Rally Chester Easter 9th 13th April 2020. CANCELLED (1 Viewer)

Feb 26, 2013
derbyshire
Funster No
MH
Autocruise stargazer
Exp
since 2013
just hope his hard worked for business like many more comes back to bring us the great venues for future rallys.

I totally agree. We went to this event last year and really enjoyed it. I would be very sorry if never returns due to the unprecedented conditions and if that means us losing our money this year then so be it......... With so many businesses in trouble I think we'll be very lucky to see many weekends which are such good value for money..

Feb 5, 2020
Crosby
Funster No
MH
Smileo 202
Exp
Was a Newbie but getting the hang of it now.
I am one of the people that have been promised a refund recently, I had originally said to them that they could hold my Full payment till they reorganised dates. When it became apparent that we would not be able to attend in August I started asking about a refund. I was originally told that I would have to wait and see if they where fully booked for the new date then I maybe refunded !!
Have been in contact via emails with britney who has given us the "when the accountant is back"
& " it has been processed and will be with you in 5 to 10 working days" replays.
If not will be taking it up with the credit card companies or further.
I would have liked to attend the August meeting but even that now appears to be in doubt.

Nanniemate

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 1, 2019
Wales
Funster No
MH
IH
Exp
Still dropping clangers and making it up as I go along
Thank you for your input it's very easy to put ones pennys worth in and while you were doing it I was on the phone to the owner of the business as I did not want to pass on speculation or hearsay.
It is not a huge company but run by one man who over the years has gone to great lengths to make sure we as a group have been very well looked after at our rallys.
At the moment through no fault of his own like the rest of the country his business has been greatly affected, the work stress upset and and time on self employed people I can imagine being self employed myself for many years
I just hope his hard worked for business like many more comes back to bring us the great venues for future rallys.

It is a business, they are not the only organisation who have lost income due to the situation, they are in the service industry looking after people is their business. The organisation has not handled the situation very well

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

BossHog

Free Member
Jul 31, 2018
Fylde Coast
Funster No
MH
Swift Kontiki
I'll still be going, as will some of my friends. Wouldn't get a weekend's camping in August for that price anywhere else! Not bothered about the food and drink festival. Plenty of other things in Chester to do.

Nothing to do with the cost of attending, unfortunately we will be 16k miles away ( potentially) on the new proposed date. I contributed more than the cost of this event to help someone, as others have stated....

Last edited:
OP
OP
Carol

Carol

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 2, 2007
North Wales.
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
18 years s Motorhome (33years caravans)
I am one of the people that have been promised a refund recently, I had originally said to them that they could hold my Full payment till they reorganised dates. When it became apparent that we would not be able to attend in August I started asking about a refund. I was originally told that I would have to wait and see if they where fully booked for the new date then I maybe refunded !!
Have been in contact via emails with britney who has given us the "when the accountant is back"
& " it has been processed and will be with you in 5 to 10 working days" replays.
I would have liked to attend the August meeting but even that now appears to be in doubt.
The event
Hi I fully understand and I have been assured you will get a refund.
Re the August date they have had to organise to get everything in place for the rally to go ahead and it is all in place. If for any reason in the present climate it could not go ahead full refunds will be given.
Stephen the organiser /owner has asked to pass on his apologies and thanks everyone who has been understanding of the situation.

Sep 15, 2013
Liverpool
Funster No
MH
Hymer b654
Exp
The event

Re the August date they have had to organise to get everything in place for the rally to go ahead and it is all in place. If for any reason in the present climate it could not go ahead full refunds will be given.
Stephen the organiser /owner has asked to pass on his apologies and thanks everyone who has been understanding of the situation.
Thank you Carol for keeping us informed. I know it’s difficult at the moment for everyone not knowing but if it’s still on I am going, as people have said Chester is lovely and it won’t be an expensive weekend x

Rosemary1

Free Member
Jan 23, 2016
Dumfries and Galloway
Funster No
MH
Rapido A class
Exp
1 year
The event

Thank you Carol for speaking to them on everyone’s behalf.

I will post on here when I get my refund - I think I was one of the earliest to ask as I knew the August dates were unsuitable straight away.

