Meos 15.4” LCD TV (1 Viewer)

Aug 10, 2008
Hawes, UK
Funster No
MH
VW California
Exp
Hello
Has anyone got one of the above makes of TV/DVD lcd televisions, and how do they rate them ?

Ven

Aug 15, 2008
East Sussex and beyond
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
Since 2009
Hi,

For the money I think it's a good TV with decent sound and if we did not have an Avtec TV as well we'd probably recommend it highly. The viewing angle is not great on darker pictures if you are not sitting directly in front of the TV. Other than that it is fine.

For the extra £100 (which was the difference when we bought the Meos) you get a better clearer picture and a much better viewing angle.

Hope that helps :Smile:

peter marshall

Free Member
Mar 5, 2009
Cleveleys,Lancashire
Funster No
MH
Low Line
Exp
9 Years
Hello
Has anyone got one of the above makes of TV/DVD lcd televisions, and how do they rate them ?

Hi
Yes we have one of those, good tv /dvd , had no probs. Pete :thumb::thumb:

Ps From a distance no probs with the picture (darkness) near to we lower the set then it ok near, ie in the front seats about 5ft or there about.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Feb 18, 2009
Guisborough North Yorkshi
Funster No
MH
Malibu T410
Exp
Since August 2008
We have no experience of the 15" model. We bought the small 12" model with built in DVD as it had its own built in battery
We had it exchanged under warranty twice, the first time for sound quality and the second for a fault with the dvd.
My negative comment would be that you have to pay return postage every time, ( although the last person I dealt with gave me the free post address)
You cannot speak to them direct only through E Mail.
The only contact is with the handling company that accept the repairs.
If we were buying another tv I would pay the extra and buy the Avtex

But this is only my personal opinion

Redjumpa

Free Member
Oct 29, 2008
North Lincolnshire
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
5 years
We have no experience of the 15" model. We bought the small 12" model with built in DVD as it had its own built in battery
We had it exchanged under warranty twice, the first time for sound quality and the second for a fault with the dvd.
My negative comment would be that you have to pay return postage every time, ( although the last person I dealt with gave me the free post address)
You cannot speak to them direct only through E Mail.
The only contact is with the handling company that accept the repairs.
If we were buying another tv I would pay the extra and buy the Avtex

But this is only my personal opinion

I had a similar problem with the 15.4 model (DVD failed) cost £23 to return it and they insist on the original packaging. Viewing angle isn't great but that is a common issue, we solved this by fitting it on a multi angle TV bracket.

Overall ---------- 5/10

madbluemad

Banned
Jan 26, 2008
spain
Funster No
MH
just looking
Exp
since 1980
I have a 20" one and its excellent. Some people seem to have problems with the DVD player, I believe its because they put the disc in the wrong way round. The DVD slot is well marked with which side goes in where and so if you read it properley theres no problem.

I have no problems with the viewing angle but that may be just an issue with where in your van you situate the telly.

Just a note, most people buy from we do digital. I bought mine from fleabay, it was on offer at a cheaper price than we do digital.

Jim

:Smile:

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back