Free Member
Nov 23, 2010
Buckden Marina
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
3 year
hi took our new purchase:Smile: for a try out this weekend to a nice site in Huntingdon, electric bikes on the back to test rear rack, with batteries removed of course.
some minor issues surfaced:
1 all taps dripped including the shower, no real problem as long as standard tap washers fit?
2 after installing a reversing camera, and wiring it up to the leisure battery circuit (convenient but not technically correct) i found when i started the engine the living room electrics switch off automatically:Angry:. Not a major issue to correct but i heard that on later vans (mine is 2003) the wiring allowed the leisure batteries to be charged via the alternator. is this a major upgrade and does anyone have wiring diagrams for both models?
By the way we love :thumb:the van and look forward to meeting you all on the many trips we are planning. Mike

Teasy2007

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 26, 2007
Rotherham South Yorkshire
Funster No
MH
Carthago Malibu PVC
Exp
Since 2005
hi took our new purchase:Smile: for a try out this weekend to a nice site in Huntingdon, electric bikes on the back to test rear rack, with batteries removed of course.
some minor issues surfaced:
1 all taps dripped including the shower, no real problem as long as standard tap washers fit?
2 after installing a reversing camera, and wiring it up to the leisure battery circuit (convenient but not technically correct) i found when i started the engine the living room electrics switch off automatically:Angry:. Not a major issue to correct but i heard that on later vans (mine is 2003) the wiring allowed the leisure batteries to be charged via the alternator. is this a major upgrade and does anyone have wiring diagrams for both models?
By the way we love :thumb:the van and look forward to meeting you all on the many trips we are planning. Mike

Hi, we have an Autocruise Startrail and I think you will find that when you start the engine a number of things automatically happen:

The step retracts,
The fridge works on battery as opposed to electric (you can use it on gas but that is not really adviseable when you are driving),
The internal control panel switches off as do the lights, pump etc.
The habitation battery is charged whilst you are driving, via the alternator.

Hope this helps,

Ginny and Mike

Upvote 0
OP
OP
E

electricscott

Free Member
Nov 23, 2010
Buckden Marina
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
3 year
mostly fixed

Taps on the sinks needed a 1/4 turn to stop them dripping and the rewiring gives me a working reversing camera:Smile:. Not sure about the shower mixer valve, i think there is a grub screw that the releases the leaver but a new cartridge is probably needed.
Hope the weather picks up soon as we intend to make regular use the motor-home.:thumb:
Thanks again teasy for the info, i hope the habitation battery gets charged as you suggest as this make sense especially when hook-ups are not readily available.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Upvote 0

Carol

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 2, 2007
North Wales.
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
18 years s Motorhome (33years caravans)
Hi Electricscott, just wondered have you thought of attending one of the shows coming up with the funsters, the Peterborough show is a good one, at these for a new Motorhomer you can find most of the bits and pieces you want for any little repairs to the van, and picking up loads of information from the showgowers, enjoy your motorhome.:thumb:

Upvote 0

DESCO

Free Member
Mar 11, 2009
London
Funster No
MH
low profile
Exp
18 years +12 years tugging
Hi electricscott

Welcome to the world of MH Fun.