visiting ireland. (1 Viewer)

Feb 3, 2008
ireland
Funster No
MH
class a r.v.
Exp
10yrs
hi guys, as most of you that know me,i fulltime,and never really am i home,unless good reason to be there. so if any body is interested i have a nice place, plenty of room,can accomodate 35 vans..with water no neighbours to worry about. ,waste dump etc in the village car park.very close to rosslare harbour...there is a load of things going on if you arrive in the seasonable months. stay as long as you want there is an outside heated swimming pool which you are welcome to use, thats as long as i have cleaned it..if not just chill out on the patio get some rays...you could even hold a funsters rally there. for which there will be no charge what so ever.its all free. providing you let me know when you are going there.so there yer go what more can i say,,:Smile::Smile::Smile:

Simba

Free Member
May 17, 2010
Basildon, Essex. UK
Funster No
MH
Gone back to tugging
Exp
Since 2009-2013
Thank you Smudger. What a fantastic offer will probably take you up on this when we visit Ireland and need to park somewhere.

Last edited:

Hayleylulu

Banned
Feb 17, 2008
Full timing in the van
Funster No
MH
Fiat decato
Exp
8years
hi guys, as most of you that know me,i fulltime,and never really am i home,unless good reason to be there. so if any body is interested i have a nice place, plenty of room,can accomodate 35 vans..with water no neighbours to worry about. ,waste dump etc in the village car park.very close to rosslare harbour...there is a load of things going on if you arrive in the seasonable months. stay as long as you want there is an outside heated swimming pool which you are welcome to use, thats as long as i have cleaned it..if not just chill out on the patio get some rays...you could even hold a funsters rally there. for which there will be no charge what so ever.its all free. providing you let me know when you are going there.so there yer go what more can i say,,:Smile::Smile::Smile:

DOSE THAT MEAN YOU WILL BE PROVIDING ALL THE FULE AS WELL:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Nov 6, 2008
Ramsey, Isle of Man.
Funster No
MH
Coachmen Concord 300TS
Exp
8 years with an RV
What a kind and most generous offer Smudger. l may even take you up on that one day.

Craig

scran

Free Member
Jan 22, 2008
washington
Funster No
MH
a class
Exp
Very kind

THATS A WONDERFUL IDEA WE SHOULD HAVE A FUNSTER MEET THERE IT WOULD BE GREAT ESPECIALLY IF IT WAS IN THE SUMMER TIME SO WE COULD USE THE POOL THANKS FOR THE OFFER :Smile:

WynandJean

LIFE MEMBER
Mar 23, 2010
West Midlands
Funster No
MH
Bailey Autograph 682
Exp
Since 2010
We'd love to visit Ireland. I wish we could find a reasonably priced ferry crossing, though.
Wyn

Hayleylulu

Banned
Feb 17, 2008
Full timing in the van
Funster No
MH
Fiat decato
Exp
8years
Also it would be nice if he could dip his toes into the pool to check the temp just to make sure its not too cold for us.

I dont think hes adapted is electric wheelchair and its not suitable for under water trips

put when i last spoke to him he was working on fitting air bags to the side so he may be able to float a long:RollEyes::RollEyes::RollEyes:

May 21, 2008
Oxford
Funster No
MH
WildAx Constellation
Exp
Since 2008
Very good

Thanks Smudger, we are coming over in June and may well take you up on this kind offer.
Best regards
Catherine

OP
OP
smudger
Feb 3, 2008
ireland
Funster No
MH
class a r.v.
Exp
10yrs
DOSE THAT MEAN YOU WILL BE PROVIDING ALL THE FULE AS WELL

yess providing you have three heads and dont live in bolton.:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

lesleyjean

Free Member
Jun 21, 2008
Funster No
MH
A class
OMG, how generous. I have always wanted to see Ireland. :thumb:

Can someone arrange a meet and put me on the list. Pleeeeeeaaase::bigsmile:

Thank you very much Smidger xx

Lesley

Hayleylulu

Banned
Feb 17, 2008
Full timing in the van
Funster No
MH
Fiat decato
Exp
8years
OMG, how generous. I have always wanted to see Ireland. :thumb:

Can someone arrange a meet and put me on the list. Pleeeeeeaaase::bigsmile:

Thank you very much Smidger xx

Lesley

SPELLINGS AS GOOD AS MINE PUT I THINK YOU WILL FINE THIS IS HOW YOU SPEEL SMUGER:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

haganap

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 5, 2007
planet earth
Funster No
MH
Niesman+Bischoff 79e
Exp
I'm an oldbie MH number 10
What a really generous offer. :thumb:

Roughly how much and how long does a crossing take?

