Free Member
Jan 30, 2011
teesside
Funster No
MH
express autosleeper
Exp
hi to everyone
site looks great just what i was looking for, just bought ourselves a talbot express autosleeper as i always wanted a motorhome its a rustbucket but with a bit of work will do what we want for a while.
We are both late thirties early forties and have a little boy who is nearly 3 and another son 17 (who is not realy into anything but flash cars and xbox's) so "edna" our camper is for few days away at a time. Don't know what to expect realy hope i can get advise from some of you more experienced persons about sites or nice places where we could just pull up for the night and stop, fixing up bits on the van (Botching i believe its called)
and other advise for motorhomer's on a budget

i thankyou

Road Runner

Free Member
Jul 26, 2007
Europe
Funster No
MH
yes
Exp
Since before Motorhomefun
Welcome to Fun, we all started at some stage and its exiting times.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

hilldweller

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 5, 2008
Macclesfield
Funster No
MH
Zilch Mk1
Exp
From Aug 2007
other advise for motorhomer's on a budget
i thankyou

Well with the price of fuel it has to be don't go far. But where you are you've masses of grand countryside to go at. The only place we've stopped nearby is in Keilder, good but not cheap on the CC site, can't remember the price but the view was worth it.

There's a meet in Whitby in November, do a search on Whitby.

You can beat David Isopon Glass Fibre P40 for serious bodging.

Bodging has got bad press these days but 200 years ago the local bodger was a treasure, he was the travelling Mr Fixit who would repair anything for you.

GJH

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 20, 2007
Acklam, Teesside, originally Glossop
Funster No
MH
None, now sold
Exp
2006 to 2022
The only place we've stopped nearby is in Keilder, good but not cheap on the CC site, can't remember the price but the view was worth it.

We wen't there once. I was amazed how far it was from here, always assumed it was a lot closer.

weekenders

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 30, 2008
Leicestershire
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
15 years
We had a Talbot Autosleepers Talisman 1988 for about 9 years and went everywhere in it, even abroad, had many a happy weekend away in it, we now have a Autosleeper Executvie 1998, 2.5 td and try and get away as much as poss.
we have arranged the Whitby meet in Nov, try and join us if not too far.

Dalek

Free Member
Apr 26, 2010
Norwich
Funster No
MH
Roller Team 600
Exp
18 months
Welcome to the Fun, may you enjoy lots of travels in your motorhome

Dale & Family

barryd

Free Member
Feb 10, 2009
Yorkshire Dales
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
Since May 08
My advice would be to try a bit of wild camping in the Dales. There are tons of places to stay out of the way between where you are and across to the Lake District. We live between you and the Lakes near Richmond Barnard Castle and there are some superb places to loose yourself up here.

Maybe join the Caravan Club or Caravan and Camping Club and make use of there 5 van certified locations (CL or CS sites). These are farms, pubs, nurseries etc that allow up to 5 vans on site. Costs range from £3.50 to about £12 depending on facilities on offer. Many are just fields with water and waste but the more expensive ones will have electric hook up and maybe even a shower. You could tour around the UK using CL's and never pay more than a fiver each night, when you throw in a few nights free camping your cost per night becomes negligable.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back