LIFE MEMBER
Mar 9, 2009
Skegness, UK
Funster No
MH
Frankia i650 FD
Exp
Since March 09
Disappointed the next meet we can go to that is a reasonable distance for just a w/e is not until the middle of May now that the Carmarthen show has moved from March to May then there is a meet 3 consecutive weekends which will be difficult :Doh::Doh::Doh: our poor dogs wont know if they are coming or going lol, we are getting funster's withdrawal symptoms for sure :whatthe::whatthe:

So have ordered our Acsi camping card today (no funster's discount though) didnt go for the dvd set up as thought if there is a website I can check it out on line if any wifi etc handy, but
now starts where shall we go, when etc planning a route ...just love it:Smile:

We have decided this year to use the Eurotunnel as I have been saving the Tesco vouchers ..thanks for the tip of converting them :thumb::thumb:
:yeah::yeah::yeah::yeah:

Wildman

Free Member
May 30, 2008
Ilfracombe, Devon
Funster No
MH
Amazon Ambassador
Exp
since 1967
well done, only problem with eurotunnel is you'll never want to go on the boat again. (Shepton list is up and running, hee hee)

OP
OP
champers

champers

Funster
LIFE MEMBER
Mar 9, 2009
Skegness, UK
Funster No
MH
Frankia i650 FD
Exp
Since March 09
I have been on the eurotunnel once before but do enjoy the ferry crossings more (except the Plymouth to Santander :Blush::Blush::Blush::Blush:) but hey these tesco vouchers you cant ignore :RollEyes::RollEyes::RollEyes: at least Tomtom will be happy (it always tries to push us in to their terminal )

Yes have noted Shepton Rog ....we did do the Jan show with BobnJane :thumb:

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

MR2

Free Member
Jul 10, 2009
Lincoln
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
5+years
Acsi Card

You'll find the card saves fees but consider the DVD. We have had it a year and apart from identifying sites clearlly and easily, it includes standard letters/form for booking a site in the appropriate language which is really useful to ensure you are understood by email. :RollEyes:

steveclecy

Free Member
Jun 10, 2009
Wirral
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
Since June 2009
May I suggest, do what we have done for this year, book the Crossing and then simply "go with the flow". Our (limited) experience touring with the ACSI card did not find a single site booked up last year. After all, the card is for off peak only anyway. Our first ever (UK) tour with our MH had pre-booked every site and whilst we were assured of finding a safe and comfortable pitch for the night, it does rather defeat one of the advantages of MH - flexibility.

Steve

OP
OP
champers

champers

Funster
LIFE MEMBER
Mar 9, 2009
Skegness, UK
Funster No
MH
Frankia i650 FD
Exp
Since March 09
May I suggest, do what we have done for this year, book the Crossing and then simply "go with the flow". Our (limited) experience touring with the ACSI card did not find a single site booked up last year. After all, the card is for off peak only anyway. Our first ever (UK) tour with our MH had pre-booked every site and whilst we were assured of finding a safe and comfortable pitch for the night, it does rather defeat one of the advantages of MH - flexibility.

Steve

Yes you are right ...we did book 1 site in France the year before but was going to tour around more, but hadnt realised that it would be busy hols time doh so stayed put as we were enjoying and had met some nice folk there

But we would like to tour more this time as long as it is sunny and dryish I dont mind ::bigsmile:::bigsmile:

Jim

Ringleader
Jul 19, 2007
Sutton on Sea, UK
Funster No
MH
Adria Panel Van.
Exp
Since 1988
I'm with Steve, just wing it. We of course have a really good look at what aires and sites are around the area we want to explore, but we just cuff it, we always find somewhere. Sometimes sites or Aires are full, often we found someone will give you a recommendation of somewhere great to stay that's not in any book. We never leave it too late in the day before we look for a site and knowing you have plenty of time to find somewhere makes it pretty stress free. Have a good trip:thumb:

OP
OP
champers

champers

Funster
LIFE MEMBER
Mar 9, 2009
Skegness, UK
Funster No
MH
Frankia i650 FD
Exp
Since March 09
I'm with Steve, just wing it. We of course have a really good look at what aires and sites are around the area we want to explore, but we just cuff it, we always find somewhere. Sometimes sites or Aires are full, often we found someone will give you a recommendation of somewhere great to stay that's not in any book. We never leave it too late in the day before we look for a site and knowing you have plenty of time to find somewhere makes it pretty stress free. Have a good trip:thumb:

Thank you Jim, that is what we would like to do just wing it... I long for the warmth of the sun n sea with a balmy breeze..mornings sampling the fresh local cakes with coffee, maybe a stroll to the inn come evening mingling with some locals .....bliss xx

That is what is great about a motorhome .....freedom to find a wonderful place like this xx
(ok a shop or two would be good too lolol)

JJ

Mágica
May 1, 2008
Quinta Majay, Pinheiro Bordalo, Portugal
Funster No
MH
Burstner Privilege T
Exp
over 50 years
Disappointed the next meet we can go to that is a reasonable distance for just a w/e is not until the middle of May now that the Carmarthen show has moved from March to May then there is a meet 3 consecutive weekends...

