Funster
Deceased RIP
Oct 18, 2007
Seasalter kent
Funster No
MH
Clubman
Exp
Please recheck that you are compliant as lots of 002 upward have found they have come into it now

latest From boris
Our ref: -- TFL1484151/AS
Ms Mavis Nye
By email:
02 February 2011
Dear Ms Nye,
RE: Low Emission Zone
Thank you for contacting the Mayor of London regarding the changes to the Low Emission Zone (LEZ) in 2012.
The aim of the LEZ is to improve air quality in London by deterring the most individually polluting vehicles from driving in the area. London has the worst air pollution in the UK and amongst the worst in Europe.
Unfortunately, there is currently no discount or exemption for motor caravans from the LEZ as there are no technical reasons as to why such vehicles could not comply with the scheme, for example through the fitting of abatement equipment that will significantly improve the vehicles air quality emissions. In addition, Transport for London (TfL) does not distinguish between vehicles on the basis of commercial or personal use, or on the basis of low mileage, as they still emit the same level of pollutants per kilometre travelled.
If your vehicle was registered any time before 1 January 2002, it won't meet the Euro 3 emissions standards without modification, so you'll need to take action if you want to drive within the LEZ from 3 January 2012 without paying a daily charge. To find out what your options are please visit our website http://www.tfl.gov.uk/roadusers/lez/17701.aspx.
If your vehicle was registered on or after 1 January 2002, it will meet the Euro 3 emissions standards and you can drive within the LEZ without taking any action.
The quickest way to check if your vehicle meets the current or new standards is to enter your registration plate into our vehicle checker Link Removed.
A case study detailing information on the compliance status of a Fiat Ducato, as mentioned in your email, is also enclosed for your information.
Yours sincerely
Amanda Sharp
Transport for London

The owner could replace the vehicle, but the vehicle is still valuable. The owner decides the easiest way to bring the vehicle up to the required emissions standard is to fit a filter to trap the PM emitted from the vehicle. After discussion with abatement equipment manufacturers, a full diesel particulate filter with fuel-borne catalyst was chosen as best suiting the vehicle’s condition and duty cycle. The total cost of fitting the filter was about £2,500.
Only approved filters are accepted by TfL. There is a list of approved filters and suppliers available at tfl.gov.uk/lez. The owner of the vehicle spoke to several suppliers on this list before choosing the solution mentioned above. It is important to do this to ensure you get the best price and because not all filters are suited to all vehicles and operating conditions.
Once the filter was fitted, the owner needed to get a certificate to prove that the filter is working properly. The owner booked a test at the nearest VOSA test station, which she found through the VOSA website at http://www.dft.gov.uk/vosa/. After the vehicle was tested, the owner received a Low Emission Certificate (LEC). It took 10 working days for TfL to receive the certificate information from VOSA. The operator can now drive the motor caravan within the LEZ from 3 January 2012 without having to pay the daily charge.

GJH

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 20, 2007
Acklam, Teesside, originally Glossop
Funster No
MH
None, now sold
Exp
2006 to 2022
Thanks for the update Mavis.

Just checked our van (04 registered 2 litre Boxer) and the results are:
02 Feb 2011 to 02 Jan 2012, Not Subject to LEZ
03 Jan 2012 to onwards, Compliant.

wivvy's dad

Free Member
Jun 22, 2010
Funster No
MH
Transit LWB Hi-Top PVC
Exp
On and Off since '98
Result here:

DateStatus
02 Feb 2011 to 02 Jan 2012
Not Subject to LEZ
Link Removed
According to our records this vehicle is not subject to the Low Emission Zone and is not required to meet the Low Emission Zone standards this time.
03 Jan 2012 to onwards
Compliant

'05 Transit

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

dewaltman

Free Member
May 19, 2008
south wales
Funster No
MH
a class
Exp
5 years , tugging for 27 years
checked mine mercedes sprintshift registered november 2005 result is
compliant until 20012 non compliant after so dont understand statement if registered after 1st january 2002 it will be compliant can anyone explain please am I missing something thanks

Brisey

Deceased RIP
Sep 4, 2007
Sutton on Sea
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
Since 2003
Hi Dewaltman

What is the GVW of your vehicle, if it is above 3500kg, then a different ruling applies.

