Ringleader
Jul 19, 2007
Sutton on Sea, UK
Funster No
MH
Adria Panel Van.
Exp
Since 1988
Our first proper weekend away and I thought I might keep a record in this thread over the next few weeks about how we cope with a massive downsize from 11m to 5.98m. In no particular order this trip, we find

Packing to go, the fridge is about a third of what we are used to:whatthe:, 3 shelves and a freezer big enough for at least 6 fish fingers. :Sad:

Young Katy was disapointed that we were still too high to make it through the McDonalds drive thru::bigsmile:

It was nice not having to consult our home-made map of fuel stations that we can get in and out of. Not that we needed to fill up because we did that last weekend and this trip is only a round trip of 420 miles.:Smile:

Parking on my mums drive is just so handy, we've missed being able to do that.

Laugh, its late, after a few beers, came back into the van, the drop down bed is easy, (and very comfy) but we have a double duvet that needs a cover putting on it that job took up the whole van and took an hour :ROFLMAO:

Bedtime stuff like getting undressed and using the bathroom had us giggling. It was like we were in a human number puzzle.
41Qu2dwn8CL._SL500_AA300_.jpg

You move there, I'll go here then Katie can get to the bathroom:ROFLMAO: We've been here many times before, but you get used to 12ft wide RVs where you can all pass each other in the night.

Big shock this morning:Eeek::Eeek::Eeek: The biggest problem yet. We got so used to having a walk round bed with a bedside table each, but here we were with cup of tea in bed, and nowhere to put it between sips. ::bigsmile:

That's all I have time for, more later:thumb:

Bryan

Free Member
Jul 19, 2007
Funster No
Big shock this morning:Eeek::Eeek::Eeek: The biggest problem yet. We got so used to having a walk round bed with a bedside table each, but here we were with cup of tea in bed, and nowhere to put it between sips. ::bigsmile:

JIM!!:Eeek::Eeek:

You've got to remember to downsize everything...

Only one cup of tea (not two) between you. That way you:

• Save cupboard space and payload
and

• No need for bedside tables to rest the cup on as between your sips Sian is holding the cup whilst she takes her sip and vice versa :thumb:

:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

Bryan

(I'll just pop to the other end of our RV so I can tell Suzy what you've posted - I may be a while :ROFLMAO::winky:)

Brisey

Deceased RIP
Sep 4, 2007
Sutton on Sea
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
Since 2003
Hi Jim, Sian & Katie,
Welcome to the the world of Eurovans once more.
It's all good Fun.

Brisey

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Oct 14, 2007
Rochester
Funster No
MH
Auto-Trail Mohawk
Exp
16 fun filled years
Just make sure the bank is big enough for all the money you will be saving on fuel.:ROFLMAO:

artona

Free Member
Jul 31, 2007
Funster No
MH
self build
Exp
40 yrs and still not got a release date
you are such amateurs Jim. Imagine going form an RV to a van conversion, now thats true professional downsizing ::bigsmile:::bigsmile:::bigsmile:

bobandjanie

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 28, 2008
Javea, Spain
Funster No
MH
Pilote V600g
Exp
::bigsmile: You will soon get the hang of it Jim.............................At any one time only one person stands up, :winky: everyone else sits and No Problem !...................................... Thats until you get a big dog in there with you.:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

Driving an Ice Cream Van. :whatthe:::bigsmile: It must make things a lot easier not having to carry the money belt with you. ::bigsmile::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO: Bob.

GJH

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 20, 2007
Acklam, Teesside, originally Glossop
Funster No
MH
None, now sold
Exp
2006 to 2022
5.85 metres - Pah!! That's a whole 0.48 metres longer than a proper van ::bigsmile:

Jill's got the solution to a cup of tea in bed. I get up and sort myself out while she has a lie in as she pleases :roflmto:

Brian and Jo

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 24, 2007
oswestry,shropshire
Funster No
MH
A-Class N+B Arto 88F
Exp
Been motorhoming for 15yrs.had an American RV for 7yrs,Now got a Niesmann Bischoff Arto 88F
From rv

great story jim:roflmto: hope ice cream sales remain bouyant:thumb: regards brian jo and josh:winky:

Pat4Neil

Free Member
Sep 28, 2008
Essex
Funster No
MH
Mercedes
Exp
7 years
Hi Jim, it is a comprimise but at least you can get away, without taking a small bank loan with you:ROFLMAO:

there are such things as fold down cup holders, I have one next to my bed, you only need a small piece of wall to put it on.

