Johns Cross Motorhome website? (1 Viewer)

rainbow chasers

Free Member
Oct 30, 2009
Mid Cornwall
Funster No
MH
Various
Exp
Only the vehicle stocklist down - maybe being updated. Everything else works OK.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

pablomc

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 20, 2010
Durham
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
Since 2009
Peter said on another thread that they were in the process of updating the site.

Link Removed

Peter JohnsCross MH

Funster
Deceased RIP
Jan 5, 2008
East Sussex
Funster No
MH
Autotrail
Exp
Don't talk to me about razor wire, going to cost me £10K to razor wire, re-fence and security fence around the dealership to keep the scroats out at night and stop them stealing cat converters. It will look like bloody Fort Knox now.

The website was supposed to have an update which screwed the whole thing up, it is now slowly being reloaded back to the original:cry:

Peter

Road Runner

Free Member
Jul 26, 2007
Europe
Funster No
MH
yes
Exp
Since before Motorhomefun
It works for me.

Real sorry scum are targeting you Peter.

Peter JohnsCross MH

Funster
Deceased RIP
Jan 5, 2008
East Sussex
Funster No
MH
Autotrail
Exp
Pity you can't wire it up to a big battery Peter.

We have had a number of nasty ideas including wiring the cats up to a cattle/sheep/pig fencing electric shocker but it would mean wires running all over the site. !

Not allowed a Guard Dog, health and bloody safety

Websites now up and running at last :thumb:

Peter

slobadoberbob

Free Member
Jun 1, 2009
Kent, garden of England
Funster No
MH
Winnebago 23' something
Exp
25 years & counting
Peter what has happened to your windows?

I normally sit in the car while Sue goes in to pick up what is needed.. Now I cannot see anything .. Except a load of unattractive covering.. If you are going to add razor wire it is going to look even more unattractive... Would it not be cheaper to fit a bolt (the type that you cannot unscrew)... To each of the vehicles in stock? Added value to the customer and a lot cheaper than making the site look like a fortress.

I feel for you having to suffer the thefts.. Many many years back I had a car site in Sussex .. A life time back and we used to suffer wheels being nicked... Cost a fortune.. Before we fitted wheel clamps it was the car that went.. Despite fences and padlocks, they just cut the padlock.. Was a bit better when we installed CCTV...

Bib:whatthe:

Peter JohnsCross MH

Funster
Deceased RIP
Jan 5, 2008
East Sussex
Funster No
MH
Autotrail
Exp
Fit bolts or weld them, the scroats just cut them off either with a hand saw or battery angle grinder, that means buying a virtual complete exhaust instead of just a cat.

At the moment we have removed all the cats full stop, pain in the arse as if some one wants a test drive we have to put one back on.

Customers vans are locked in the workshop overnight or cat off until collected.

Hopefully the security railings will look attractive ans see through, wating for estimates and proposals and of course it will make the forecourt secure at night.

As to CCTV, we are surounded by cameras and have been for years, doesnt stop them.

Peter

Theonlysue

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 14, 2009
Essex
Funster No
MH
As Executive 50th an
Exp
Not long enough!
John Cross Motorhomes

Hi, have spoken to another who has same problem. And one of my friends had one nicked from his work van!!!

What about the infr red criss crossing the site?

S

Peter JohnsCross MH

Funster
Deceased RIP
Jan 5, 2008
East Sussex
Funster No
MH
Autotrail
Exp
Hi, have spoken to another who has same problem. And one of my friends had one nicked from his work van!!!

What about the infr red criss crossing the site?

S

We have that but as its an 'open' site people ignored the 'do not cross after hours signs' we had so many false alarms, we had to turn it off along the front of the forecourt.

Been there done it all before, just got to lock them out now or make it bloody hard to get in.

Peter

jhorsf

Free Member
May 15, 2009
DERBYSHIRE
Funster No
MH
ih oregon
Exp
Peter is it too expensive to find someone for security at night? would have thought quite a few small companies in the area need the work

Peter JohnsCross MH

Funster
Deceased RIP
Jan 5, 2008
East Sussex
Funster No
MH
Autotrail
Exp
Put a caravan on site, in view with 'security' written on it and leave the lights on.

Unfortunately our insurers are not going to accept that and I don't want any more agro.

Its the sign of the times now, everyone is getting targeted and at the end of the day I have always thought we were too open for thieves and vandals, we have over 1.5 million pounds worth of vans on display at all times.

Peter

rainbow chasers

Free Member
Oct 30, 2009
Mid Cornwall
Funster No
MH
Various
Exp
I had a word with these guys a few years back.

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9Xck9MV2-Jw[/ame]

They do good trade rates - you could offer them as a promotion if cat theft is a problem in your area. Long as they know yours are more difficult, they will go elsewhere.

The promotion board will be enough to say every vehicle is fitted with one.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back