Free Member
Apr 26, 2010
Norwich
Funster No
MH
Roller Team 600
Exp
18 months
Friday see the kids break up for a much needed holiday, not sure if us parents think the same. What plans have any of you made for the coming half term?

Dale

lorger

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 11, 2008
Dumfries
Funster No
MH
Knaus Sun 650MEG
Exp
Looks like we will be heading to Brighouse bay for a few days and meeting up with Paul,Leanne and boys. Lallymc on here.

So the Scottish sun will be shinning and we will all have a great time.

haganap

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 5, 2007
planet earth
Funster No
MH
Niesman+Bischoff 79e
Exp
I'm an oldbie MH number 10
We will be loaded up and off sking tomorrow night and I CANT WAIT.....::bigsmile:

5 motorhomes, a lorrra lorra laughs, great snow forecast and sunny skies

BRING IT ON :Cool::Cool:

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

weekenders

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 30, 2008
Leicestershire
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
15 years
We are going to dorset a week on friday to see our son in Blandford Forum and taking his daughter down to see him, just for the weekend, hope the weather is warmer

GJH

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 20, 2007
Acklam, Teesside, originally Glossop
Funster No
MH
None, now sold
Exp
2006 to 2022
Looks like we will be heading to Brighouse bay for a few days and meeting up with Paul,Leanne and boys. Lallymc on here.

So the Scottish sun will be shinning and we will all have a great time.

What's Brighouse Bay like now Gerry? We went there the first time we ever tent camped in 1980. Found it expensive so used Silvercraigs after that.

Silvercraigs was our first ever destination in the van as well; must go back there some time.

lou020

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 5, 2010
huddersfield
Funster No
MH
autotrail chieftain
Exp
since 2010
were going to moreton in marsh Glos sunday morning for a week. went to brighouse bay for new year,i have never seen water (sea) so calm and still for 3 days !. blandford forum is nice too, we stayed at the inside park,lovely place. Have a great time everyone where ever you may be..:thumb:

OP
OP
Dalek

Dalek

Free Member
Apr 26, 2010
Norwich
Funster No
MH
Roller Team 600
Exp
18 months
When I saw Brighouse Bay I was thinking of Brighouse near to my home town of Huddersfield, silly me couldnt see the attraction at first but now I realise its in Scotland, lol

Haganap and party have a fab time skiing and lots of FUN.

We're off to Burgh St Peter again and to WRC to see and try the newly refurbished pool thats reopens on Friday.

Dale

lorger

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 11, 2008
Dumfries
Funster No
MH
Knaus Sun 650MEG
Exp
Hi Graham
Brighouse can be a bit expensive but my daughter and wife love it as only 20miles away so can pop down for the weekend when im working and they know everything they need is there.
They tend to charge for everything like dog awning and so on but in winter they have an all in charge of £18 per pitch no matter how many in party still a bit expensive compared to a cl but have a swimming pool ten pin bowling and golf course so ideal for this time of year if weather is crap.
Silvercraigs is a lovely wee site but not open in winter.

Gerry

lorger

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 11, 2008
Dumfries
Funster No
MH
Knaus Sun 650MEG
Exp
Dale you in Huddersfield or norwich or like you have i got mixed up with two different huddersfields. If you are there then not to far to brighouse bay as its in south west scotland.

Gerry

sue1959

Free Member
Feb 11, 2010
Ireland
Funster No
Exp
non as yet, hired in Canada a couple of times. hope to buy in the next few years.
Work, Work and 1 day off for me! I'm not jealous honest!!!

GJH

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 20, 2007
Acklam, Teesside, originally Glossop
Funster No
MH
None, now sold
Exp
2006 to 2022
Hi Graham
Brighouse can be a bit expensive but my daughter and wife love it as only 20miles away so can pop down for the weekend when im working and they know everything they need is there.
They tend to charge for everything like dog awning and so on but in winter they have an all in charge of £18 per pitch no matter how many in party still a bit expensive compared to a cl but have a swimming pool ten pin bowling and golf course so ideal for this time of year if weather is crap.
Silvercraigs is a lovely wee site but not open in winter.

Gerry
Thanks Gerry. Brighouse Bay obviously has a lot more than it did 30 years ago ::bigsmile:

I do like Silvercraigs (when open) though. I can see the pub (all of them) from there :roflmto:

OP
OP
Dalek

Dalek

Free Member
Apr 26, 2010
Norwich
Funster No
MH
Roller Team 600
Exp
18 months
I used to live in Huddersfield where my family still live, and we moved to Norwich 5 years ago. There is a place called Brighouse not far from Huddersfield, though probarbly not as nice as Brighouse Bay in Scotland :thumb:

Dale

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back