A new toy for the MH's TV (1 Viewer)

Douglas

Free Member
Aug 22, 2008
South Wales,
Funster No
Exp
6 years + 5 years in boat before that
I have spent a long time looking for a Hard drive TV recorder with a USB input/output port on it, and now I have found one.

Segem DTR 67320T from Tesco at £124.00.

The only inconvenience I have found so far is that will only interface with a Fat32 format and not NTFS that WinXP runs on. So I will have to change the external hard drive over to fat32 to use it.

Doug...

Jim

Ringleader
Jul 19, 2007
Sutton on Sea, UK
Funster No
MH
Adria Panel Van.
Exp
Since 1988
I have spent a long time looking for a Hard drive TV recorder with a USB input/output port on it, and now I have found one.

The only inconvenience I have found so far is that will only interface with a Fat32 format and not NTFS that WinXP runs on. So I will have to change the external hard drive over to fat32 to use it.

Doug...

No sure, but most dongles (thumb drives) are formatted fat32. Could you get stuff onto it using one of those.

ticktok

Free Member
May 13, 2010
Kent (South Coast)
Funster No
MH
Swift
Exp
5 Years

Doug...

Can you not use a free utility to create a small partition on your hard disk and format that as Fat 32

By the way XP will run on Fat 32

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

OP
OP
Douglas

Douglas

Free Member
Aug 22, 2008
South Wales,
Funster No
Exp
Can you not use a free utility to create a small partition on your hard disk and format that as Fat 32

By the way XP will run on Fat 32

I am looking into and gearing up to change one of my external hard drives over to fat32, I have tried out the file transferring using a USB stick and every thing works fine, however a terabyte hard drive that I use for backups will cope with job better.

Doug...

Jul 1, 2010
SW Northumberland
Funster No
MH
Hymer B 588 DL
Exp
Since September 2010
I bought an upscaling "Sumvision Cyclone unit" this will allow you to play fat 32, NTFS and most other formats through your TV as well as various memory cards, brilliant piece of kit at a reasonable price. Saves re-formatting HDD's for anyone not sure.

Link Removed

Stewart

Nov 10, 2008
Forest Row, East Sussex, UK
Funster No
MH
5th Wheel
Exp
SJ
Thanks for that, been looking for something like that for ages. Now bought through Amazon. Now all I have to do is copy all my DVDs on to my external drives!
JK

Jan 11, 2010
Chester
Funster No
MH
Auto-trail
Exp
Well that`s our 13th year & still loving it.
I bought an upscaling "Sumvision Cyclone unit" this will allow you to play fat 32, NTFS and most other formats through your TV as well as various memory cards, brilliant piece of kit at a reasonable price. Saves re-formatting HDD's for anyone not sure.

Link Removed

Stewart

We have just one of these also, fantastic bit of kit, saves taking the pc and router away with us, now we just plug our hard drive into the Cyclone unit and have over 300 films to choose from.:thumb:

OP
OP
Douglas

Douglas

Free Member
Aug 22, 2008
South Wales,
Funster No
Exp
After looking at the problems and inconvenience's of changing NTFS over to fat32 I have decided to go down the path of using a 23 gb memory stick, I picked one up on Ebay last night for £12.50.

Doug...

Terry

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 27, 2007
Lincolnshire
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
Can't remember ;)

Link Removed

Stewart

Also got one / 2 actually home and van BRILL :thumb:
http://www.play.com/PC/PCs/4-/12036...tml?_$ja=tsid:11518|cat:12036967|prd:12036967
terry

OP
OP
Douglas

Douglas

Free Member
Aug 22, 2008
South Wales,
Funster No
Exp
An update on the use of the TV hard drive recorder.

when we where at home I filled the recorder with as much as we could in the couple of weeks that we had ferry before we got on the ferry. We the unit has been in use in its other mode IE playback for the last 3>4 weeks and it working fine. The current is a bit higher that just the TV as expected but well within the solar charging provided that we get some sun.

Any way we are pleased with the unit and would recommend it.

Doug...

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back