Free Member
Oct 7, 2008
France,
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
touring many years..42+
Hi......this may be of Help::bigsmile::winky:........................or it may not:cry:

I have a 2008 Fiat 130 Multi jet........(Now this happened once last year and then it was ok all through the year)....It has happened three times this year in three weeks over the winter period...gone to start the engine ...would not start totally flat....not even a light on the dash board....so had to jump start from my 2.0 ltr diesel car ....run the motorhome for about 60 miles, left it for a week flat again...as I changing in March/April for my new motorhome I thought I would change the battery....gone to check the size of the battery L,H,W and to check the Ah if I could see it without removing the battery until I had the new one........ I thought while I was looking best check the connections on the pillars........the PILLAR CONNECTION of the short EARTH CABLE from the body work......was something like a nylon cam click type connection ..... meaning you pull this small lever arm over and when it gets passed a point it locks itself.......well guess what mine was not locked as the connection needed twisting about 25mm one way to allow it to lock......tried the ignition/ engine after over a week....AND HEY-PRESTO THE ENGINE STARTED... has that been my problem lets hope so:whatthe:

what a stupid type of connection for a battery, what happened to the bolt clamp type

Mel:thumb:

The battery is just under the drivers rubber foot well mat held by three large half turn screws, then undo the steel plate held with one nylon screw....there is the battery

Last edited:

scotjimland

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 25, 2007
Suffolk Coastal District, UK
Funster No
MH
Timberland
what a stupid type of connection for a battery, what happened to the bolt clamp type

Mel:thumb:

they changed to quick release so that numpties could undo easily .. but the same numpties forget to push the clamp tight ... :Doh: :winky: :winky: :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

glad you found the problem Mel.. and saved a few of your hard earned Yorkshire pounds, :thumb:

I know that feeling well :roflmto:

OP
OP
Heyupluv

Heyupluv

Free Member
Oct 7, 2008
France,
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
touring many years..42+
they changed to quick release so that numpties could undo easily .. but the same numpties forget to push the clamp tight ... :Doh: :winky: :winky: :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

glad you found the problem Mel.. and saved a few of your hard earned Yorkshire pounds, :thumb:

I know that feeling well :roflmto:

Jim.... over here the 90 to 95amh start at 130 to 288 euros :whatthe: you can say that again...... for the engine battery:Doh::cry:

JIM ...You should know what our Yorkshire /Scotland long pockets are like we have a job reaching the money at the bottom of them

Mel

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Scout

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 4, 2009
South Yorkshire
Funster No
MH
chic c line
Exp
12 years motorhoming, a lifetime of living
well done, I hate it when yorkshire folk have to spend money,

is it possible engine or road vibration made it spring to the loose position?

OP
OP
Heyupluv

Heyupluv

Free Member
Oct 7, 2008
France,
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
touring many years..42+
well done, I hate it when yorkshire folk have to spend money,

is it possible engine or road vibration made it spring to the loose position?

YES.......sebthegecko......... that is exactly what I thought when I found it.....that is why I put it on the forum as lots seem to be having trouble.....it may not be every bodies problem BUT it may be some members....

like I have said to Jim us Yorkshire folk have terrible trouble reaching our money....its them darn long pockets they stitch in the Yorkshire trousers.:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

May 20, 2009
Haute Vienne, France
Funster No
Jim.... over here the 90 to 95amh start at 130 to 288 euros :whatthe: you can say that again...... for the engine battery:Doh::cry:

JIM ...You should know what our Yorkshire /Scotland long pockets are like we have a job reaching the money at the bottom of them

Mel

If you dont want to pay French prices thenhttp://tayna.co.uk do a quick delivery to France and are a lot cheaper than any of the French suppliers/:thumb:

Last edited:

brodie

Free Member
Mar 12, 2010
South Yorkshire
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion
Exp
since 2008
like I have said to Jim us Yorkshire folk have terrible trouble reaching our money....its them darn long pockets they stitch in the Yorkshire trousers.:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

I believe it is a genetic fault in all Yorkshire males, it seem the Yorkshire women do not carry this fault! Although in our house it does seem to be selective and is switched off when said Yorkshire male wants to spend a few hundred quid on drills/tools etc.

When said Yorkshire women buys case for her Kindle it brings on a cold sweat and a tantrum :ROFLMAO:

OP
OP
Heyupluv

Heyupluv

Free Member
Oct 7, 2008
France,
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
touring many years..42+
I believe it is a genetic fault in all Yorkshire males, it seem the Yorkshire women do not carry this fault! Although in our house it does seem to be selective and is switched off when said Yorkshire male wants to spend a few hundred quid on drills/tools etc.

When said Yorkshire women buys case for her Kindle it brings on a cold sweat and a tantrum :ROFLMAO:

Brodie......There may be a little truth in what you say, when a Yorkshire male needs, tools, drills, gadgets, satnavs,::bigsmile::winky: the said long pocket has a release valve:thumb:..(this gas valve does need bleeding, topping up and testing once a week hence the tools and gadgets) ..........But must only be used in a emergency...tampering or unofficial misuse of this pocket while trousers are not being worn by a Yorkshire man can result in total shutdown........:Eeek:

Its not genetic or generic.....male...female....I blame the council by-laws

But saying the female Yorkshire woman does not suffer from the same problem Mmmm:Doh: This is what the sister-in-law who now lives in Bridlington moved up from Eastborne (a southerner)..had to say today...last week she had purchased a purse in Scarborough...but she is now having problems getting her money out at the tills and needs torch to see the money it is so far down inside..so after a few complaints from customers waiting in the queue to pay for there goods......hurling abuse.......
she decided yesterday the best way of solving this problem was to buy another purse, real leather made in china......with no links to Yorkshire..............what I say, the purse was Yorkshire made and like the Yorkshire men's pockets they sew in the trousers .....they are to long for any Yorkshire man or woman to reach his or her money.......you are not meant to reach your money:winky: .....you are not meant to pay:winky:..........simple...................many people call it T.I.G.H.T.:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO: they could well be correct:Doh: :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

The kindle electronic book is not a good piece of kit for a Yorkshire woman.........it gives the Yorkshire male spouse .....bad bad headaches and cold sweats, due to the ultra sonic wifi radio active mico waves, caused by the friction as his money leaves his pocket,................
Was there no paperbacks in any of those charity shops you could have read..............what part of Yorkshire are you from, (Kindle) I can seeeeeeee its going to be the Posh end:winky:

Mel:thumb::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

Last edited:

imprint

Free Member
Jul 14, 2009
Funster No
hey up indeed, luvvie.

"real leather made in china......" How do you get that?

Baffled of Tunbridge Wells

(No not slob a whosit)

OP
OP
Heyupluv

Heyupluv

Free Member
Oct 7, 2008
France,
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
touring many years..42+
hey up indeed, luvvie.

"real leather made in china......" How do you get that?

Baffled of Tunbridge Wells

(No not slob a whosit)

well that what it says on label:winky::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

May 20, 2009
Haute Vienne, France
Funster No
Hi elamessa thank you for the info....have you any idea of the delivery charge to France:thumb:

Mel

Cannot be specific with delivery charges to France as each battery is a different weight and they charge on the weight. I have only ordered a Motorcycle battery from them but it was here within 2 days.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back