Rally Chester Easter 9th 13th April 2020. CANCELLED (1 Viewer)

Hils and Glenns

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 13, 2015
N Yorks
Funster No
MH
Hymer B 674
Exp
Since 2015
I'm not sure who is organising this rally at the moment but can who ever it is takes us of the list please?

Jan 11, 2018
Malvern Link, Malvern, UK
Funster No
MH
Chausson Welcome 85
Exp
Since 2018
I'm not sure who is organising this rally at the moment but can who ever it is takes us of the list please?

You need to send an email to the lady doing the organising (not Carol) from the venue company.
Her name escapes me as I write , sorry.

We can't go on the new dates in August and so asked to be placed on the list for Easter 2021.

No refunds unfortunately

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Hils and Glenns

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 13, 2015
N Yorks
Funster No
MH
Hymer B 674
Exp
Since 2015
You need to send an email to the lady doing the organising (not Carol) from the venue company.
Her name escapes me as I write , sorry.

We can't go on the new dates in August and so asked to be placed on the list for Easter 2021.

No refunds unfortunately
I got in touch with the lady as soon as the dates were changed. I got a refund although it took a long time to arrive.

Feb 5, 2020
Crosby
Funster No
MH
Smileo 202
Exp
Was a Newbie but getting the hang of it now.
I got in touch with the lady as soon as the dates were changed. I got a refund although it took a long time to arrive.
I got in touch with camperfest as soon as they said Easter was cancelled and could not go to rearranged dates. They said if we get extra bookings you may get a refund.
Will ring them tomorrow and my credit card company and get my money back one way or other.

Rosemary1

Free Member
Jan 23, 2016
Dumfries and Galloway
Funster No
MH
Rapido A class
Exp
1 year
Well done - I couldn’t do the August but they still would not refund me until some other people book to go. Will get in touch with them again. Thanks Dawn

Hils and Glenns

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 13, 2015
N Yorks
Funster No
MH
Hymer B 674
Exp
Since 2015
I got in touch with camperfest as soon as they said Easter was cancelled and could not go to rearranged dates. They said if we get extra bookings you may get a refund.
Will ring them tomorrow and my credit card company and get my money back one way or other.
Well done - I couldn’t do the August but they still would not refund me until some other people book to go. Will get in touch with them again. Thanks Dawn
I have had to be pleasant but persistent to get a refund. I think it has taken about 15 emails and about 3 months.

Feb 5, 2020
Crosby
Funster No
MH
Smileo 202
Exp

BossHog

Free Member
Jul 31, 2018
Fylde Coast
Funster No
MH
Swift Kontiki
After 3/4 emails sent requesting a refund, (we couldn’t attend on new dates) received a reply on Thursday (25th Jun) from CamperFest;

“My apologies once again for the delay, please be aware you refund has been processed today and will return on to your payment in the next 5-10 working days”

looks like we may receive a refund after all....

Feb 5, 2020
Crosby
Funster No
MH
Smileo 202
Exp
After 3/4 emails sent requesting a refund, (we couldn’t attend on new dates) received a reply on Thursday (25th Jun) from CamperFest;

“My apologies once again for the delay, please be aware you refund has been processed today and will return on to your payment in the next 5-10 working days”

looks like we may receive a refund after all....

Got the same email, did you also get one before that waiting for the accountant.
Looking forward to seeing the funds back, will use it for other trips.

Rosemary1

Free Member
Jan 23, 2016
Dumfries and Galloway
Funster No
MH
Rapido A class
Exp
1 year
Me too - a couple of weeks ago - accountant was away for the weekend but would send it following Monday - not received yet so don’t get too excited!

Nanniemate

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 1, 2019
Wales
Funster No
MH
IH
Exp
Still dropping clangers and making it up as I go along
Me too - a couple of weeks ago - accountant was away for the weekend but would send it following Monday - not received yet so don’t get too excited!

Me thinks they are telling fibs

Rosemary1

Free Member
Jan 23, 2016
Dumfries and Galloway
Funster No
MH
Rapido A class
Exp
1 year
I
I'll still be going, as will some of my friends. Wouldn't get a weekend's camping in August for that price anywhere else! Not bothered about the food and drink festival. Plenty of other things in Chester to do.
It was the fact I had already agreed to go somewhere else in August and didn’t want to cancel on them so couldn’t go otherwise yes would be a very nice weekend. Once I finally get my money back (because they CANCELLED - sorry to shout but they keep quoting they postponed as per their T&C s) I will never pay them a penny again!

Sep 3, 2012
Cheshire
Funster No
MH
C Class Elddis 175
Exp
8+ years
Just out of interest, if this camperfest rally is going ahead in August, is anyone changing the original post dates?

Feb 24, 2013
Bolsover, Derbyshire
Funster No
MH
Hymer S800
Exp
not long enough
I

It was the fact I had already agreed to go somewhere else in August and didn’t want to cancel on them so couldn’t go otherwise yes would be a very nice weekend. Once I finally get my money back (because they CANCELLED - sorry to shout but they keep quoting they postponed as per their T&C s) I will never pay them a penny again!

I would think the cancellation of the event due to government intervention not the choice of the venue or the organisers must already have left them massively in debt

even though you may be legally entitled to a full refund , which I am sure you will get, it must be very hard for them to find the money having no doubt committed to a lot of expense for the event

there have been too many people amongst us expecting and demanding refunds on all sorts due to no fault of anybody, be kind 🌈

Rosemary1

Free Member
Jan 23, 2016
Dumfries and Galloway
Funster No
MH
Rapido A class
Exp
1 year
It's hasn't been cancelled, it's still on, it's been moved to a different date.
To a date I cannot attend! I could attend the original dates but they cancelled it (I understand that they had to).

