Mack100

Free Member
Jul 27, 2013
Funster No
MH
Swift
Exp
Jim
Good morning, I'm having big problems with extreme slowness when logged in. Pages either fail to load, show an error message or take 10 seconds to load. This does not happen when not logged in.
I'm using Firefox 75, I've cleared the cache etc. but the problem remains. Also happens in Safari.

Jun 29, 2015
Southampton
Funster No
MH
caravan (for now)
Exp
on and off since 1984
Jim
Good morning, I'm having big problems with extreme slowness when logged in. Pages either fail to load, show an error message or take 10 seconds to load. This does not happen when not logged in.
I'm using Firefox 75, I've cleared the cache etc. but the problem remains. Also happens in Safari.
I've found the site slow at times lately, I've put it down to it being very busy with people stuck at home.

OP
OP
Mack100

Mack100

Free Member
Jul 27, 2013
Funster No
MH
Swift
Exp
I've found the site slow at times lately, I've put it down to it being very busy with people stuck at home.
I understand that but it's the difference in speed between being logged in and being logged out that I don't understand. Being logged in means that it can take 10 seconds for the site to respond to open a new page while when being logged out the site responds instantly.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Jim

Ringleader
Jul 19, 2007
Sutton on Sea, UK
Funster No
MH
Adria Panel Van.
Exp
Since 1988
I understand that but it's the difference in speed between being logged in and being logged out that I don't understand. Being logged in means that it can take 10 seconds for the site to respond to open a new page while when being logged out the site responds instantly.

Can't see anything wrong this end, just removed you from user groups and re-added you that should generate new cookies for you when you next log in. This has helped before when people have had similar issues

OP
OP
Mack100

Mack100

Free Member
Jul 27, 2013
Funster No
MH
Swift
Exp
Can't see anything wrong this end, just removed you from user groups and re-added you that should generate new cookies for you when you next log in. This has helped before when people have had similar issues
It's much too fast now........::bigsmile:

Thanks, works perfectly (y)

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Reactions: Jim

dryad

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 25, 2010
hermit in beautiful coastal east kent
Funster No
MH
citroen relay pvc
Exp
quite a few years now, and loving every minute..
earlier today when browsing the good morning thread i kept getting a 504 gateway time out notification, (underneath it had nginx) the next page just wouldn't load, the only way i could get back in was, thankfully on my old ipad that i use here i had, in case of any problems, selected the forums on my ipad reading list and tapped on that to get back in..

maybe this info could help others who are having problems with logging back in..
am not going to log out for a while now.

Gellyneck

LIFE MEMBER
Jun 5, 2014
Scotland
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
More than toes wet now!
earlier today when browsing the good morning thread i kept getting a 504 gateway time out notification, (underneath it had nginx) the next page just wouldn't load, the only way i could get back in was, thankfully on my old ipad that i use here i had, in case of any problems, selected the forums on my ipad reading list and tapped on that to get back in..

maybe this info could help others who are having problems with logging back in..
am not going to log out for a while now.

Karl \ Jim were rebooting some aspects of the server earlier this morning hence the 504 Gateway error.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back