LIFE MEMBER
Dec 5, 2007
planet earth
Funster No
MH
Carthago C Tourer
Exp
I'm an oldbie MH number 9
Ok, we now have four vans booked and paid, for, the haganaps expedition of a lifetime to the French Alps.

Included is a meeting at Dover-Calais-Bellicourt-Annecy and finally the wonderful resort of Val Thorens at 2300 meters.

Guided or you can make your own way. I have arranged several pre booked aire de camping car spaces (with tables :winky::ROFLMAO:)

All the advice needed for the trip is included including snow chain installation and severe cold winterisation.

You do not have to ski, you may just join for the wonderful scenery,

Departure date is set at 15th Feb with a 16th departure date from Calais.

Return date is whenever I need to make the next payment on the bricks and mortar Im attached too.

The cost to Funsters for this trip is of course NOTHING other than your own costs, just the way it should be, look at it as helping each other enjoy the best of your motorhome.

Sorry for the short notice, when Skiing the weather takes precedent and sadly, the snow is not great in the alps but Guaranteed at the height we are going

Pm, me for further details.

YOU KNOW YOU WANT TO,

BE A DEVIL.:Eeek::sin::sin:

lorger

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 11, 2008
Dumfries
Funster No
MH
Knaus Sun 650MEG
Exp
Hi Paul
As Jim says sounds great and Sophie and me are thinking of going skiing for the first time in Feb and would loved to have come with you but cant get enough time off to make it so will have to be up north if we do go for it. Would be interested in next year though if dates suit.

Cheers Gerry

Have a great time and dont hurry back as house will still be here :ROFLMAO:

OP
OP
haganap

haganap

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 5, 2007
planet earth
Funster No
MH
Carthago C Tourer
Exp
Hi Paul
As Jim says sounds great and Sophie and me are thinking of going skiing for the first time in Feb and would loved to have come with you but cant get enough time off to make it so will have to be up north if we do go for it. Would be interested in next year though if dates suit.

Cheers Gerry

Have a great time and dont hurry back as house will still be here :ROFLMAO:

Hi Gerry.

next year, I will be organising it for the Easter fortnight. I have too take my kids out of school for 3 additional days each time we go in Feb (we utilise half term). However next year, George starts his GCSE's so they won't allow it. We do it each year by suggesting to the school it's an educational visit and extended French lesson. So at easter we could get 2 weeks for sure.:thumb:

but, there's nothing like snowy, cold, February Sunshine in the alps:thumb:

lorger

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 11, 2008
Dumfries
Funster No
MH
Knaus Sun 650MEG
Exp
Hi Paul
Like George, Sophie starts hers next year also and as Lorraine works at a school we can only do school hols so if your Easter is the same as ours :ROFLMAO: we would be up for that.

Just as an example our Easter break is 2nd of April this year.

Gerry

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

JJ

Mágica
May 1, 2008
Quinta Majay, Pinheiro Bordalo, Portugal
Funster No
MH
Burstner Privilege T
Exp
over 50 years
Yeah right Paul!

I'll join you skiing after I have finished nailing my head to the floor and pulling it back off again a couple of times... I enjoy that too...:ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO:

JJ

Snowbird

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 24, 2009
Liverpool.
Funster No
MH
Fifth wheel.
Exp
Since 11-05-2000
Nice one Paul...thats what its all about pal:thumb:
Would love to come,just cant see me on skis not even for you.

lallymc

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 18, 2010
Co Durham
Funster No
Exp
1 year
Keep us posted for next easter Paul.

Sounds great :Smile:

Leanne

Dalek

Free Member
Apr 26, 2010
Norwich
Funster No
MH
Roller Team 600
Exp
18 months
Not this year but Easter 2012 sounds good coz Emily has a month off school and Graham thinks we ought to try skiing sometime and it'll give me a year to build up the courage ::bigsmile: Have a good time to all who are going this year :thumb:

Dale, Graham & Emz

laneside

Funster
Deceased RIP
Aug 14, 2009
Oradour sur Vayres
Funster No
MH
Rapido V66
Exp
nowhere near long enough
Yeah right Paul!

