OK so what do you think of the Samsung Galaxy S (1 Viewer)

Road Runner

Free Member
Jul 26, 2007
Europe
Funster No
MH
yes
Exp
Since before Motorhomefun
Time I got into the 21st century so got one of these.

Sat Nav
Google

For me its important for calender, banking online, camera, Fun of course and as a tethered dongle when away.

What your thoughts on this phone?

yes I know one weak point is the camera does not have a flash

hilldweller

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 5, 2008
Macclesfield
Funster No
MH
Zilch Mk1
Exp
From Aug 2007
Time I got into the 21st century so got one of these.

An iPhone for those who don't want to be tied down to Apple's jack boot methods.

Of course if you buy one I'll hate you and run over Bruno at the next meet.

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-kCdF6wrNYk[/ame]

OP
OP
Road Runner

Road Runner

Free Member
Jul 26, 2007
Europe
Funster No
MH
yes
Exp
I have an I Pod touch which I mentioned yesterday and now will not play through my Volvo sound system (it used to) but I upgraded it and now wont. Got onto apple and they want to charge me to speak with them over this. I think that stinks as its not only me with this problem.

The I Pod touch is wifi and i realised just how useful having an internet connection on a phone is as my memory is useless now sadly so I have a calender and diary with me always.

It arrives Tuesday Brian with all you can eat data.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Oct 1, 2007
Kirby cross further from londin
Funster No
MH
Between Motor homes
Exp
since 08
It's a treat to myself.

You can help me work it:winky:

just me thinking sideways as usual :Doh:
if you dont get on with that particular phone

you could buy an unlocked smart phone of another make
put the sim in that
i believe car phone whorehouse sells them as unlocked :thumb:

sell the other on ebray:thumb:

400ixl

Free Member
Sep 14, 2008
Norfolk
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt High
Exp
3 years
Galaxy S is a good phone, only thing I have heard owners complain about is the buttons wear very easily making it look a bit tired before it should.

Personally if you don't want to wait for the new dual core generation to appear then I would look at the HTC Desire / Desire HD depending on the size.

Redjumpa

Free Member
Oct 29, 2008
North Lincolnshire
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
5 years
I have an I Pod touch which I mentioned yesterday and now will not play through my Volvo sound system (it used to) but I upgraded it and now wont. Got onto apple and they want to charge me to speak with them over this. I think that stinks as its not only me with this problem.

The I Pod touch is wifi and i realised just how useful having an internet connection on a phone is as my memory is useless now sadly so I have a calender and diary with me always.

It arrives Tuesday Brian with all you can eat data.

If you mean unlimited data then beware, what it says on the can is not what you get. The "free" data use is limited/capped.

dazzer

Free Member
Jul 30, 2007
In my house
Funster No
MH
Virtual RV!!
Exp
10 Years
HTC Desire HD wins out on the Samsung Galaxy S on every level. Bigger screen, faster processor, better camera with a flash etc etc etc

I love mine and I have the Galaxy S big brother (the Galaxy Tab) Tablet as a direct comparison.

They both cost about the same (or the same contract). Only downside is the battery life which is about a day with general use considerably less if you use sat nav (buy a car charger....you will need one!!!!).

The Desire has been voted the best smartphone (even beating the iphone!!) on numerous reviews. :thumb:

OP
OP
Road Runner

Road Runner

Free Member
Jul 26, 2007
Europe
Funster No
MH
yes
Exp
Most important thing and I cant do it is get my yahoo calender on it without going the long way around signing into yahoo manually and checking it there.

I live by this calender. Suppose I should change everything manually over to Google calender.

Welsh girl

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 7, 2009
Funster No
MH
Globecar
Exp
Since 2004
I have the desire and yes it has a calender you can use online or off it has a 5mp camera with a flash, that was my major thing on a phone as I take a lot of pictures and the picture quality is good, although some onscreen things need my glasses to read them, I can make the screen bigger with the zoom on websites and the pictures but not on facebook or twitter when accessing them.
Battery as suggested is poor especially when using the internet but I take an emergency charger with me which I bought on ebay for around a fiver, uses AA battery and gives it 2 or three good charges on one AA battery, I usually get home in the evening though to charge it up for the next day so dont use the charger outside very much

GJH

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 20, 2007
Acklam, Teesside, originally Glossop
Funster No
MH
None, now sold
Exp
2006 to 2022
Most important thing and I cant do it is get my yahoo calender on it without going the long way around signing into yahoo manually and checking it there.

I live by this calender. Suppose I should change everything manually over to Google calender.

One reason I bought my Nokia E63 is that the calendar and other office functions are good enough to mean I could dump my Palm PDA and previous phone and just carry one device with me.

Why not use just the calendar on the Galaxy and dump Yahoo?

OP
OP
Road Runner

Road Runner

Free Member
Jul 26, 2007
Europe
Funster No
MH
yes
Exp
I am slowly getting there and the more I do the more I like it. Trouble is I have an I Pod touch that wifi and it has certain features I love but hate apple, to even ask a question online I have to pay a fee.

This phone is going to be a compromise as nothing perfect but I am pretty dambed pleased although been on it now for last 24 hour:Doh:

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back