Telco Teleplus x2 TV Aerial Digital (1 Viewer)

alcorn54

Free Member
Nov 21, 2010
Co Durham
Funster No
MH
low profile
Exp
Just had fitted last week the Telco Teleplus x2 TV Aerial Digital ,half the price of a Status and boy do they work. fitted the telly turned it on a 36 channels instantly. I have used the Status 540/530 on my boat and my last motor-home and it isn't a patch on this one. :thumb::thumb:Alan

RRP £189.00 On offer here delivered £96.00 [FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]01274 370727
[/FONT]Link Removed

mikebeaches

LIFE MEMBER
Feb 22, 2010
Bristol
Funster No
MH
Rapido V68 Van Conversion
Exp
Since 2009
Just had fitted last week the Telco Teleplus x2 TV Aerial Digital ,half the price of a Status and boy do they work. fitted the telly turned it on a 36 channels instantly. I have used the Status 540/530 on my boat and my last motor-home and it isn't a patch on this one. :thumb::thumb:Alan

RRP £189.00 On offer here delivered £96.00 [FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]01274 370727
[/FONT]Link Removed

Sounds good. We used to rent out a motorhome for a friend and it was fitted with an earlier version of the Teleplus aerial. Worked extremely well, but you needed to be careful not to overtighten the plastic locking nut when adjusting the aerial direction. The renters used to break them regularly, even though we warned them of the weakness in advance.

I don't know if the design has been improved on the latest model, but if not take care. Easy to get replacements from the company, however - just a bit of a fag undoing the aerial cable to fit. Might be worth carrying a spare.

pappajohn

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 26, 2007
Dark side of the moon
Funster No
Exp
Since 2005

[/FONT]Link Removed
says in your ebay link...RRP £139.99

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

hilldweller

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 5, 2008
Macclesfield
Funster No
MH
Zilch Mk1
Exp
From Aug 2007
Must be more careful forgot how posts are scrutinized sorry typo should be £139.00 :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

Does not matter, they've sold out.

So I paid a bit more for one from another on there. A good investment at £99.

Thanks for the tip.

Loujess

Free Member
Jan 10, 2010
Leeds UK
Funster No
MH
none
Exp
So what kind of range would you receive and who fitted it? :Smile::Smile:

Ivy

OP
OP
alcorn54

alcorn54

Free Member
Nov 21, 2010
Co Durham
Funster No
MH
low profile
Exp
So what kind of range would you receive and who fitted it? :Smile::Smile:

Ivy
Not sure of range but they really do boost the signal some or most of my channel's are recieving digital at 100% acording to my TV ,this never happened with Status.

I got it fitted with an electrician as I,m lazy but any competent person could easily fit it for you.

Alan

OP
OP
alcorn54

alcorn54

Free Member
Nov 21, 2010
Co Durham
Funster No
MH
low profile
Exp
Does not matter, they've sold out.

So I paid a bit more for one from another on there. A good investment at £99.

Thanks for the tip.
£3.00 more than mine what the hell great bargain , Just been talking to him,he now has one in stock,and if you call him direct on the above number he will get them for you within 4 working days ,they come with a full 3 years warranty and he will honor the quoted price for members even though there has been a vat rise you can also collect direct from them saving postage Just mention this site. OH by the way the new upgraded ones don't come with the metal extensions as shown on box . Alan

Last edited:

Loujess

Free Member
Jan 10, 2010
Leeds UK
Funster No
MH
none
Exp
Well, we've just been over to Bradford but when told the Telco needed tuning in each time and all that faff, we went for a Winner, I think it was called, instead. I must say, when I tried it out over there, without checking them all, we had 72 channels. The ones I looked at had super pictures. Only one small comment, I now have 2 aerials on top of the MH. Shouldn't they have just replaced the old one and scrapped it, or given it to us? :whatthe:

Ivy

OP
OP
alcorn54

alcorn54

Free Member
Nov 21, 2010
Co Durham
Funster No
MH
low profile
Exp
And it's arrived.

