LIFE MEMBER
Feb 19, 2008
Dark Side of the Moon
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
Since 2007
Yesterday, started Horace from its winter sleep, started 1st time...

We also checked the inside, we had bought an Aldi de-humidifier kit, that also had worked well, very little water collected, about a pint and Horace is nice any dry..
Would recommend the Aldi kit...:thumb:

ShiftZZ

GJH

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 20, 2007
Acklam, Teesside, originally Glossop
Funster No
MH
None, now sold
Exp
2006 to 2022
Nice, isn't it, when things go well.

Checked the electrics, water and gas in our van a few weeks ago. Now that it has passed the MoT I'm going to wait a couple of days for the weather to improve and then sterilise the water system.

Then it's a matter of see if we can get away before Newark at the end of March :Smile:

Brisey

Deceased RIP
Sep 4, 2007
Sutton on Sea
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
Since 2003
We started our van up last Monday, all was well, it started first time and no interior dampness evident. MOT and full service are due next month, sterilisation of the water system is on the "to do" list. Our first outing will be to Newark. All we want now is some sunshine.

Brisey

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Squire

Free Member
Dec 30, 2010
Funster No
Got my van up and running this week, too. Apart from a battery charge all seems well, but I'm not waiting for Newark - I'm off to the NEC next week to have a browse round. I'll be staying in my van near Meriden for three of four days. It usually gets below freezing in that area for at least a day or two at this time of year so I'm going prepared ..... Looking forward to it.

dellwood33

Free Member
Apr 25, 2009
Newcastle
Funster No
MH
italian crap
Exp
too long
Going to check the van at the storage compund later this week. I hope it all goes as well as your start ups seem to have. ::bigsmile:

Squire

Free Member
Dec 30, 2010
Funster No
Got my van up and running this week, too. Apart from a battery charge all seems well, but I'm not waiting for Newark - I'm off to the NEC next week to have a browse round. I'll be staying in my van near Meriden for three of four days. It usually gets below freezing in that area for at least a day or two at this time of year so I'm going prepared ..... Looking forward to it.

Change of plan .....

Date: Sun, 13 Feb 2011 06:53:23 -0800 (PST)
zenith-----zbnplc@att.net>
Reply-To:
zenithbankplc.ng71@yahoo.com.hk
Subject: CHANGES OF BENEFICIARY
To: "undisclosed recipients"@

Zenith Bank Plc.
84 Ajose Street
Victoria Island
Lagos, Nigeria.
Tel: +2348028755660

CHANGES OF BENEFICIARY

This is the second time we are notifying you about this said fund. We hereby send to you the information submitted by Mr. John T. Kehoe U.S.A of California, with an application to receive your Award Payment of $10,000.000.00.on your behalf from this bank.

Please as a matter of urgency, you are required to verify the following information and inform us if you are aware or know anything about this. This morning Mr. John T. Kehoe came to the office claiming that you have instructed him to come and receive the payment on your behalf with some representatives.

I have ask them to come back tomorrow as they did not provide any power of an attorney from you which will proof that you thoroughly send them, This was to enable me contact you to verify how genuine this people are to you.

1. Did you instruct one Mr. John T. Kehoe of 122 Fitch Way, Sacramento, Ca. 95864. whose information's is below, to claim and receive the payment on your behalf?

2. Did you sign any 'Deed of Assignment' in his favor thereby making him the current beneficiary with the following account details:

Account Name: Mr. John T. Kehoe Group Ltd,
A/C #USD114-25567-8,
Bank Name: Bank Of America
Swift Code: SCBL 11K111.

Finally, you are hereby advised to indicate to this honorable Bank with immediate effect, if you are the person that instructed Mr. John T. Kehoe to come for the claim of your fund worth of $10,000.000.00. NOTE: your full name and telephone number is needed for communications.

We wait for your call on +2348028755660 and urgent respond to this bank so that you will be giving an immediate
Response.

Yours sincerely,
Dr. James Glory
Head of Operations.
Zenith Bank Plc

If I can get this through in time I won't be going to the NEC to 'browse' .... I'll be going to BUY the NEC !! :Cool:

dellwood33

Free Member
Apr 25, 2009
Newcastle
Funster No
MH
italian crap
Exp
too long
Checked the van this morning and evrything is OK apart from the sodding starter battery. I will have to return to the storage area and either try & charge it with the generator, or remove the battery & take it home for charging.
So how do I lock the cab doors if the battery is removed ? The driver side will lock with the key, but the passenger door does not have key access :RollEyes:
(Ducato 130)
I was sure that I read somewhere that there is a method of manually locking the passenger door - anyone know ? :Smile:

johnp10

Free Member
Oct 12, 2009
North Lincolnshire
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
8 years ish
Checked the van this morning and evrything is OK apart from the sodding starter battery. I will have to return to the storage area and either try & charge it with the generator, or remove the battery & take it home for charging.
So how do I lock the cab doors if the battery is removed ? The driver side will lock with the key, but the passenger door does not have key access :RollEyes:
(Ducato 130)
I was sure that I read somewhere that there is a method of manually locking the passenger door - anyone know ? :Smile:

