Free Member
Aug 16, 2010
Alberton PEI Canada
Funster No
MH
Niesmann Bischoff Flair
Exp
quite new to RV's
Hi this is my first day as a funster and I have a couple of issues with my Motor home no rush as it is in storage there is about 4 feet of snow down and the wind chill is -36 right now Brrrrrrrr cold.
any hoo I will require a fan for my heater and most likely a switch as it only works on high speed bu then it squeals. This is a 1994 Flairon a fiat ducato and it has the 2.5 tdi any help as to where and how to get replacement
would be appreciated.

thanks Ron.

Oct 1, 2007
Kirby cross further from londin
Funster No
MH
Between Motor homes
Exp
since 08
Hi this is my first day as a funster and I have a couple of issues with my Motor home no rush as it is in storage there is about 4 feet of snow down and the wind chill is -36 right now Brrrrrrrr cold.
any hoo I will require a fan for my heater and most likely a switch as it only works on high speed bu then it squeals. This is a 1994 Flairon a fiat ducato and it has the 2.5 tdi any help as to where and how to get replacement
would be appreciated.

thanks Ron.

think you will find if the fan only runs at high speed no 4 setting
it may well be the rheohostat fixed to the rear (possibly)of the fan motor
well it was on my 1998 duccato about £30-40 and you fitting
DONT PULL THE FAN SWITCH OUT
till you have checked the rheostat i did what a blinkg nightmare:cry::cry:

hope this helps

OP
OP
S

spudisland

Free Member
Aug 16, 2010
Alberton PEI Canada
Funster No
MH
Niesmann Bischoff Flair
Exp
quite new to RV's
think you will find if the fan only runs at high speed no 4 setting
it may well be the rheohostat fixed to the rear (possibly)of the fan motor
well it was on my 1998 duccato about £30-40 and you fitting
DONT PULL THE FAN SWITCH OUT
till you have checked the rheostat i did what a blinkg nightmare:cry::cry:

hope this helps
I poked around last fall I think the rheo gizmo is just in the heater box. thanks for now. Ron

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

pappajohn

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 26, 2007
Dark side of the moon
Funster No
Exp
Since 2005
Hi Ron,
its unlikely you will find a new fan assembly unless its the same on later models, as i believe fiat only keep stock for 10 years.

can you take out the old unit and see what state the motor bearings are in and lube them...only a temp fix but may get you going for a while.

the speed control may just be a series of resistors and you may be able to adapt something from another vehicle and fix to the fan housing.....but at -36deg you only need FAST speed anyway :roflmto:

Squire

Free Member
Dec 30, 2010
Funster No
would be appreciated.

thanks Ron.

'4 feet of snow'! '-36' !!

Where the bl***ng h*ll are you ?

OP
OP
S

spudisland

Free Member
Aug 16, 2010
Alberton PEI Canada
Funster No
MH
Niesmann Bischoff Flair
Exp
quite new to RV's
Cold

'4 feet of snow'! '-36' !!

Where the bl***ng h*ll are you ?

By the way live on lovely little Prince Edward Isalnd, do a google look at weather today try Charlottetown or Summerside, Actually live in Alberton
thanks

PS Born in Glasgow

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back