I'll join you skiing after I have finished nailing my head to the floor and pulling it back off again a couple of times... I enjoy that too...:ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO:

JJ

I take it, JJ that you think that going finding snow is as daft an idea as us Pennine dwellers think it is. It always seems to find us and we hate it,

jhorsf

Free Member
May 15, 2009
DERBYSHIRE
Funster No
MH
ih oregon
Exp
A great time and a safe trip to you all:thumb:

Terry and Nicola

Free Member
Sep 8, 2008
Thornton
Funster No
MH
Exp
i see its 600 mile trip from Calais to Val Thorens will you be taking toll or non toll £100 each way on the toll and iam just looking no more :roflmto:

OP
OP
haganap

haganap

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 5, 2007
planet earth
Funster No
MH
Carthago C Tourer
Exp
i see its 600 mile trip from Calais to Val Thorens will you be taking toll or non toll £100 each way on the toll and iam just looking no more :roflmto:

No toll roads Terry, not with Nikki in charge mate. She is a navigator extrodin-aire:winky: Only beautiful French scenary, the odd motorway and lots of fun.

(ps Ill even let you BBQ) :RollEyes:

Terry and Nicola

Free Member
Sep 8, 2008
Thornton
Funster No
MH
Exp
only sent my passport of today , so round about £320 on fuel in france and for me £160 in the uk . how much for the camp site per night

OP
OP
haganap

haganap

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 5, 2007
planet earth
Funster No
MH
Carthago C Tourer
Exp
Yes Terry lots of fun , Nikki sure knows her roads , she has taken us to some beautiful places with beautiful scenary for the last 2 yrs ::bigsmile:::bigsmile:

I know what Terry is doing right now, he is looking at Val Thorens, then Looking at his Nicola, and then Looking at his lad and saying,,, What do you think? come on, you know we want to. :winky:

OP
OP
haganap

haganap

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 5, 2007
planet earth
Funster No
MH
Carthago C Tourer
Exp
only sent my passport of today , so round about £320 on fuel in france and for me £160 in the uk . how much for the camp site per night

We are on an Aire Terry £90 for 7 nights. No electric but pre booked space available.

Feb 18, 2009
Guisborough North Yorkshi
Funster No
MH
Malibu T410
Exp
Since August 2008
Hope you all have a great time, we got home yesterday from our 3 week trip to the Alps.
Not a snow flake to be seen but the resorts were all working hard to keep the ski runs open.
Enjoy the powder
It must be coming
Steve and Sue
::bigsmile:

OP
OP
haganap

haganap

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 5, 2007
planet earth
Funster No
MH
Carthago C Tourer
Exp
Hope you all have a great time, we got home yesterday from our 3 week trip to the Alps.
Not a snow flake to be seen but the resorts were all working hard to keep the ski runs open.
Enjoy the powder
It must be coming
Steve and Sue
::bigsmile:

Oddly enough Vera, the forecast is for a big dump 2 days before we arrive lovely Jubbly ::bigsmile:

pegasus

Free Member
Dec 16, 2009
Bristol
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
since Nov 2009
Have a great time Paul, Steve and families. I wish I have heard something before end of Jan. (Now already booked fro HT). Nevermind plenty of notice for easter 2012. Count me in.:thumb:

Kind regards

OP
OP
haganap

haganap

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 5, 2007
planet earth
Funster No
MH
Carthago C Tourer
Exp
hi all ,do you get the ski pass for Val Thorens or the full area

Hi Terry
Some will not get any passes and run up and down the Green Slopes. We will get a 6 day pass for Val Thorens, But for at least one day George and I (maybe Harley) will upgrade and ski right across the 3 valleys for a day or maybe 2. :Cool: depends whether Harley is going to be a speed freak on skis or continue with his snow board stunt riding.

Christoph,
Ahhhh what a shame!!! can't you cancel and join us? If not, then see you soon. We will have to come to Bath again in a few months and hook up. :thumb:

staging lady

Free Member
Nov 12, 2007
North Wales in the Hills
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
6 years but caravan owner in past
Would love to come if not for the snow,cold ,falling over,bruises :ROFLMAO:and old age- Tried it once in my 20's lasted one morning then retired for the apres ski.:wine::wine:

I was on the nursery slopes 1000 feet up and instructor didn't tell us how to stop- just had to fall over before the edge:Eeek:
Hope you all have a great time in the snow::bigsmile:
Lucille

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back