Help! (1 Viewer)

tantanell

Free Member
Sep 25, 2008
trawling through europe
Funster No
Exp
camping forever.motorhoming 8years
Just a stupid thing... Drove off and didn't unlpug my elecric hook up. I'm left looking at a blue casing with a black centre and funny looking screw. The wires are still attached to the other blue casing and look ok. I guess I need to get the black inside thing out to re wire it. I really won't do it if i know it's beyond me. (Also I'm in France and ought to point out I'm female hence the non technical terms!!) I have tools but not this particular one, and am usually pretty handy at DIY.

hilldweller

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 5, 2008
Macclesfield
Funster No
MH
Zilch Mk1
Exp
From Aug 2007
Plan B.

French hypermarkets are usually pretty good, take damaged connector in and either find screwdriver or buy a new connector.

PS. Yes I can confirm that was pretty stupid.

david price

Free Member
Sep 28, 2008
Bridgenorth
Funster No
MH
coachbuilt
Exp
5 years
The plug should not be to hard to rewire.Blue=negative Brown=live Green/yellow=Earth.
Dave
P.s just a word of caution,if unsure with electrics get them checked.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

peter marshall

Free Member
Mar 5, 2009
Cleveleys,Lancashire
Funster No
MH
Low Line
Exp
9 Years
Just a stupid thing... Drove off and didn't unlpug my elecric hook up. I'm left looking at a blue casing with a black centre and funny looking screw. The wires are still attached to the other blue casing and look ok. I guess I need to get the black inside thing out to re wire it. I really won't do it if i know it's beyond me. (Also I'm in France and ought to point out I'm female hence the non technical terms!!) I have tools but not this particular one, and am usually pretty handy at DIY.

Hi
Has Brian said the French supermarkets or diy places (can't think what they call them at the minute) are well stocked, If your stuck on site just ask a friendly face thats what I do, I have helped others its all part of motorhoming. Pete :thumb::thumb:

Ps you wont do that again

Deleted User

hi tantanell
Iv'e done it too, don't beat yourself up about it. Might be as well to check you have'nt blown the fuse on the battery charger as well. French mechanics are very vunerable to eyelashes going up and down very quickly.

Best of luck
spongy

imprint

Free Member
Jul 14, 2009
Funster No
Originally Posted by sedge Link Removed
Bricolage !!!

Ohhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh, I love it when you talk dirty.

What about frottage?

OP
OP
T

tantanell

Free Member
Sep 25, 2008
trawling through europe
Funster No
Exp
camping forever.motorhoming 8years
Awww thanks everyone. Good news is my genius daughter has good eyesight , patience and has fixed it! No need to take out the 'black thingy' after all! Lessons to be learnt... Whoevers job it is to sort the outside out.. Do it properly.. She's learnt her lesson haha!! Yes it blew the fuses on the property we were attached to but all is ok. My current motto is, This is an adventure, not a holiday. I also thought it, would it be a good idea to compile somehow on here an information page on caravan/diy shops in Europe. It could take an hour to drive around searching for mr bricolage, welldams etc. I've found a few already. (welldhams in st maxime, mr bricolage josselin, Brittany. Lovely vet in montriond, alps) or is it just unorganised people like me that don't know where they are??!!:Smile:

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back