The weight of your vehicle does affect compliance.
Vehicle weight is a good guide as to when your vehicle is affected by the LEZ.

A motor caravan weighing between 2.5 - 3.5 tonnes is classified as a large van and as such will only have to meet Euro III emission standards.

A motor caravan weighing between 3.5 - 12 tonnes is classified as a light lorry and as such will have to meet Euro IV emission standards from 3rd January 2012.

Brisey

dewaltman

Free Member
May 19, 2008
south wales
Funster No
MH
a class
Exp
5 years , tugging for 27 years
thanks brisey mine is 3800kg so that explains the non compliance therefore no driving into the lez zone for me

OP
OP
Mavis

Mavis

Funster
Deceased RIP
Oct 18, 2007
Seasalter kent
Funster No
MH
Clubman
Exp
Hi Dewaltman

What is the GVW of your vehicle, if it is above 3500kg, then a different ruling applies.

The weight of your vehicle does affect compliance.
Vehicle weight is a good guide as to when your vehicle is affected by the LEZ.

A motor caravan weighing between 2.5 - 3.5 tonnes is classified as a large van and as such will only have to meet Euro III emission standards.

A motor caravan weighing between 3.5 - 12 tonnes is classified as a light lorry and as such will have to meet Euro IV emission standards from 3rd January 2012.

Brisey

checked mine mercedes sprintshift registered november 2005 result is
compliant until 20012 non compliant after so dont understand statement if registered after 1st january 2002 it will be compliant can anyone explain please am I missing something thanks

Thanks for the update Mavis.

Just checked our van (04 registered 2 litre Boxer) and the results are:
02 Feb 2011 to 02 Jan 2012, Not Subject to LEZ
03 Jan 2012 to onwards, Compliant.

I still wish they would have the German System:tears::tears:

Brisey

Deceased RIP
Sep 4, 2007
Sutton on Sea
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
Since 2003
Hi Mavis,
We live about 200 yards inside the zone. Fortunately our van is plated at less than 3500kg and we are therefore compliant post 2012. I would like to uprate to 3800kg, which is only a paperwork exercise, no modifications required. However if we did we would then be non compliant. Same vehicle, same engine, same emissions. The only difference being the numbers stamped on a metal plate. Boris hasn't thought this through with regard to London residents, it is all based on assumptions, it is assumed that your vehicle meets or fails the Euro Standards based upon its registration date, nobody actually measures your vehicles emissions.
One thing is for sure, if it goes ahead in London, it will soon be in force in other major cities within the U.K.

Brisey

jhorsf

Free Member
May 15, 2009
DERBYSHIRE
Funster No
MH
ih oregon
Exp
Just another good reason to avoid he place:thumb:

OP
OP
Mavis

Mavis

Funster
Deceased RIP
Oct 18, 2007
Seasalter kent
Funster No
MH
Clubman
Exp
Hi Mavis,
We live about 200 yards inside the zone. Fortunately our van is plated at less than 3500kg and we are therefore compliant post 2012. I would like to uprate to 3800kg, which is only a paperwork exercise, no modifications required. However if we did we would then be non compliant. Same vehicle, same engine, same emissions. The only difference being the numbers stamped on a metal plate. Boris hasn't thought this through with regard to London residents, it is all based on assumptions, it is assumed that your vehicle meets or fails the Euro Standards based upon its registration date, nobody actually measures your vehicles emissions.
One thing is for sure, if it goes ahead in London, it will soon be in force in other major cities within the U.K.

Brisey

I wonder how much money they raise at the moment on with the Zone as its been running for 2 years for some vehicles. i wonder how much they will gain after Jan 2012 £100 in and £100 out it will mount up for them but then My son paid £100 to park the car in a London street while at work so they really think motorist's are made of money :Eeek:

haganap

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 5, 2007
planet earth
Funster No
MH
Carthago C Tourer
Exp
I'm an oldbie MH number 9
Oh well, as the dragons say Im out after next year. Shame really with the super Palace moving back to Crystal Palace park, would of meant I could go to games and stay at the Palace campsite

GJH

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 20, 2007
Acklam, Teesside, originally Glossop
Funster No
MH
None, now sold
Exp
2006 to 2022
I wonder how much money they raise at the moment on with the Zone as its been running for 2 years for some vehicles. i wonder how much they will gain after Jan 2012 £100 in and £100 out it will mount up for them but then My son paid £100 to park the car in a London street while at work so they really think motorist's are made of money :Eeek:

The point of it wasn't actually to raise money though was it? It was to keep certain vehicles out. To some extent that is defensible - but Ken/Boris should have had the good grace to put in place dispensations for residents caught up through no fault of their own.