Looks fine to me. I'll wait a bit before fitting it.
Im Pleased it came so quickly for you. I think you will be very pleased with the reception and the quality of the channells it picks up..:thumb::thumb:

OP
OP
alcorn54

alcorn54

Free Member
Nov 21, 2010
Co Durham
Funster No
MH
low profile
Exp
Well, we've just been over to Bradford but when told the Telco needed tuning in each time and all that faff, we went for a Winner, I think it was called, instead. I must say, when I tried it out over there, without checking them all, we had 72 channels. The ones I looked at had super pictures. Only one small comment, I now have 2 aerials on top of the MH. Shouldn't they have just replaced the old one and scrapped it, or given it to us? :whatthe:

Ivy
Just auto re tune tv when you arrive at location. Most tv Ariels need this doing . The only ones that dont are the dishes I believe but you still have to line them up correctly anyway I hope you enjoy your new purchase:thumb:. I just looked at the direction of the local house Ariel and pointed it in same direction and it picked up all the local channel's instantly. Alan

pappajohn

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 26, 2007
Dark side of the moon
Funster No
Exp
Since 2005

Ivy
you still have to retune each and every time you move to another transmitter area, no matter what aerial you have.....except a sat dish..

every mast transmits on a different frequency so tuning to your 'local' mast means it wont work when you go to another area on a different mast.

Loujess

Free Member
Jan 10, 2010
Leeds UK
Funster No
MH
none
Exp
yes, but what about the 2 aerials on top of the MH now? At least you'll see us coming. Bit like 2 heads. :whatthe::whatthe::whatthe:

Ivy

Ambilkate

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 15, 2009
Shropshire
Funster No
MH
HYMER 654
Exp
since 2006

[/FONT]Link Removed

Thanks Alan, just ordered one over the phone. The price was as you said. Should get it for Wednesday coming via parcelforce. Not used to buying of ebay or over internet. :thumb:

OP
OP
alcorn54

alcorn54

Free Member
Nov 21, 2010
Co Durham
Funster No
MH
low profile
Exp
Thanks Alan, just ordered one over the phone. The price was as you said. Should get it for Wednesday coming via parcelforce. Not used to buying of ebay or over internet. :thumb:
I buy everything from the web and e bay ,my best tips are research items & never buy instantly,be prepared to travel and always ask for discounts, some great bargains about. this last 3 years bought 2 new Motorbikes and imported from America (VTX 1800's) ,at least 5 cars,from all over UK including my present car, 2 motor-homes, a 30ft cabin cruiser (From Windsor) computers , tv's, bedding :thumb::thumb:,etc etc its now such a small world and saved a fortune at the same time,I love it ::bigsmile:

Peter JohnsCross MH

Funster
Deceased RIP
Jan 5, 2008
East Sussex
Funster No
MH
Autotrail
Exp

Well I thought they are selling well, we need to get some in stock............

Price to me £90 ! so buy whilst they are still available

Peter

Terry

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 27, 2007
Lincolnshire
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
Can't remember ;)
Well I thought they are selling well, we need to get some in stock............

Price to me £90 ! so buy whilst they are still available

Peter
Hi Peter I can not see you buying Ariel's @ 90 quid to sell them @ 95 - to match ebay sellers :ROFLMAO: A fiver is not a lot of proffit :Doh::cry::winky:
terry

Loujess

Free Member
Jan 10, 2010
Leeds UK
Funster No
MH
none
Exp
I didn't mean tuning, I meant we had to search for the satellite whereas this new one does it on its own. I look forward to trying it out, but I still think we look a bit silly with 2 aerials on the top. :Doh::Doh:

Ivy

novawight

Free Member
May 14, 2010
Hayling Island
Funster No
MH
hi top,
Exp
on and off 50 years

[/FONT]Link Removed

But will it fit in where my analogue Status is fitted ?

OP
OP
alcorn54

alcorn54

Free Member
Nov 21, 2010
Co Durham
Funster No
MH
low profile
Exp
Take a look

Hi not an expert on fitting but heres a blog with full instructions & pictures of one being fitted:thumb:Hope it helps you out Alan.

I think I should apply for some commission::bigsmile::thumb:

Link Removed

hilldweller

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 5, 2008
Macclesfield
Funster No
MH
Zilch Mk1
Exp
From Aug 2007

I've just looked at mine and the answer is not quite. The status aerial hole is drilled half an inch from the wardrobe wall so I'll have to move it a few inches to let me get my hand round the shaft.

In fact I may move it a bit more, don't want to lose any wardrobe space, it's far too precious.

Measure twice, drill once.

A nice touch for TV addicts, the amp has two outputs.

