LIFE MEMBER
Jul 31, 2007
Herne Bay
Funster No
MH
Low profile Rapido
Exp
Since 2005 ish
Only that you won't be able to see-it and if you have to reverse it'll whip round damn quick.
We towed ours to barcelona and apart from the extra £100 on the ferry :Angry: no problems whatsoever :thumb:

cheers.....nige

bobandjanie

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 28, 2008
Javea, Spain
Funster No
MH
Pilote V600g
Exp
Hi, we tow a Smart on a trailer no problem, ::bigsmile: what problem are you looking for ?

The biggest problem we have is when they want to charge extra for the car.:winky::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO: Bob.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

pappajohn

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 26, 2007
Dark side of the moon
Funster No
Exp
Since 2005
legally, no problems at all.

practicality, it'll drive you nuts reversing.

short and relatively narrow trailers are the hardest to reverse....they soon appear in your door morror and they are even quicker at hitting the rear corner of the van.

i could reverse my 14ft twin axle Ifor Williams trailer all day long but the little 6ft bike trailer is a real ba**ard, even behind the car. :Sad:

motor roamin

Funster
May 23, 2010
Leicester
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
2 mins
legally, no problems at all.

practicality, it'll drive you nuts reversing.

short and relatively narrow trailers are the hardest to reverse....they soon appear in your door morror and they are even quicker at hitting the rear corner of the van.

i could reverse my 14ft twin axle Ifor Williams trailer all day long but the little 6ft bike trailer is a real ba**ard, even behind the car. :Sad:

The old story if you can't see it theres a dam good chance you can't reverse it.

All the best Rick.

Apr 27, 2008
Eastbourne East Sussex
Funster No
MH
Hymer low profile
Exp
Since 1972
If you can see it in your reversing camera you have a chance of reversing it, though it will still be difficult.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

movan

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 2, 2009
Moving around
Funster No
MH
Burstner
Exp
since07
A friend of mine allowed me to try out towing a bike trailer and it was ok but I wouldn't like to try reversing.

Still trying to work out why they removed their bike off the trailer before letting me have a go....:RollEyes:

Joy

rainbow chasers

Free Member
Oct 30, 2009
Mid Cornwall
Funster No
MH
Various
Exp
I have seen twin axle bike trailers, which would be more stable at speed, and safer for the load if you get a puncture. These may be worth looking at. A reverse camera would help aid reversing, once you get used to it.

Squire

Free Member
Dec 30, 2010
Funster No
Can anyone tell me if there are any problems in towing a bike trailer with a motor home please.

Why should there be? What is the difference between a bike trailer and any other type of trailer? Apart from it being more difficult to see when reversing with it being narrower than a conventional trailer.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back