I love my cup of tea in bed in the morning, and that is one thing I wont go without.

Happy travelling.

Pat

Geo

Trader - Funster
Jul 29, 2007
Mansfield,Notts
Funster No
MH
Autotrail Tracker FB
Exp
45 +years with breaks
Hi Jim, it is a comprimise but at least you can get away, without taking a small bank loan with you:ROFLMAO:

there are such things as fold down cup holders, I have one next to my bed, you only need a small piece of wall to put it on.

I love my cup of tea in bed in the morning, and that is one thing I wont go without.

Happy travelling.

Pat
He knows, there are 18 in his RV, 9 down each side for refreshments when walking down the van:thumb:

Bailey58

LIFE MEMBER
Jun 23, 2010
Norfolk and Toftir.
Funster No
MH
Sold
Exp
July 2010 (ex tugger)
That's where a U shaped lounge comes in handy, single beds, space for your cuppa and either of you can get up when you want!:roflmto:

MicknPat

Free Member
Dec 16, 2007
Touring UK
Funster No
MH
39ft American A class RV
Exp
Since Oct 2007
Hi Jim,

I take it this down sizing is for occasional, two weeks holiday and occasional week end away occupancy?

If not and you are 24/7 full timing I'm looking forward to reading this thread in a few months :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

Mick

sedge

Funster
Jul 7, 2009
Nr Jct 3 M6
Funster No
MH
C class
Exp
Aug 09 to date 9,000 miles!
Oh the luxury of a bed you can sit up in. How the other half live! :cry:

Finding somewhere to place the cuppa is the least of my worries first thing. That ladder is ruddy cold and hurts my delicate tootsies but am always so desperate for the loo there's no choice! :Blush:

Terry

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 27, 2007
Lincolnshire
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
Can't remember ;)
:ROFLMAO: Sedge is on the right track :ROFLMAO: If you downsized correctly you would not be far from a work top / surface to stick your tea cup on :thumb:Wait until Sian needs the loo in the middle of the night then the fun will start :ROFLMAO:Told you to do a self build or think carefully about the layout :thumb::ROFLMAO: You have now made the classic mistake of not getting the LAYOUT that would suit your needs better :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO: Only small niggles :Doh::winky:::bigsmile:
Have you thought about changing yet :ROFLMAO:
terry

MikeandCarolyn

Free Member
Mar 18, 2008
Worle,North Somerset
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
Since 2009
Tea in Bed.

I can reach an overhead locker from where I am in bed-so I put both mugs of tea in there and then pass Carolyn hers on demand!!
You soon get used to only one person being able to be 'on the move' at a time :ROFLMAO:

Have Fun, Mike.

slobadoberbob

Free Member
Jun 1, 2009
Kent, garden of England
Funster No
MH
Winnebago 23' something
Exp
25 years & counting
How would I cope with a St Bernard in an ice cream van

I was just wondering what Ezzie would make of an ice cream van... She has her own double bed!:RollEyes:

Bob:thumb:

lorger

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 11, 2008
Dumfries
Funster No
MH
Knaus Sun 650MEG
Exp
Bedtime stuff like getting undressed and using the bathroom had us giggling.

I bet its not the first time Sian has giggled when you got undressed:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

aba

Free Member
Oct 27, 2009
yorkshire
Funster No
MH
coachbuilt
Exp
dec 2009
Oh the luxury of a bed you can sit up in. How the other half live! :cry:

Finding somewhere to place the cuppa is the least of my worries first thing. That ladder is ruddy cold and hurts my delicate tootsies but am always so desperate for the loo there's no choice! :Blush:

i got 4 of those seatbelt pads and put them on the rungs on my ladder so i now have a padded ladder.

rainbow chasers

Free Member
Oct 30, 2009
Mid Cornwall
Funster No
MH
Various
Exp
British motorhome holidays bring families together Jim........within inches.:ROFLMAO:

You will get used to it again - you have just been spoilt for a while with excessive luxury. Now it is back to camping the british way! Like you said, it does have it's benefits with less planning ahead, cheaper fuel bills, and ease of use!

Concentrate on these positives and ignore the downsides.

artona

Free Member
Jul 31, 2007
Funster No
MH
self build
Exp
40 yrs and still not got a release date
tomorrow Jim you get to lug the full cassette from the loo rather than open a lever and let it flush. ::bigsmile:::bigsmile:

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back