A sort through. (1 Viewer)

Should this section be organised by "County"

• Yes by County

Votes: 33 73.3%
  • Yes, but by another method (please state)

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • No

Votes: 3 6.7%
  • I don't care.

Votes: 9 20.0%

• Total voters
Feb 9, 2011
Sussex
Funster No
MH
Elddis Accordo 120
Exp
Since 2002
I've just joined and wildcamp, so thought I'd browse through here...but I can't it's a mess!!!

Is there anyone with appropriate access, to group the stopovers by Counties. It's currently unworkable IMHO.

Poll added to canvas opinion.

Last edited:

Douglas

Free Member
Aug 22, 2008
South Wales,
Funster No
Exp
6 years + 5 years in boat before that
As I live in Wales there does not seem any point in voting!!!

Doug...

OP
OP
andysam
Feb 9, 2011
Sussex
Funster No
MH
Elddis Accordo 120
Exp
Since 2002
As I live in Wales there does not seem any point in voting!!!

Doug...

Had some great times there and very easy to find somewhere on a mountainside !! ::bigsmile:

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

JJ

Mágica
May 1, 2008
Quinta Majay, Pinheiro Bordalo, Portugal
Funster No
MH
Burstner Privilege T
Exp
over 50 years
I've just joined and wildcamp, so thought I'd browse through here...but I can't it's a mess!!!

Is there anyone with appropriate access, to group the stopovers by Counties. It's currently unworkable IMHO.

Hi and welcome to the Fun...

Looks like you have found a way to make an impact on the site straight away... great job for you to get your teeth into...:ROFLMAO:

JJ:winky:

Wildman

Free Member
May 30, 2008
Ilfracombe, Devon
Funster No
MH
Amazon Ambassador
Exp
since 1967
to be honest I find as soon as decent wild camping spots are posted they attract such numbers that the powers that be put a stop to it, better passing on spots by word of mouth or just find them by stumbling across them, which is what I think most people do.

Feb 22, 2008
Norfolk
Funster No
MH
Nearly Tugging
Exp
Since 2004
There's a nice site near the mountains in Norfolk :winky:

DESCO

Free Member
Mar 11, 2009
London
Funster No
MH
low profile
Exp
18 years +12 years tugging
to be honest I find as soon as decent wild camping spots are posted they attract such numbers that the powers that be put a stop to it, better passing on spots by word of mouth or just find them by stumbling across them, which is what I think most people do.

Must agree any I find I keep to myself or else find them full or restrictions in place at a later date.

Dave .:thumb::thumb:

OP
OP
andysam
Feb 9, 2011
Sussex
Funster No
MH
Elddis Accordo 120
Exp
Since 2002
Hi and welcome to the Fun...

Looks like you have found a way to make an impact on the site straight away... great job for you to get your teeth into...:ROFLMAO:

JJ:winky:

Shy boys get nowt! If I had the access I'd do it but I don't.

I'm not suggesting that people share the locations they don't want to, just to reorganize those already here.

I don't think that by sorting them into Counties that anything more is being given away than already has been by posting it here in the first place :Doh:

scotjimland

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 25, 2007
Suffolk Coastal District, UK
Funster No
MH
Timberland
Shy boys get nowt! If I had the access I'd do it but I don't.

I'm not suggesting that people share the locations they don't want to, just to reorganize those already here.

I don't think that by sorting them into Counties that anything more is being given away than already has been by posting it here in the first place :Doh:

Hi Andy ..

you could do them without forum access, simply put them on a Google map .. we have a Motrohome Maps forum,,

http://www.motorhomefun.co.uk/motorhome-maps/ . you can aslo download the kml data for Sat Nav POIs

what you say about the cats that are out of the bag is correct .. :roflmto:

OP
OP
andysam
Feb 9, 2011
Sussex
Funster No
MH
Elddis Accordo 120
Exp
Since 2002
Jim, my idea was to simply group the postings by County for ease of reading. Mapping them is a good idea, but never ending as people add more and more. By County, you can just browse the area and note down those that you are interested in. I can't see that it would take more than 30 mins.

scotjimland

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 25, 2007
Suffolk Coastal District, UK
Funster No
MH
Timberland
Jim, my idea was to simply group the postings by County for ease of reading. Mapping them is a good idea, but never ending as people add more and more. By County, you can just browse the area and note down those that you are interested in. I can't see that it would take more than 30 mins.

fair enuff ..

I thought you were looking for a long term job :roflmto:

lorger

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 11, 2008
Dumfries
Funster No
MH
Knaus Sun 650MEG
Exp
Hi I assume with it being in the England section your not wanting my vote.

Gerry

wivvy's dad

Free Member
Jun 22, 2010
Funster No
MH
Transit LWB Hi-Top PVC
Exp
On and Off since '98
I'm in the group of folk that shares my wild spots knowledge with no one. To my mind that is surely the whole point - that you find a safe secluded spot to yourself, harming or inconveniencing no one, taking only pictures and leaving nothing but footprints.

rainbow chasers

Free Member
Oct 30, 2009
Mid Cornwall
Funster No
MH
Various
Exp
I have to agree - wild spots are sacred.

The reason can be seen quite clearly with my last wild test trip (I do these to make sure the motorhomes are performing well)

I took a list of published spots - there were 38 on the list. Published only 4 months prior - so should be up to date.

EVERY ONE was shut down/blocked off/ or banned.

Paula

Free Member
Apr 15, 2008
Somerset England
Funster No
Exp
3 years
It is a tricky topic isn't it !
There are I guess some spots which will probably always remain open providing they are big enough and not abused.

We have a few round us and some are on the list and on the forums, many are not.

I have put at least one on a forum in the past and see that the local one is being used more frequently now. This maybe as a result of my post, maybe not. Mainly only by one motorhome at a time thank goodness. It is quiet and back from the road, big enough for loads of vehicles though and in a tourist area.

It is a Forrestry Commission car park and currently is wide open for use but could so easily be abused by being used by several motorhomers and/ or even travellers, which would mean it being closed or blocked off.

it is a difficult decision to make - should you publicise it or not. :Confused:

jhorsf

Free Member
May 15, 2009
DERBYSHIRE
Funster No
MH
ih oregon
Exp
How to win friends and influence people, Welcome to the FUN :Smile:
andysam
Read Only Funster

Funster No : 15257
MH Type: C Class
MH Model: Chausson Flash 03
Years Motorhoming: Since 2002
A sort through.

after the wildcamping is sorted perhaps we could find Andysam a job in the diplomacy dept of Fun:ROFLMAO:

GJH

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 20, 2007
Acklam, Teesside, originally Glossop
Funster No
MH
None, now sold
Exp
2006 to 2022
It is a tricky topic isn't it !
There are I guess some spots which will probably always remain open providing they are big enough and not abused.

We have a few round us and some are on the list and on the forums, many are not.

I have put at least one on a forum in the past and see that the local one is being used more frequently now. This maybe as a result of my post, maybe not. Mainly only by one motorhome at a time thank goodness. It is quiet and back from the road, big enough for loads of vehicles though and in a tourist area.

[HI]It is a Forrestry Commission car park[/HI] and currently is wide open for use but could so easily be abused by being used by several motorhomers and/ or even travellers, which would mean it being closed or blocked off.

it is a difficult decision to make - should you publicise it or not. :Confused:

This is one of the main reasons why (as earlier posters have said) authorities clamp down. Overnight camping in motorhomes is not allowed by the Forestry Commission except at licensed sites.

Jun 2, 2010
Flintshire
Funster No
MH
Low profile
Exp
since 2010
There's a cracking one at the end of my cousins lane.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back