Free Member
Mar 2, 2008
Darlington
Funster No
MH
Gone back to tugging
Exp
40 years
Well, we're here and there are a good few motorhomes on the site. Anyone from on here?
Come and say hello, we're in the Compass Castaway!

MisterED

Free Member
Oct 5, 2009
Sunny Aberdeenshire !
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
3 glorious years, previous 18 a Tugger!
Have Fun,
Was there many years ago as a Tugger :Eeek:
Site was well run and maintained, bus not far for town, and York a wonderful place to walk around:thumb:
Hope the sun shines for you:Smile:
Terry in wet and windy Aberdeenshire

Benni-Boy

Free Member
Feb 10, 2009
Halifax
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
30 years
Lucky blighters! We've been trying to get on there for about 18 months and every weekend has been booked up. I looked on the CC site a couple of weeks ago and it was booked up for every weekend in 2011!
Unfortunately I work for the NHS and so I'm not able to book a year in advance. Maybe one day when I retire and have no time restraints I may get on a CC site. Perhaps they should only let pensioners on midweek and reserve the weekends for those of us still hitched to the grindstone! (Only joking)!!:thumb:
Have a great time in a beautiful city.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

peter marshall

Free Member
Mar 5, 2009
Cleveleys,Lancashire
Funster No
MH
Low Line
Exp
9 Years
Lucky blighters! We've been trying to get on there for about 18 months and every weekend has been booked up. I looked on the CC site a couple of weeks ago and it was booked up for every weekend in 2011!
Unfortunately I work for the NHS and so I'm not able to book a year in advance. Maybe one day when I retire and have no time restraints I may get on a CC site. Perhaps they should only let pensioners on midweek and reserve the weekends for those of us still hitched to the grindstone! (Only joking)!!:thumb:

Hi Benni Boy
Perhaps if they charged a deposit like the C&CC they would still have vacancies to be filled a and when members want to go , not just booking in case they might want to. Pete :thumb:

Mixter

Free Member
Dec 2, 2009
Keighley, West Yorkshire
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
Now a year - cant believe it!
Its for this reason ive just binned the CC. Never been able to get near one of their better sites at a time when ive wanted. Lets see what the other club has to offer.

OP
OP
Castaway

Castaway

Free Member
Mar 2, 2008
Darlington
Funster No
MH
Gone back to tugging
Exp
40 years
We booked this weekend last October, saw a gap and took it!
We were lucky because it only reopened on Thursday after being closed because of the river level. For those that don't know it, it is right next to the Ouse, which is susceptible to flooding.

Weather a bit iffy at the moment but York's a lovely place anyway and plenty to do so the weather isn't a problem.

Had a laugh watching the exodus at 11.15 this morning. For the last 45 mins it has been quiet but now it's midday and the queues to get in have started!

lorger

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 11, 2008
Dumfries
Funster No
MH
Knaus Sun 650MEG
Exp
Hi we have stayed here twice and both times its said it was full give the warden a phone and see if they have a space.

We called them and they told us Friday was free but have to wait to see if we can get on sat and sun warden came to door on sat morning and told us it was ok to stay. On the friday night website said it was full we counted at least 10 free pitches and when we where in the reception for something some one just turned up warden told him he was lucky as loads of space as folk had just called off.

So worth ringing them the friday just after 11.

Gerry

peter marshall

Free Member
Mar 5, 2009
Cleveleys,Lancashire
Funster No
MH
Low Line
Exp
9 Years
Hi we have stayed here twice and both times its said it was full give the warden a phone and see if they have a space.

We called them and they told us Friday was free but have to wait to see if we can get on sat and sun warden came to door on sat morning and told us it was ok to stay. On the friday night website said it was full we counted at least 10 free pitches and when we where in the reception for something some one just turned up warden told him he was lucky as loads of space as folk had just called off.

So worth ringing them the friday just after 11.

Gerry

Hi Gerry
Its as I said people just book with the option to cancel then phone up and deprive other members of a pitch, I know all cancellations are not like that some do have a genuine reason but ten on one weekend on the same site very suspect. Pete :Sad::Sad:

cpease

Free Member
Mar 16, 2008
Morley,Leeds up North
Funster No
MH
Ford Transit stealth van
Exp
since June 2006
We booked this weekend last October, saw a gap and took it!
We were lucky because it only reopened on Thursday after being closed because of the river level. For those that don't know it, it is right next to the Ouse, which is susceptible to flooding.

Weather a bit iffy at the moment but York's a lovely place anyway and plenty to do so the weather isn't a problem.

Had a laugh watching the exodus at 11.15 this morning. For the last 45 mins it has been quiet but now it's midday and the queues to get in have started!

We stayed 2 weeks ago, and also booked back in Oct. We will not be staying again as we have binned CC due to their booking system as in this country you cannot guess what the weather is going to be like in 4 months time, so we have joined the Motor Caravaners Club as 95% of their meets you just turn up.

Feb 22, 2008
Norfolk
Funster No
MH
Nearly Tugging
Exp
Since 2004
The Caravan Club have become financially sound from their members subscriptions and it would appear that they can afford to have sites less than full as a result of a no deposit booking policy . They can also afford to reject certain RVs on some sites because of their size that were accepted last year :Doh: The mind boggles !

lorger

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 11, 2008
Dumfries
Funster No
MH
Knaus Sun 650MEG
Exp
Hi Gerry
Its as I said people just book with the option to cancel then phone up and deprive other members of a pitch, I know all cancellations are not like that some do have a genuine reason but ten on one weekend on the same site very suspect. Pete :Sad::Sad:

Hi Peter the wardens even told us they have complained to the cc about it and not their fault as they where great but they have said they take a bit of abuse about it from some members

peter marshall

Free Member
Mar 5, 2009
Cleveleys,Lancashire
Funster No
MH
Low Line
Exp
9 Years
Hi Peter the wardens even told us they have complained to the cc about it and not their fault as they where great but they have said they take a bit of abuse about it from some members
Hi Gerry
I agree with you on that, of the sites I have used the wardens have all been very polite and helpfull, its the system that lets it down. Pete

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back