Have always wanted to visit Ireland in the Van.

wasp

Free Member
Dec 21, 2008
Warsop
Funster No
MH
None gone caravannin
Exp
We would go, is the ferry cheap like Dover to Calais????

haganap

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 5, 2007
planet earth
Funster No
MH
Niesman+Bischoff 79e
Exp
I'm an oldbie MH number 10
just priced it up at £460 return Wasp. sure it could be done cheaper

OP
OP
smudger
Feb 3, 2008
ireland
Funster No
MH
class a r.v.
Exp
10yrs
ireland

hi hagnap.......go irish ferries they are the cheapest......but i reckon depending on the time you go....you should be paying around £250.00.or less....the trick is dont do it by internet,book over the phone, go pembroke ..rosslare, and if you can book well in advance,then its cheaper...

regards smudger:Smile::Smile::Smile:..........

ruffingitsmoothly

Deceased RIP
Jan 2, 2008
West of Southampton edge
Funster No
MH
A Class RV
Exp
Hi I am booked to go to Ireland 2nd March returning on the 30th Pembroke/Rosslare.

I booked over the phone with Irish Ferries and for the RV and a towcar and two people travelling after some negotiating got the fare down to £350 but then had to pay £8 creditcard charge:RollEyes::RollEyes:

Last year I had to pay £320 for the RV without a trailer/towcar!

Still a very dear price in my opinion for 2 4 hour daytime crossings!

Regards Pat

bobandjanie

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 28, 2008
Javea, Spain
Funster No
MH
Pilote V600g
Exp
just priced it up at £460 return Wasp. sure it could be done cheaper

Hi Paul, we keep thinking about going to Ireland, we was looking at using Tesco Clubcard Points they take them on Irish Ferries makes it a bit cheaper if you have any.::bigsmile: Bob.

ruffingitsmoothly

Deceased RIP
Jan 2, 2008
West of Southampton edge
Funster No
MH
A Class RV
Exp
A small price to pay for a drop of the proper black stuff:thumb:

Very true Jim

We usualy stay at the Trading Post Campsite a few miles north of Wexford on the R741, on the first night after crossing to Rosslare, there is a thatched pub opposite that serves what I think is one of the best pints of the 'black stuff' in Ireland

Regards Pat

Cupcake

Free Member
Apr 13, 2010
Norfolk Broads
Funster No
Exp
since July 2009
Hi Paul, we keep thinking about going to Ireland, we was looking at using Tesco Clubcard Points they take them on Irish Ferries makes it a bit cheaper if you have any.::bigsmile: Bob.

We have used Tesco clubcard points for our Irish Ferry crossing in June, cost would have been £320 but we had enough points to cover the whole amount as managed to change them before the system changed. We got 4 x points amount as rewards:RollEyes: (so used £80 of points) but now I think you only get 3 times the amount. :Sad:

Deborah

SilverF1

Free Member
Nov 14, 2010
Worcestershire
Funster No
MH
Low Profile
Exp
7 years and upwards
Smudger, I haven't met you. Yet. We visited Ireland a couple of years ago and your offer is totally in keeping with the hospitality we received then. many thanks for your kind offer.

:thumb:

spannermanwigan

Free Member
May 22, 2008
wigan, lancs
Funster No
MH
coachbuilt
Exp
since 1973

hope to take you up on this kind offer someday in the future,thank you very much,enjoy your travels.:thumb::thumb:::bigsmile:::bigsmile:

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back