DVD ripper? (1 Viewer)

Nov 10, 2008
Forest Row, East Sussex, UK
Funster No
MH
5th Wheel
Exp
Guys,
Looking to put all my DVDs, mine I bought them, onto a 1TB external drive so I don't have to lug them around Europe on our travels.
Anyone suggest a good, fast, easy to use, legal DVD copy s/w to do this?
JK

Aug 27, 2009
Hertfordshire
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion
Exp
40 years
I have a Cyberlink Power Producer from Maplin it comes with hardware if you want to connect through usb etc.
I just use the software to transfer my DV tapes through Fire wire to disc but it also transfers from disc to file and many other options. It transfers direct so it is very quick. There are a number of differant packs so speak to Maplin and get some advice, mine cost about ÂŁ40 it also converts files to play on any unit.
Works good for me.:thumb:

old-mo

Funster
Extra Special
LIFE MEMBER
Oct 16, 2008
Weymouth. Dorset...
Funster No
MH
Nearly aint got one.
Exp
Caravan & motorhome 45 + yrs
Hi John.. How is you & Trish ?

Judy bought a little black thing and every now and again she takes all the photo`s off our various puters and stores them in that..

Whereby she used to copy to individual disc`s.. this thing is neat and saves having hundreds of disc`s hanging around..

I dont know what it is called or where she got it from, but I`ll ask her if you like, :thumb:

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Simannjo

Free Member
Apr 18, 2009
Nottingham.
Funster No
Try Freemake Video Converter from freemake.com as recommended on here some weeks ago.
I've used it to make DVD's and it was good'n'easy - but not yet to rip 'em.
:thumb:

OP
OP
Jackomet
Nov 10, 2008
Forest Row, East Sussex, UK
Funster No
MH
5th Wheel
Exp
Hi John.. How is you & Trish ?

Judy bought a little black thing and every now and again she takes all the photo`s off our various puters and stores them in that..

Whereby she used to copy to individual disc`s.. this thing is neat and saves having hundreds of disc`s hanging around..

I dont know what it is called or where she got it from, but I`ll ask her if you like, :thumb:

Maurice, well you have not changed, full of useless information as usual. I won't be asking to to help me adding a Spainish gas bottle and regulator as you did in Majal. If that "black thing" is a USB to TV converter I've already got one and the software with it, is not good.
In Roquetas ATM (read blog) until end March and then head north'ish.
Hope you, Judy and Paul are OK.
J&T

old-mo

Funster
Extra Special
LIFE MEMBER
Oct 16, 2008
Weymouth. Dorset...
Funster No
MH
Nearly aint got one.
Exp
Caravan & motorhome 45 + yrs
Maurice, well you have not changed, full of useless information as usual. I won't be asking to to help me adding a Spainish gas bottle and regulator as you did in Majal. If that "black thing" is a USB to TV converter I've already got one and the software with it, is not good.
In Roquetas ATM (read blog) until end March and then head north'ish.
Hope you, Judy and Paul are OK.
J&T

I know what I`m talking about...

It`s a 500 GB, Seagate Expansion External Drive.

See I am not that thick really.. :Tongue1:

Anyway thats what you need and thats`s what it say`s on the box...::bigsmile:

And Judy said tell him not to be so cheeky... he can`t help being dumb, not sure who she means you or me.. :winky: :ROFLMAO:

IrasciBill

Free Member
Mar 6, 2010
SW Scotland
Funster No
MH
Auto-Roller 500
Exp
Since 2009 (after many years camping)
Video copying

Guys,
Looking to put all my DVDs, mine I bought them, onto a 1TB external drive so I don't have to lug them around Europe on our travels.
Anyone suggest a good, fast, easy to use, legal DVD copy s/w to do this?
JK
Hi there,
Strictly speaking there is no legal way to copy any pre-recorded DVD or video (unless specific permission is given by the copyright holder(s) of the material)
Regardless of that, try "DVD Decrypter" and "Any Video Converter" which are both available as free downloads.
DVD Decrypter can get round most copy protection systems and Any Video Converter is great for saving the result as a variety of different file types.

wivvy's dad

Free Member
Jun 22, 2010
Funster No
MH
Transit LWB Hi-Top PVC
Exp
On and Off since '98
Hi there,
Strictly speaking there is no legal way to copy any pre-recorded DVD or video (unless specific permission is given by the copyright holder(s) of the material)
Regardless of that, try "DVD Decrypter" and "Any Video Converter" which are both available as free downloads.
DVD Decrypter can get round most copy protection systems and Any Video Converter is great for saving the result as a variety of different file types.

Ahh, but you can if you OWN the CD/DVD, and any copy is for your OWN use.

I recommended Freemake on here a few weeks ago, and I've been using it to convert both from DVD, and AVI's to DVD. It's very very good, and it's free

Lampie

Free Member
Nov 2, 2007
Derby
Funster No
MH
C Class RV
Exp
I have done exactly that put all my DVDs onto a hard drive. The thing to do is by a media hard drive there are loads about these are better than an ordinary external hard drive as they come with a scart socket and various other connections to plug into your TV and they are stand alone ie you dont need to have it wired to your computer to play films.

Then on your computer you need to install video converting program the one I use and I have tried a few is AVS video converter when you download this it recommends you also install another program called DVD43 this program takes the encription out of the DVD so you can copy it. When you copy the film look at disk in my computer and select the largest file this is normally the feature film that way you only get the film on hard drive. Media drives come with a remote for you to select your film from the list and away you go.

I convert my films to .avi format this does compress the film a little but not that much that you would notice .

Regards

Lampie

IrasciBill

Free Member
Mar 6, 2010
SW Scotland
Funster No
MH
Auto-Roller 500
Exp
Since 2009 (after many years camping)
Beg to differ

Ahh, but you can if you OWN the CD/DVD, and any copy is for your OWN use.

I recommended Freemake on here a few weeks ago, and I've been using it to convert both from DVD, and AVI's to DVD. It's very very good, and it's free
Sorry Wivvy's Dad, I must beg to differ. Whether you own (or purchased) the disc or not you are not permitted to make a copy except in certain circumstances such as :-
Non-commercial research and private study
Criticism, review and reporting current events
Teaching in educational establishments
Helping visually impaired people.
I know we all do it but it's not strictly legal. Even copying CDs to your PC as MP3 files is an infringement of copyright. OK chances are nobody is going to prosecute you if it's for your own personal use - but it's still an infringement.

Never used Freemake so can't comment - must have a look at it. FYI both DVD Decrypter and Any Video Converter are also free

400ixl

Free Member
Sep 14, 2008
Norfolk
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt High
Exp
3 years
I have found Fair Use Wizard 2 to be a very good solution.

As mentioned it is illegal to copy them even for your own personal use, Its the breaking of the encryption which is the illegal act rather than anything else. However, as the software is entitled it should be fair use to do so and provided you don't distribute the copies who's going to know.

Link Removed for a guide

http://www.videohelp.com/tools/FairUse_Wizard for the downloads

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back