For those of the rest of us who are caught by the LEZ there are quite a number of sites not too far outside the zone which have good transport links into London - including the site at Sewardstone not far from Ourcampersbeentrashed.

Having said that, three January holidays in London in 2008/2009/2010 was one too many so I'm not tempted to go back for a while :Smile:

Snowbird

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 24, 2009
Liverpool.
Funster No
MH
Fifth wheel.
Exp
Since 11-05-2000
All 3 of my vehicles are not allowed because of age but the crazy part is that they all run biofuel with zero emissions,so zero pollutant.
Its no good telling Boris that because he just says that they can run on fossil fuel:Doh:

OP
OP
Mavis

Mavis

Funster
Deceased RIP
Oct 18, 2007
Seasalter kent
Funster No
MH
Clubman
Exp
My friend in Bromley has just said on Facebook

04 February 10:01
Just had interesting call from a local company who were given our details they informed me that the unit developed for Motorhomes and horse boxes has yet to go on sale still in testing with TFL for aproval but it will be £1000 pounds cheaper he quoted £1500 +labour and vat

She is taking her's for a Quote and to find out about it all so i will keep you informed.

OP
OP
Mavis

Mavis

Funster
Deceased RIP
Oct 18, 2007
Seasalter kent
Funster No
MH
Clubman
Exp
The point of it wasn't actually to raise money though was it? It was to keep certain vehicles out. To some extent that is defensible - but Ken/Boris should have had the good grace to put in place dispensations for residents caught up through no fault of their own.

For those of the rest of us who are caught by the LEZ there are quite a number of sites not too far outside the zone which have good transport links into London - including the site at Sewardstone not far from Ourcampersbeentrashed.

Having said that, three January holidays in London in 2008/2009/2010 was one too many so I'm not tempted to go back for a while :Smile:

You know I have been on this for such a long time and I do not understand the fine £100 in and £100 out how can a resident afford this so if there is a conversion, great and it seem's that it is coming out and at a reasonable price.
But I believe that Tourists etc from abroad will not have to pay which seems unfair when we have to buy the right Badge as we travel in Europe.
I still wish it was run like the German system.:thumb:

Apr 27, 2008
Eastbourne East Sussex
Funster No
MH
Hymer low profile
Exp
Since 1972
Mine is

04 Feb 2011 to 02 Jan 2012

Compliant

03 Jan 2012 to onwards

Compliant

So thats a bit of luck. I have never actually driven into the LEZ anyway, but I suppose it's possible in the future. I have always considered London a place to avoid where possible but if I have to go there then it's the train.

Oct 27, 2007
Near Dartford
Funster No
MH
Hymer
Exp
Since 2005
My friend in Bromley has just said on Facebook

04 February 10:01
Just had interesting call from a local company who were given our details they informed me that the unit developed for Motorhomes and horse boxes has yet to go on sale still in testing with TFL for aproval but it will be £1000 pounds cheaper he quoted £1500 +labour and vat

She is taking her's for a Quote and to find out about it all so i will keep you informed.

Mavis is that Linda. If it is I will be interested in what they come up with and we are not that far from Bromley. I will have to ask her to keep me informed.

Sonja

OP
OP
Mavis

Mavis

Funster
Deceased RIP
Oct 18, 2007
Seasalter kent
Funster No
MH
Clubman
Exp
Mavis is that Linda. If it is I will be interested in what they come up with and we are not that far from Bromley. I will have to ask her to keep me informed.

Sonja

Yes we are covering it on the MCC facebook we will let you know xxx

But there is also a looking into it by Boris' office that this is silly that a M/home that is just under the weight is OK and yet if you up the pay load it wont comply same engine same M/Home they are realising how silly this all is

OP
OP
Mavis

Mavis

Funster
Deceased RIP
Oct 18, 2007
Seasalter kent
Funster No
MH
Clubman
Exp

Sonja
Linda says

I contacted Clean Diesel Technology yesterday and they passed our details to a local garage (Oxted) I had a long conversation and they could fit a unit now but if we wait until April they should have the aproved unit for our vans (under going TFL aproval testing) at a much reduced price I was quoted £1500 +vat and labour. which is £1000 saving on the next cheapes unit.