Had the same experience with the starter battery.
Jump started it, ran it for an hour, all seems ok.
Good charge showing days afterwards.
Apart from that, no damp, gas system ok, hab 12v and hook up systems ok.
Just the streaks to scrub off. Last time I tried that I bust me feet. Have to get a better system!

imprint

Free Member
Jul 14, 2009
Funster No
Same with us, Shifty, Mr Aldi worked well even in Glen Haggis, where it's snowing buckets again, all white for some.

Coming to Dellboy, we've got a smaller Duke, (a Marchesa?) and in theory the same problem, so I lock the passenger door from inside, manually, and then get out to use the remote locking on my side and the habitation lock.

Hope this works

dellwood33

Free Member
Apr 25, 2009
Newcastle
Funster No
MH
italian crap
Exp
too long
:Smile: Well I managed to remove the cab battery today and managed to leave the van with the doors locked. (I found the method of locking the passenger door manually.:thumb:)
The battery is in the shed on the smart charger at the moment, but I have a feeling that it was deeply discharged and could well be destined for the scrap pile.
Any links for a replacement battery ? :Smile:

Jim

Ringleader
Jul 19, 2007
Sutton on Sea, UK
Funster No
MH
Adria Panel Van.
Exp
Since 1988
:Smile: Well I managed to remove the cab battery today and managed to leave the van with the doors locked. (I found the method of locking the passenger door manually.:thumb:)
The battery is in the shed on the smart charger at the moment, but I have a feeling that it was deeply discharged and could well be destined for the scrap pile.
Any links for a replacement battery ? :Smile:

Hi Dick, I find that batteries are cheaper to buy at shows. They are costly to deliver (hazardous?) but of course no postage when you personally collect from a show.

dellwood33

Free Member
Apr 25, 2009
Newcastle
Funster No
MH
italian crap
Exp
too long
Problem with the shows would be getting there if the engine battery is Kaput::bigsmile: Getting quotes in the 85 to £152 !!!! range

laneside

Funster
Deceased RIP
Aug 14, 2009
Oradour sur Vayres
Funster No
MH
Rapido V66
Exp
nowhere near long enough
Hi Dickson

Just try Alpha batteries .co.uk they are in Rochdale and are big suppliers

They sell a lot on ebay so do a delivery service

I have collected from them in the past and found them excellent

Cheers Alan

JJ

Mágica
May 1, 2008
Quinta Majay, Pinheiro Bordalo, Portugal
Funster No
MH
Burstner Privilege T
Exp
over 50 years
Hey Squire... just phoned the number you posted in Nigeria but I think they must have suspected I was after some of your money because they put me on hold for ages with rotten music playing...:cry:

JJ

dellwood33

Free Member
Apr 25, 2009
Newcastle
Funster No
MH
italian crap
Exp
too long
Hi Dickson

Just try Alpha batteries .co.uk they are in Rochdale and are big suppliers

They sell a lot on ebay so do a delivery service

I have collected from them in the past and found them excellent

Cheers Alan

Thanks for the link Alan. :Smile:
Just ordered a battery for £75 next day delivery included :thumb:

Squire

Free Member
Dec 30, 2010
Funster No
Hey Squire... just phoned the number you posted in Nigeria but I think they must have suspected I was after some of your money because they put me on hold for ages with rotten music playing...:cry:

JJ

Aw shucks JJ - I'm soooo sorry - you were too late - they sent me all the money and I've spent the lot buying the NEC. Never mind, you and all my funster friends are invited to a grand party on the opening day next Tuesday - free Champagne and lobster buffet for all in the Managing Directors suite, Hall 1 at 12 noon. See you there .... Oh, I forgot - free entry for Funsters, too ...

dellwood33

Free Member
Apr 25, 2009
Newcastle
Funster No
MH
italian crap
Exp
too long
New battery fitted and the Van Engine started first attempt.
Need to keep an eye on the battery to see if the Solar Panel can maintain it now :Smile:

pappajohn

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 26, 2007
Dark side of the moon
Funster No
Exp
Since 2005
Change of plan .....

If I can get this through in time I won't be going to the NEC to 'browse' .... I'll be going to BUY the NEC !! :Cool:

more proffesionally writen than most.....

I have ask them to come back tomorrow as they did not provide any power of an attorney from you which will proof that you thoroughly (?) send them, This was to enable me contact you to verify how genuine this people are to you.

there are always mistakes though. :roflmto:

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back