Advice Needed please 0v on hab (1 Viewer)

carl65

Free Member
Jul 20, 2009
North Shields Tyne & Wear
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
This year my van has been plugged in through my home, and heating on low to keep the winter away, any way yesterday we were going away for the weekend, unplugged my van and got things ready to go to the lakes, only to find by two 110v hab battery's are flat according to display says 0 volts ????
I went away just for the day, thinking they will charge up came back late last night after 150 mile round trip still 0 volts both battery's I bought from show last year so new less than 12 months old and have been plugged in via mails source to keep every thing tip top,

can anyone shed some light on what i can do ? apart from buying two new battery's please

Feb 9, 2008
SW Scotland
Funster No
MH
LP Coachbuilt
Exp
Since 2008 after caravanning for 20 years
What make of van? Did you have the control panel switched off/isolated when on hook-up?

I charge my batteries week about when standing on the drive and they both keep their charge very well.

Rgds
Bill

imprint

Free Member
Jul 14, 2009
Funster No
Have you put a volt-meter or multi-meter across the batteries to measure them, or have you just read the control panel? And if so, if the panel itself has a fuse, has that gone which might show the zero readings?

Clearly your van battery is OK. Despite the heating, are the others frozen?

(Senior Partner is on to this one!)

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

OP
OP
carl65

carl65

Free Member
Jul 20, 2009
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
LUNAR ROADSTAR fiat chaise and control panel has been of and on but battery's seem dead
it has been plugged in all the time via mains so should have kept charge be even trip yesterday never put any charge back in ?? that what's confusing me ? (not that takes a lot mind )

sedge

Funster
Jul 7, 2009
Nr Jct 3 M6
Funster No
MH
C class
Exp
Aug 09 to date 9,000 miles!
So how come your control panel is working then, that must work off one of the batteries, which should surely to goodness be the hab one(s) ?

OP
OP
carl65

carl65

Free Member
Jul 20, 2009
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
sedge don't know control panel in say van battery was ok and reading 12.9v but hab reading 0v poor that's the confusing part can both be dead dont have a way of checking them

Wildman

Free Member
May 30, 2008
Ilfracombe, Devon
Funster No
MH
Amazon Ambassador
Exp
since 1967
seems to me there is a two position switch, engine/hab and you have been charging engine, switch to hab and read again.

cobmonster

Free Member
Feb 15, 2009
Wokingham, Berkshire
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
9 years
LUNAR ROADSTAR fiat chaise and control panel has been of and on but battery's seem dead
it has been plugged in all the time via mains so should have kept charge be even trip yesterday never put any charge back in ?? that what's confusing me ? (not that takes a lot mind )

Hi we also have the roadstar and I have found the vehicle battery goes dead within three weeks, due I assume to the alarm.

I keep an eye on the hab battery and tend to use the charger changing the switch between the batteries through all the time while standing.

I keep an electric covector heater plugged in during winter just above the frost stat level.

When the charger is on the voltage shown on that particular battery indicator flicks .2 or 3 volts continuously.

Tony

lunarman

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 23, 2008
South Glos
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
since 1994
You say that the panel shows 0v for the habitation battery. You would expect that even a flat battery would have some residual voltage Have you checked that the fuse in the battery feed has not blown?

Lunarman

OP
OP
carl65

carl65

Free Member
Jul 20, 2009
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
You say that the panel shows 0v for the habitation battery. You would expect that even a flat battery would have some residual voltage Have you checked that the fuse in the battery feed has not blown?

Lunarman

OHHHH MY GOD what a complete t----r i am checked the fuse it was blown Grrrr :cry::cry:
I cant belive i did not check it Gutted. anyway fixed now.

thanks to all

Squire

Free Member
Dec 30, 2010
Funster No

The Lunar Roadstar has the facility to choose which battery to charge - either the starter battery OR the leisure battery. Are you sure you chose to charge the leisure side? Apart from that, I would say it's likely that you have a 'blown' fuse - I think it may be an in-line fuse located on top of the leisure battery.

What year is your Roadstar?

Squire

Free Member
Dec 30, 2010
Funster No
The Lunar Roadstar has the facility to choose which battery to charge - either the starter battery OR the leisure battery. Are you sure you chose to charge the leisure side? Apart from that, I would say it's likely that you have a 'blown' fuse - I think it may be an in-line fuse located on top of the leisure battery.

What year is your Roadstar?

Ooops - sorry, I posted before reading that you have already found the blown fuse !! :Blush:

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back