Free Member
Jul 26, 2007
Europe
Funster No
MH
yes
Exp
Since before Motorhomefun
Your minted though Ken, never seen anyone before paying his bar bill with Krugerrands:winky: :ROFLMAO:

Jim

Ringleader
Jul 19, 2007
Sutton on Sea, UK
Funster No
MH
Adria Panel Van.
Exp
Since 1988

But Brian, you are an expert at gold aquisition. werent you Mr Bridger in a Funsters "The Italian Job" :Smile:

article-1090136-02A18192000005DC-531_468x383.jpg

Road Runner

Free Member
Jul 26, 2007
Europe
Funster No
MH
yes
Exp
Since before Motorhomefun
and i thought he was gold member in Austin Power

30300-goldmember_austin_powers_goldmember.jpg

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

hilldweller

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 5, 2008
Macclesfield
Funster No
MH
Zilch Mk1
Exp
From Aug 2007
But Brian, you are an expert at gold aquisition. werent you Mr Bridger in a Funsters "The Italian Job" :Smile:

Wish I was money wise.

That ending winds me up every time. All they had to do was one gets out and starts loading rocks.

And of course the mini loading. Stop the coach, load in 30 seconds, go.

It was crap wasn't it, but I can never resist watching it.

slobadoberbob

Free Member
Jun 1, 2009
Kent, garden of England
Funster No
MH
Winnebago 23' something
Exp
25 years & counting
A classic Brian

Wish I was money wise.

That ending winds me up every time. All they had to do was one gets out and starts loading rocks.

And of course the mini loading. Stop the coach, load in 30 seconds, go.

It was crap wasn't it, but I can never resist watching it.

While the sequel is very good, the original could have gone to a second film.. Like you the ending was a shame... But many words have been transposed in to every day use...

You were supposed to blow the bloody doors off....

Yes great.

I do not think the B of E will increase interest rates at this time.. I buy euros anywhere around 1.18 .. Take the rise and fall works out ok over a year, I buy some most months.

Bob:thumb:

chatter

Free Member
Aug 3, 2009
cheshire
Funster No
MH
5th wheel
Exp
10+
Ask Frankie to keep an eye on the rate for over there, we usually change sterling at a local postoffice as we need it when in france and seem to get a good exchange rate.

haganap

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 5, 2007
planet earth
Funster No
MH
Carthago C Tourer
Exp
I'm an oldbie MH number 9
Ken, I should of utilised my financial brain, Look what I said this time last year. (hunt the post)

we are going next week for 2 weeks on the piste, current rate £1.18 so what's coming up, sadly for many, but not for some, a rise in interest rates is not likely as things are too fragile, (not my view but that of the BOE)

however what the others are liking is the UK austerity measures against the Euro, so I think a peek around £1.22 - £1-25, at least until the release of the next unemployment figures or the retail figures.

BTW ( I really do mean what the others are liking and not me, my unemployed wife or anyone else in my house :RollEyes:)

haganap

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 5, 2007
planet earth
Funster No
MH
Carthago C Tourer
Exp
I'm an oldbie MH number 9
Ken we use nationwide and santander cards abroad, they still (at the moment) offer you the rate of the day of transaction. and no charges on the Santander one for sure although its a special account. Not sure of the logistics, Nikki is the accountant not me.

OP
OP
Munchie

Munchie

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 28, 2007
Camping Les Vigeres
Funster No
MH
Font Vendôme
Exp
Since 2004
Ken we use nationwide and santander cards abroad, they still (at the moment) offer you the rate of the day of transaction. and no charges on the Santander one for sure although its a special account. Not sure of the logistics, Nikki is the accountant not me.

Yep we have that Santander account Paul and have it in mind. :thumb:

Snowbird

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 24, 2009
Liverpool.
Funster No
MH
Fifth wheel.
Exp
Since 11-05-2000
Was in Santander last week asking about the free withdrawal account.
They told me I would have to keep £10000 in permanently or have a mortgage with them to get it:Doh:
What was interesting was if I took one of there credit cards I could draw the cash out abroad for free.I suppose that would work if I set it up to pay the full balance at month end.

Xabia

Free Member
Jan 20, 2011
Rural Nottinghamshire and Spain
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
Since 1996
I find the most economical and convenient way to get money whilst abroad is to have a Caxton card. You load the card with Sterling from your usual bank account and the rate is guaranteed on the day when you buy it. It doesn't matter when you go to the ATM abroad, the money is waiting for you then.

Buy when the Euro is 'high' ( relative term at the moment) and cash in as and when you need the money. No fees. You can recharge the card when you are abroad by text or on the net if you have the facility.

Rates always very competitive.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back