Free Member
Dec 12, 2008
Crystal Palace, London
Funster No
MH
29ft RV
Exp
18 months n counting
Having been living in my beautiful RV for 18 months now I now need to find somewhere to park it permanently and live in.
I'm guessing this is not easy to find!
Have a load of MOT work that needs doing and Redbridge are quoting me £2000 for parts to get the emissions sorted (before they even start on the other repairs).
Ideally I'd be nearish to London but can't be picky anymore.
Help!:cry:

david price

Free Member
Sep 28, 2008
Bridgenorth
Funster No
MH
coachbuilt
Exp
5 years
Have you looked at cl's or cs's in the area.Normally very cheap but you would need to move from one to the other every now and then.
Went to a wedding in essex last year and i paid £4.50 a night for five of us and everybody else was paying a fortune in the hotels down there.
dave

Wildman

Free Member
May 30, 2008
Ilfracombe, Devon
Funster No
MH
Amazon Ambassador
Exp
since 1967
Sorry to hear you have such problems, sadly it is one of the biggest drawbacks of fulltiming. It is not easy to find a permanant park, most have a 28 limit, but no doubt some flout the rules. a better solution will be to find a way of getting it fixed. what do you need maybe some funsters can help.

OP
OP
juliandavies

juliandavies

Free Member
Dec 12, 2008
Crystal Palace, London
Funster No
MH
29ft RV
Exp
18 months n counting
Have you looked at cl's or cs's in the area.Normally very cheap but you would need to move from one to the other every now and then.
Went to a wedding in essex last year and i paid £4.50 a night for five of us and everybody else was paying a fortune in the hotels down there.
dave

I suggested I could do this a while back and nearly got lynched on the site! travelling without MOT/tax is a definite no-no!:Sad:

OP
OP
juliandavies

juliandavies

Free Member
Dec 12, 2008
Crystal Palace, London
Funster No
MH
29ft RV
Exp
18 months n counting
Sorry to hear you have such problems, sadly it is one of the biggest drawbacks of fulltiming. It is not easy to find a permanant park, most have a 28 limit, but no doubt some flout the rules. a better solution will be to find a way of getting it fixed. what do you need maybe some funsters can help.

well there's a list of MOT fails (replace idler arm etc) that will cost me about £700 inc labour
the £2k (and he's warned me it could be more) is just to get it to pass emissions test!
is there a list of permanent parks anywhere?

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

dazzer

Free Member
Jul 30, 2007
In my house
Funster No
MH
Virtual RV!!
Exp
10 Years
The emmissions......mmmmmm as its an RV you need to ask the tester exactly where he is getting his information from. I had a similar problem with my pickup and when i pushed the point they said that actually they shouldnt have tested it as it was outside the legislation due to age of the vehicle and them having no information about what emmissions the engine should be pumping out as a comparison.

Might be worth dropping Geo a pm to clarify as hes an MOT examiner. :thumb:

Dude

Free Member
Oct 22, 2010
Sussex
Funster No
MH
RV
Exp
1 year
What year is the RV dude as has been said the emissions will be an easy one to get thru, I would be surprised if you need much more than a couple of O2 sensors or cats.

If you need to move the RV just book an MOT near to where you need to go, then you are covered, don't forget to cancel if you happen to not make it to the station:winky:

Have you thought about finding a company with a large car park that you can settle in a corner, that way you get somewhere to live and they get 24hr security!!!! Get them to chuck in electric and you are all set.:thumb:

carpyone

Free Member
Mar 28, 2008
Needingworth, Cambs
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
3 years
You could try www.virginialake.co.uk the owner Ted is an RV owner. The site is near Kings Lynn in Norfolk. It has a twelve month site licence so a few caravvanners are resident as well as tourers and storage. The site has plenty of hardstanding.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

JJ

Mágica
May 1, 2008
Quinta Majay, Pinheiro Bordalo, Portugal
Funster No
MH
Burstner Privilege T
Exp
over 50 years
If you need to move the RV just book an MOT near to where you need to go, then you are covered,

Certainly not sure about this but I thought that the MOT you booked had to be within a reasonable distance. If you were parked in Cornwall surely you can't book an MOT in Glasgow?

JJ

I notice the OP was some time ago... I hope Julian got sorted out ok...

Geo

Trader - Funster
Jul 29, 2007
Mansfield,Notts
Funster No
MH
Autotrail Tracker FB
Exp
45 +years with breaks
Aw Jim this blokes been waiting 8 months for an answer:Doh::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

Jim

Ringleader