Dec 1, 2018
Funster No
MH
Burstner Marano
Exp
I’m a newbie
My wife and I are still going in August and my wife will celebrate her 82nd birthday there never been before to Chesterfest but so looking forward to it just hope it is not cancelled again.

bigtwin

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 29, 2009
Derby
Funster No
MH
Concorde
Exp
Since 2006
Just received this:

C05AEE53-B664-4ABF-A7BA-F0921BBDF792.jpeg

Ian

Dec 1, 2018
Funster No
MH
Burstner Marano
Exp
I’m a newbie
We are happy to have our money transfierred to next April 1st to 5th April 2021 and look forward to it

Jan 26, 2017
Mid Suffolk.
Funster No
MH
Autosleeper Inca
Exp
Eight Years and 28,000 Miles.
We are happy to have our money transfierred to next April 1st to 5th April 2021 and look forward to it
Same here, even if we didn't go, I wouldn't apply for a refund..

Not sure about the weather so early in April, but no issues.

OP
OP
Carol

Carol

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 2, 2007
North Wales.
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
Hi I have just spoken to Stephen on the phone again and as he says in the email., things have changed quickly since I spoke to him and its now off until next year those of us going 2021 will
make sure its a extra special rally.

Nanniemate

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 1, 2019
Wales
Funster No
MH
IH
Exp
Still dropping clangers and making it up as I go along
Hi I have just spoken to Stephen on the phone again and as he says in the email., things have changed quickly since I spoke to him and its now off until next year those of us going 2021 will
make sure its a extra special rally.

Thanks for the update but cannot say I'm surprised, I will be very happy to post that I have had a refund if it arrives

Apr 11, 2015
hull
Funster No
MH
Laika Ecovip 300
Exp
since 1988 with breaks until 2009
John and I were just discussing this, will opt to change to next year, that's another one for the 2021 calendar. Just spoken to someone from Warners email going out 5th July for Peterborough refund/change to next year. Seems if you dont want entertainment tickets again next year you have to cancel all.

Rosemary1

Free Member
Jan 23, 2016
Dumfries and Galloway
Funster No
MH
Rapido A class
Exp
1 year
Well, a pleasant surprise, my card has been refunded, so hopefully a positive outcome for all :clap:

Great - I have just had an email saying I am on the list and will receive my refund in the next 5 to 10 days looks like things are now moving.

Feb 5, 2020
Crosby
Funster No
MH
Smileo 202
Exp
Was a Newbie but getting the hang of it now.
Have recieved a full refund via credit card so will put the funds away for an other event in the future as cannot commit to events in 2021 this far in advance or leave them with an organisation that I may not be able to use next year.
May get to see some of you in the future, be safe.

Cal54

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 25, 2014
Southport, UK
Funster No
MH
Leisuredrive Renoir
Exp
Since 1996
I’m going to let my payment rollover to next year. If the gods are with us then the sun will shine and the tractors won’t be needed!!! 🤞🤞

Poodlepower

Free Member
Mar 17, 2018
Staffordshire
Funster No
MH
Compass Avantgarde
Exp
since 1983
I have also received the email cancelling August and am letting my payment roll over too. Is there any chance we could hold a rally there in August instead such as is happening at Stratford racecourse next week in place of the Motorhome Show?

OP
OP
Carol

Carol

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 2, 2007
North Wales.
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
I have also received the email cancelling August and am letting my payment roll over too. Is there any chance we could hold a rally there in August instead such as is happening at Stratford racecourse next week in place of the Motorhome Show?
Would be nice but I think it will be next year before the Race Course will allow rallys there.

Mar 9, 2015
Heywood, Gtr. Manchester.
Funster No
MH
AS Broadway FB
Exp
Since 2008
I'll still be going, as will some of my friends. Wouldn't get a weekend's camping in August for that price anywhere else! Not bothered about the food and drink festival. Plenty of other things in Chester to do.
Oh well, spoke too soon. 😥
Will let the booking roll over to next year. I feel sorry for the organisers as I'm sure the last thing they want to do is have disappointed customers. They've obviously been hoping to have some sort of event in August and been waiting to see what's happening with the pandemic before committing. Sadly it's not worked out but hopefully by next April this will all be a bad dream!

OP
OP
Carol

Carol

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 2, 2007
North Wales.
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
Oh well, spoke too soon. 😥
Will let the booking roll over to next year. I feel sorry for the organisers as I'm sure the last thing they want to do is have disappointed customers. They've obviously been hoping to have some sort of event in August and been waiting to see what's happening with the pandemic before committing. Sadly it's not worked out but hopefully by next April this will all be a bad dream!
Wendy when I spoke to Stephen he is devistated he has been working so hard behind the scenes to try and reschedule for August, but between all us regulars who enjoy the atmosphere of the Chester meet we will do our best to make it a good one.
Thank you and all the other Funsters who have been so understanding in these strange times.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back