now if you were to put a 4" soilpipe over the water pipe and fill with expanding foam then make a hood for the tap itself I should think you would have no problems with it freezing. We has one pipe freeze and split on a water trough this winter that made me think about that. 1st time it froze in 25 years, but I doubt it will be the last.

Steven Fawcett

Free Member
Sep 23, 2008
manchester
Funster No
MH
a class
Exp
2 years
Managed to get the springwater piped in, taps mounted on stones dug out of the pitches, once the cutouts are seeded and have a bit of grass, they should look good. The black top looking like tarmac, but its the recycled stuff that they shave of the roads, so essentially its black gravel, Ive used it before and it does not get sticky and makes a good robust surface once rolled.

Just have to plumb the sewer in the other end now; and then we might organise a "fencing meet" as I have about 200 metres of fencing to do ::bigsmile:

pitches.jpg

water-and-elsan.jpg

Hi Jim.
Were abouts is this site and when do you expect to be open.

Regards Steve.

Carol

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 2, 2007
North Wales.
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
18 years s Motorhome (33years caravans)
Jim now thats what I call a nice looking CFL and one I bet will be on a lot of our to visit lists.

Free Member
Dec 3, 2009
surrey
Funster No
MH
hymer A class
Exp
since 2010
if date suitable count me in for the fencing meet

pappajohn

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 26, 2007
Dark side of the moon
Funster No
Exp
Since 2005
It does look decieving, Each pitch is almost 7m wide, all vans will park on the right of the pitch, brit vans drive in, Euros reverse. Picnic tables will ensure that all vans park on the right, the views are downhill so this where people will want to be. A minimum 2.5m between pitch edges means that is well over 6m between vans
and Americans park diagonal :ROFLMAO:

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back