JockandRita

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 2, 2007
Lincs/Cambs border
Funster No
MH
N+B Flair 8000i
Exp
Since May 05 (Ex Tuggers).
Our MH became "Non Compliant" after the first 12 months of the LEZs introduction, and the fine for us is £200 each way. Grrrrrrrrr.

Regards,

Jock.

OP
OP
Mavis

Mavis

Funster
Deceased RIP
Oct 18, 2007
Seasalter kent
Funster No
MH
Clubman
Exp
Our MH became "Non Compliant" after the first 12 months of the LEZs introduction, and the fine for us is £200 each way. Grrrrrrrrr.

Regards,

Jock.
So it means you have to pay out money to convert just to go to the campsites like Crystal Palace maybe once or twice a year ---silly isnt it

Jaws

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 26, 2008
Thetford Norfolk
Funster No
MH
C class, Chieftain
Exp
since 2006 ( I think ! )
Just checked and got an interesting result.

Date Status
05 Feb 2011 to 02 Jan 2012 Not Subject to LEZ

03 Jan 2012 to onwards Compliant

Mine is plated at 4.1 tonnes

JockandRita

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 2, 2007
Lincs/Cambs border
Funster No
MH
N+B Flair 8000i
Exp
Since May 05 (Ex Tuggers).
So it means you have to pay out money to convert just to go to the campsites like Crystal Palace maybe once or twice a year ---silly isnt it
Absolutely Mavis. But I can drive my gaffer's high mileage Volvo FM 6x2 tractor unit into the LEZ, which belches out fumes. :Eeek:

The whole scheme hasn't been thought through properly.

Cheers,

Jock.

slobadoberbob

Free Member
Jun 1, 2009
Kent, garden of England
Funster No
MH
Winnebago 23' something
Exp
25 years & counting
Mine complies.. 6.8 v10. ..ok petrol

Put the registration number in to see what would happen.. Compliant now and after 2012...

Ok I am petrol... But v10 6.8 ltr engine.

Strange world we live in

Bob:Blush:

Dude

Free Member
Oct 22, 2010
Sussex
Funster No
MH
RV
Exp
1 year
Just tried my RV 1998 and 7.4 Petrol, not subject to LEZ, now or after 2012.

Brisey

Deceased RIP
Sep 4, 2007
Sutton on Sea
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
Since 2003
Hi Dude.
The LEZ applies to diesel engined vehicles only, no problems for you at all.:thumb:

Brisey

Dude

Free Member
Oct 22, 2010
Sussex
Funster No
MH
RV
Exp
1 year
Oh thats great, don't know anything about the LEZ, is the same as congestion charge???? I was told that vehicles that are low emission had to be registered by a certain date to be exempt, all my vehicles are LPG but not registered any.

Brisey

Deceased RIP
Sep 4, 2007
Sutton on Sea
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
Since 2003
The LEZ and the congestion charge are both different. The congestion charge applies to all vehicles passing through it whether petrol or diesel powered.
We went into central London today to see the Chinese New Year celebrations. Having seen the grid locked traffic, I can't see why anyone would willingly want to drive any sort of vehicle there. The only things moving on the roads were Boris's Bikes.

Brisey

Dude

Free Member
Oct 22, 2010
Sussex
Funster No
MH
RV
Exp
1 year
The LEZ and the congestion charge are both different. The congestion charge applies to all vehicles passing through it whether petrol or diesel powered.
We went into central London today to see the Chinese New Year celebrations. Having seen the grid locked traffic, I can't see why anyone would willingly want to drive any sort of vehicle there. The only things moving on the roads were Boris's Bikes.

Brisey

Thanks, I hate driving 'in town', always take the train now.

OP
OP
Mavis

Mavis

Funster
Deceased RIP
Oct 18, 2007
Seasalter kent
Funster No
MH
Clubman
Exp
Hi Dude.
The LEZ applies to diesel engined vehicles only, no problems for you at all.:thumb:

Brisey

Brisey

London is gridlocked almost 24 hours as its a city that never sleeps. all that honking on hooters too so noisy

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back