Loujess

Free Member
Jan 10, 2010
Leeds UK
Funster No
MH
none
Exp
This is the one we had fitted. I got the name wrong. It was advised by the supplier but then it always would be. Do you think it sounds any good? We got a lot more channels when we were there but can't test it at home, since we are parked between houses.

Link Removed

Ivy

OP
OP
alcorn54

alcorn54

Free Member
Nov 21, 2010
Co Durham
Funster No
MH
low profile
Exp
This is the one we had fitted. I got the name wrong. It was advised by the supplier but then it always would be. Do you think it sounds any good? We got a lot more channels when we were there but can't test it at home, since we are parked between houses.

Link Removed

Ivy
Looks like its just a standard omni directional Ariel the same as these with a booster ,its not a satellite dish,even though it looks like one so, I think he's told you a porky when he's says you wont have to re-tune your TV when you move from site to site :Doh::Doh:Also it (looks) like it cant be adjusted from inside the motor home and it doesn't mention if it digital ready ?

Last edited:

Loujess

Free Member
Jan 10, 2010
Leeds UK
Funster No
MH
none
Exp
No he never told me I wouldn't have to tune it, I just wouldn't have to find the satellite 'cos it finds it automatically. I did tune it in while we were at their works and got loads more channels than we usually do. It might have been that we were in a good reception area but I'll just have to wait and see. They were really nice blokes there but then, they would be wouldn't they.::bigsmile:::bigsmile:

Ivy

kontiki48

Free Member
Mar 2, 2010
milton keynes, bucks.
Funster No
MH
coachbuilt
Exp
tent's, caravaning ,then 11 years motorhoming
I've only just replaced my old fixed status for the new digital model last year, Digital was poor in certain location's sometime's non at all with the new unit, so i have just brought a free standing MicroM30/12 satillite system with the traffic light system on the lnb, Take's second's to tune in to the satillite.:thumb: Lot's more channel's,

hilldweller

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 5, 2008
Macclesfield
Funster No
MH
Zilch Mk1
Exp
From Aug 2007
Ivy

That is the same amplifier as the one I've just bought.

Technically an omni-directional will always be inferior to a directional one. It's just like using your eyes or using a telescope. But if it works then it's good enough.

Terry

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 27, 2007
Lincolnshire
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
Can't remember ;)
No he never told me I wouldn't have to tune it, I just wouldn't have to find the satellite 'cos it finds it automatically. I did tune it in while we were at their works and got loads more channels than we usually do. It might have been that we were in a good reception area but I'll just have to wait and see. They were really nice blokes there but then, they would be wouldn't they.::bigsmile:::bigsmile:

Ivy

Hi it is just a omni Ariel so never needs tuning - same as the infamous Status flying saucer type - It is not a sat dish just a round Ariel so nothing to move :winky: You simply get a picture or not :Doh:::bigsmile:
terry

OP
OP
alcorn54

alcorn54

Free Member
Nov 21, 2010
Co Durham
Funster No
MH
low profile
Exp
That is the same amplifier as the one I've just bought.

Technically an omni-directional will always be inferior to a directional one. It's just like using your eyes or using a telescope. But if it works then it's good enough.
Brian/Bill be careful fitting it ,just moved my power box slightly onto back wall as I decided to remove the telly, swivel bracket and shelves from above the fridge in van to make way for a microwave,and make do with the TV fitted in the bedroom ,Bugger me turned left hand screw aerial outlet connector wrong way by mistake and its snapped, Very femma!!:Doh::Doh: Luckily it has an ariel 2 outlet for a second TV or I would have been completely buggered,checked it out by re-tuning its working fine on just the one outlet :thumb::Eeek:Mind you this is me all over very heavy handed and with a touch like a fairy elephant .

Last edited:

Forestboy

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 31, 2007
Forest of Dean
Funster No
MH
A Class Hymer B694 tag
Exp
When we bought the Hymer it came with an all singing dancing self seeking sattelite system.

Great unless there happens to be a tree or building in line which seems to be at least 50% of the time:Sad: in which case its useless, glad I did'nt buy it.:Smile:

Anyway I keep thinking a small supplement aerial is needed for those occasions when no signal on dish but have no knowledge of aerials at all.
So;
Would one of these do the job?
If so will I still need to keep the sat dish?
:thumb:

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back