Crumbs Kath and John... I hope there will be a slot for me to visit JD Repairs pre or post Camarthen for a series of planned maintenance tasks... and those glorious breakfasts... and those "research" trips to the Tanners Arms... and those coffee breaks with Gareth and Mr Phillips... and the great, late night chats... etc etc etc...

I can't hardly wait!!

JJ :thumb:

OP
OP
champers

champers

Funster
LIFE MEMBER
Mar 9, 2009
Skegness, UK
Funster No
MH
Frankia i650 FD
Exp
Since March 09
Crumbs Kath and John... I hope there will be a slot for me to visit JD Repairs pre or post Camarthen for a series of planned maintenance tasks... and those glorious breakfasts... and those "research" trips to the Tanners Arms... and those coffee breaks with Gareth and Mr Phillips... and the great, late night chats... etc etc etc...

I can't hardly wait!!

JJ :thumb:

JJ
There is a slot here at base always for the " Wagon " and yourself for her maintenance , as for the Tanners that needs a bit more research... they have been asking where you are as the beer consumption has slowed somewhat as you are not there guiding them along :RollEyes::RollEyes:...

Mr Phillips was here assisting in stopping the workforce again this week with his great wit, coffee and biccies....again lol

When do you think the "Wagon" could have some pampering again

Kath xx

hilldweller

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 5, 2008
Macclesfield
Funster No
MH
Zilch Mk1
Exp
From Aug 2007
I long for the warmth of the sun n sea with a balmy breeze..mornings sampling the fresh local cakes with coffee, maybe a stroll to the inn come evening mingling with some locals .....bliss xx

Sorry girl, you're a bit quick of the mark there, Jim, does not launch Link Removed until next month.

dylan

Free Member
Aug 31, 2007
sw wales
Funster No
MH
none
Exp
n/a
I hope you aren't going abroad because of what they found in Sennybridge today :roflmto: now come on it wasn't you was it ? :Eeek:

OP
OP
champers

champers

Funster
LIFE MEMBER
Mar 9, 2009
Skegness, UK
Funster No
MH
Frankia i650 FD
Exp
Since March 09
I hope you aren't going abroad because of what they found in Sennybridge today :roflmto: now come on it wasn't you was it ? :Eeek:

I am not saying anything but Happy ~Happy~Happy Dayz :wooo::wooo::wooo::wooo:

The Police were everywhere..the place was swarming with them , even knocked on our door last nite ,, I asked him to show me some identity before answering any questions (copper wearing police uniform ) Me says u could have hired that from Gloria's who has the local fancy dress place haha 2 doors away from the place raided as it happens, anyway copper was cracking up by now....yep arrested a man ...of foreign nature
Us no help but broke up a boring sunday

dylan

Free Member
Aug 31, 2007
sw wales
Funster No
MH
none
Exp
n/a
:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO: in a little place like that too :ROFLMAO:

OP
OP
champers

champers

Funster
LIFE MEMBER
Mar 9, 2009
Skegness, UK
Funster No
MH
Frankia i650 FD
Exp
Since March 09
:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO: in a little place like that too :ROFLMAO:

Who would have guessed it:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

Had the helicopter out heat seeking also .... and there was me shivering to death at times since leaving Zahora , I only had to offer to look after some plants :winky::winky: no wonder our power level has been down hahaha

Mar 26, 2009
Yr Wyddgrug
Funster No
MH
Hymer B678DL
Exp
Since 2009
True - but after you've sold all that Sennybridge vegitation you could afford to buy Carmarthen :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

OP
OP
champers

champers

Funster
LIFE MEMBER
Mar 9, 2009
Skegness, UK
Funster No
MH
Frankia i650 FD
Exp
Since March 09
True - but after you've sold all that Sennybridge vegitation you could afford to buy Carmarthen :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

Wahooo wouldnt that be nice, retire to the sun (ok no poetry this time :ROFLMAO:)

John mentioned we would only need to grow one lot n we would be set then ...now where are my gardening books :thumb:

JJ

Mágica
May 1, 2008
Quinta Majay, Pinheiro Bordalo, Portugal
Funster No
MH
Burstner Privilege T
Exp
over 50 years
Wahooo wouldnt that be nice, retire to the sun (ok no poetry this time :ROFLMAO:)

John mentioned we would only need to grow one lot n we would be set then ...now where are my gardening books :thumb:

I know someone who has some fertile agricutural land in sunshine if you want to do some "gardening"... :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO:

JJ

OP
OP
champers

champers

Funster
LIFE MEMBER
Mar 9, 2009
Skegness, UK
Funster No
MH
Frankia i650 FD
Exp
Since March 09
I know someone who has some fertile agricutural land in sunshine if you want to do some "gardening"... :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO:

JJ

Oh yes of course , now I wonder who that could be :whistle::whistle::yeah::yeah: :whistle::whistle: :yeah::yeah:

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back