If I had rang them in February and said I cannot make the dates in April but am not cancelling as I could get to Chester on another date so am not cancelling just postponing - do you think they would then of said oh of course here is your money back.

Rosemary1

Free Member
Jan 23, 2016
Dumfries and Galloway
Funster No
MH
Rapido A class
Exp
1 year
I would think the cancellation of the event due to government intervention not the choice of the venue or the organisers must already have left them massively in debt

even though you may be legally entitled to a full refund , which I am sure you will get, it must be very hard for them to find the money having no doubt committed to a lot of expense for the event

there have been too many people amongst us expecting and demanding refunds on all sorts due to no fault of anybody, be kind 🌈

The event should of taken place in April and it is now the end of June. They originally told me they may replay me, then that they should repay me and then yes they will repay me but I haven’t had sight of the money.

I have emailed them several times - why should I have to keep chasing.

Please note I have received refunds from a couple of events automatically, a couple I left the deposits/payment with them as a charity or good cause and a very large deposit on a special holiday to be carried into next year as they were so professional and flexible with dates that would suit me.

It has just annoyed me the way they have treated me !

Sorry for the rant, I don’t normally but it’s how I feel

Nanniemate

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 1, 2019
Wales
Funster No
MH
IH
Exp
I

I'm throwing my 2 pennies worth in . Yes they have postponed rather than cancelled however I have been lead to believe that their T&C are an unfair condition and have they have paid out to to some set the president.

However it is individual choice and many do not wish to go to Chester in August therefore should be refunded as this is not the service offered or undertaken in the contract

Briony Wilson as a director for such an unethical organisation, should be very uncomfortable having to respond to people knowing that the response may not be accurate. I have known of other Holiday operators using the same excuse of the 'accountant not available' when they are looking directly at the said account whilst being on the phone to the creditor.

I hope they they do monitor social media and realise how poorly their actions are reflecting upon their organisation. Additionally they do not realise that if creditors are pushed into taking alternative action it will cost them additional costs

But then again when Ltd Companies do go under there is very little recourse for the directors

OP
OP
Carol

Carol

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 2, 2007
North Wales.
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
18 years s Motorhome (33years caravans)
I have just had a long conversation with Stephen the man in overhaul charge of the Chester Food Festival they are hoping that the Rally will go ahead in August but at the moment they are still waiting on confirmation from the local council.
For all those who won't be able to attend the event if it is held in August and have asked for a refund he has assured me all refunds will be honoured.
At the moment all staff including Briony are furloughed so it is making it difficult to get them processed he has asked me to pass on his genuine and sincere apologies for all the inconvenience and worry of
not being able to process the refunds has caused.

Nanniemate

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 1, 2019
Wales
Funster No
MH
IH
Exp
I have just had a long conversation with Stephen the man in overhaul charge of the Chester Food Festival they are hoping that the Rally will go ahead in August but at the moment they are still waiting on confirmation from the local council.
For all those who won't be able to attend the event if it is held in August and have asked for a refund he has assured me all refunds will be honoured.
At the moment all staff including Briony are furloughed so it is making it difficult to get them processed he has asked me to pass on his genuine and sincere apologies for all the inconvenience and worry of
not being able to process the refunds has caused.

Hi Carol
I am pleased that someone has direct contact and I am pleased that you are happy to defend the behaviour of an organisation near to you.

However this is inconsistent information. Briony has been working as she has sent emails, or someone is using her email address and signature to send out template emails
The information you have supplied about the uncertainty about the event taking place until the council confirms makes me even more uncomfortable as they are now taking bookings and more money from other customers who I am sure would not be booking if they were told that there at this present moment in time no guarantee of the event going ahead as the council has not authorised it.
There is no mention on the website that I have found saying that the event may still not go ahead only that it has been rescheduled and make a booking and we will take your money

Lets hope that your faith in the directors of the organisation is justified.

I have reorganised and left payments with other organisations who have dealt with this very unusual event in a professional and understanding manner.

OP
OP
Carol

Carol

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 2, 2007
North Wales.
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
18 years s Motorhome (33years caravans)
I'm throwing my 2 pennies worth in . Yes they have postponed rather than cancelled however I have been lead to believe that their T&C are an unfair condition and have they have paid out to to some set the president.

However it is individual choice and many do not wish to go to Chester in August therefore should be refunded as this is not the service offered or undertaken in the contract

Briony Wilson as a director for such an unethical organisation, should be very uncomfortable having to respond to people knowing that the response may not be accurate. I have known of other Holiday operators using the same excuse of the 'accountant not available' when they are looking directly at the said account whilst being on the phone to the creditor.

I hope they they do monitor social media and realise how poorly their actions are reflecting upon their organisation. Additionally they do not realise that if creditors are pushed into taking alternative action it will cost them additional costs

But then again when Ltd Companies do go under there is very little recourse for the directors
Thank you for your input it's very easy to put ones pennys worth in and while you were doing it I was on the phone to the owner of the business as I did not want to pass on speculation or hearsay.
It is not a huge company but run by one man who over the years has gone to great lengths to make sure we as a group have been very well looked after at our rallys.
At the moment through no fault of his own like the rest of the country his business has been greatly affected, the work stress upset and and time on self employed people I can imagine being self employed myself for many years
I just hope his hard worked for business like many more comes back to bring us the great venues for future rallys.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back