Sep 28, 2009
South Wales
Funster No
MH
Bailey AA 765
Exp
Since 2006
Hi All,
My wife and I are Foster carers. We have a month old baby with us at the moment, and are looking to go away with our other girls and the baby in the Spring. I was just wondering what your thoughts were on babies on camp sites, especially at 2am when the baby is screaming for milk! We would obviously try and book a pitch away from the crowds but obviously someone is going to be next to us!

And if you are wondering, yes I'm absolutely shattered. At 46 I never thought I'd be feeding babies at 2am again! But she is lovely and it is all worth it.

Thanks for your thoughts
Cam.:Smile:

rainbow chasers

Free Member
Oct 30, 2009
Mid Cornwall
Funster No
MH
Various
Exp
Be honest, tell the site warden - most camps have a spare overflow or rally field. They would probably be happy to accomodate you there, or in a secluded corner if a quiet site - gives you a little privacy at least!

scotjimland

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 25, 2007
Funster No
MH
A Woosh bang
Personally, I wouldn't give it a second thought

We have six kids and all have been camping/motorhoming since birth .. In my experience drunk and rowdy campers can make more noise.

BTW.. I was 50 when my youngest daughter was born.. your just a whippersnapper at 46 :roflmto:

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

jonandshell

Free Member
Dec 12, 2010
Norfolk
Funster No
MH
Not got one!
Exp
Since 2006
We were pitched once next to a young lady who had a baby in her caravan.

-The warden advised her to attend her local maternity unit next time!::bigsmile:

By the way Cam, that's a brave job you are doing! Best of luck and we hope the little mite has a good future ahead of him/her. It must be heartbreaking to pass them back if you have personal doubts about their full time carers.

Last edited:

sedge

Funster
Jul 7, 2009
Nr Jct 3 M6
Funster No
MH
C class
Exp
Aug 09 to date 9,000 miles!
I don't know this but why wouldn't the "being on holiday so out in the fresh air" thing which makes children dog tired, work for babies just as well as for those who can walk?

:thumb:

lorger

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 11, 2008
Dumfries
Funster No
MH
Knaus Sun 650MEG
Exp
Hi Like you we have done foster care never babies though but like scotjimlad says dont worry about it most people on campsites are families anyway and should understand if they dont give them some earplugs:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

We took one of our foster kids to france for 4 weeks and he loved it he was 7 at the time.

Good luck and well done for doing this

Gerry

Feb 22, 2008
Norfolk
Funster No
MH
Nearly Tugging
Exp
Since 2004
Wonderful job you are doing, congratulations. Whether the babies are fostered or your own there is no difference. Check with a site first but I cannot see how they can discriminate against a child.
We care for adults with learning difficulties in our own home and take them anywhere, they have the same rights as the rest of us .

Wildman

Free Member
May 30, 2008
Ilfracombe, Devon
Funster No
MH
Amazon Ambassador
Exp
since 1967
thoughts are you are very brave, go for the camping, any site you like will be fine, I always wildcamp, hee hee.

Road Runner

Free Member
Jul 26, 2007
Europe
Funster No
MH
yes
Exp
Since before Motorhomefun
TBO my mate Snowy often cries out at night when he realizes he's been paying nearly £4 a pint:Doh::winky:
:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

American Dream

Free Member
Aug 20, 2007
Lincoln
Funster No
MH
?
Exp
?
Hi All,
My wife and I are Foster carers. We have a month old baby with us at the moment, and are looking to go away with our other girls and the baby in the Spring. I was just wondering what your thoughts were on babies on camp sites, especially at 2am when the baby is screaming for milk! We would obviously try and book a pitch away from the crowds but obviously someone is going to be next to us!

And if you are wondering, yes I'm absolutely shattered. At 46 I never thought I'd be feeding babies at 2am again! But she is lovely and it is all worth it.

Thanks for your thoughts
Cam.:Smile:

Nice one.

A very worthwhile occupation and there are a lot of kids out there...

We used to have a lot of grief about noise on sites....But "That's Life"

Steve.

Jim

Ringleader
Jul 19, 2007
Sutton on Sea, UK
Funster No
MH
Adria Panel Van.
Exp
Since 1988
I know that a babies cry sounds very loud to responsible parents. Whereas the irressponsible parents seem to be deaf to the noise their children make::bigsmile:

You will be fine, it will sound like an alarm in the motorhome,:Eeek: but it won't travel too far, don't worry, enjoy the trip:thumb:

Road Runner

Free Member
Jul 26, 2007
Europe
Funster No
MH
yes
Exp
Since before Motorhomefun
Cam you'll often find families around you so it really as Steve AD say "thats life":Smile:

sorry for my bit of sillyness:winky::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

grumps147

LIFE MEMBER
Jun 6, 2010
St.Helens
Funster No
MH
Between
Exp
MH 12 yrs -Tent/Caravan 49 years
1 month olkd is only crying for food, and still fairly small - the noise will sound worse to you. Teething noise as they get a bit older can travel a short distance - but i agree with everyone else, uncontrolled children and drunks/layabouts make far more noise. GO FOR IT:thumb::thumb:

Loujess

Free Member
Jan 10, 2010
Leeds UK
Funster No
MH
none
Exp
I never mind when kids carry on. It's like when they play up in the supermarket. Mine did the same and my sympathies are always with the parents. ::bigsmile:::bigsmile:::bigsmile:

Ivy

moandick

Free Member
Jul 28, 2007
Landrake, Cornwall
Funster No
MH
Euro-shed
Exp
40 +
Not sure about babies on campsites - but I like 'em first thing in the morning - on toast, lightly grilled with a bit of tomato ketchup. :RollEyes:

Jun 2, 2010
Flintshire
Funster No
MH
Low profile
Exp
since 2010
Don't worry about it, campers who are on family sites are all in or have been in the same situation if they have kids with them, for older less tolerant couples like us there are plenty of adult only sites!!

IrasciBill

Free Member
Mar 6, 2010
SW Scotland
Funster No
MH
Auto-Roller 500
Exp
Since 2009 (after many years camping)
Babies

Hi Cam,
The fact that you have asked the question shows that you are considerate of those around you.
That being the case, any reasonable person should accept that you will be doing your utmost to be a good neighbour and any parent will understand your situation - we've all been there !!! I'm sure you'll always be doing what's best for the baby in any situation
Go for it and enjoy yourselves. You're doing a wonderful thing for an innocent child who is entitled to the same rights as anyone else. :thumb::thumb::thumb:

OP
OP
Cam1
Sep 28, 2009
South Wales
Funster No
MH
Bailey AA 765
Exp
Since 2006
Thanks for all you replies.
We are always considerate on sites, but not having had a baby in the motorhome before I thought I'de check the general feeling.
It just shows me what a happy bunch we are!:roflmto:

All the best
Cam :thumb:

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back