Free Member
Feb 15, 2009
Wokingham, Berkshire
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
9 years
I just tried to book our usual site at Le Tamaris, Southern France only to be told as of this year they will not take vehicles over 7m long at all.:shout:

We have been going there for the last 9 years and have met many good people there.:Smile:

Time for a change then, we wondered if any of you good people had any sites to mention. We like to be able to walk onto the beach, the above site has direct access to the beach, also not too busy, but then we go May to June so miss the school hols any way.:thumb:
Tony

Oct 12, 2008
Balma (next to Toulouse) France
Funster No
MH
HymerCamp 51Capucine
Exp
Since 2011/owner since 6/03/2014
Southern France.... hmmmm south is big! And many camping called "le Tamaris" can you tell me which one it is?
Do you want a campsite in the same area or you don't mind changing? Kids with you? Do you want entertainment in the campsite? swimming pool+beach?Bar restaurant or anything i didn't think about? or just Peace and beach?
I can ask to a few campsites i know around Valras-Plage (near Béziers)if they take your size of motorhome

Amicalement

Frankie:Smile:

PS OOPs no entertainment in may/june!!!!

Last edited:

lunarman

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 23, 2008
South Glos
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
since 1994
We stayed here last year Link Removed It is in Marseillan Plage. The site has direct access to the beach and free wifi. Some of the pitches are quite shaded are a bit tight but we managed to find one to fit ( Same van as yours). There is no pool. It is in the ACSI book this year.

Lunarman

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

OP
OP
cobmonster

cobmonster

Free Member
Feb 15, 2009
Wokingham, Berkshire
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
9 years
Southern France.... hmmmm south is big! And many camping called "le Tamaris" can you tell me which one it is?
Do you want a campsite in the same area or you don't mind changing? Kids with you? Do you want entertainment in the campsite? swimming pool+beach?Bar restaurant or anything i didn't think about? or just Peace and beach?
I can ask to a few campsites i know around Valras-Plage (near Béziers)if they take your size of motorhome

Amicalement

Hi Frankie,
We do like the area and just pool and beach would be nice. The site is at Frontignan Plage we go to Beziers shopping.

Thank you Tony

nokaii

Free Member
Oct 19, 2010
Nr Manchester
Funster No
Exp
Know it's off subject but

hey we've got one of those! :thumb:

Attachments

• 257.33kb.jpg
    257.33kb.jpg
    46.2 KB · Views: 29
OP
OP
cobmonster

cobmonster

Free Member
Feb 15, 2009
Wokingham, Berkshire
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
9 years
Know it's off subject but

hey we've got one of those! :thumb:

Hey that looks good. Mine has a stroked big block to 8.1ltrs and around 550bhp so it does not come out to play at the moment.
I suppose when it does come out the fuel will be double to fill er up:shout:

I bought the beast ready built but have replaced the engine due to a formula one style blow up when a valve broke and dropped in, what a mess, inlet and carb all that could be re-used.
Are you on the cobra forum?
Tony

nokaii

Free Member
Oct 19, 2010
Nr Manchester
Funster No
Exp
Hi Tony, that's a bl**dy big engine & I thought filling my 5.7 Chevy engined AK was bad enough!
It's getting on for 12yrs since I built & registered it, it's the 2nd Cobra Rep I've built having had a Pligrim V8 in the early 90s.

We (Me & Karen who up until last year was Northern Regional rep) are on the Cobra forum.... We've wanted a motorhome for a good few years now & finally got one back end of 2010, so it's all a bit new to us but we're looking forward to meeting new people!

Steve

OP
OP
cobmonster

cobmonster

Free Member
Feb 15, 2009
Wokingham, Berkshire
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
9 years

Amicalement

Hello Frankie,

Just to say that I have managed to book the site we most wanted by going direct to them instead of going through the caravan club booking.::bigsmile:

Thank you for your kind offer.:Smile:

Regards Tony

Sep 29, 2009
norwich
Funster No
MH
swift escape 640
Exp
since 2009
hi guys
looks like we may have a new breed of motorhomers on here.:thumb::thumb:
i have a chevy v8 brightwheels sadly to heavy to be my toad

Attachments

• P6050950.jpg
    P6050950.jpg
    48.6 KB · Views: 10

Wildman

Free Member
May 30, 2008
Ilfracombe, Devon
Funster No
MH
Amazon Ambassador
Exp
since 1967
try Ondres Plage right on the beach, lots of room and facilities, near Bayonne number 13 page 7 of all the aires of France.

Oct 12, 2008
Balma (next to Toulouse) France
Funster No
MH
HymerCamp 51Capucine
Exp
Since 2011/owner since 6/03/2014
Hello Frankie,

Just to say that I have managed to book the site we most wanted by going direct to them instead of going through the caravan club booking.::bigsmile:

Thank you for your kind offer.:Smile:

Regards Tony

:thumb::thumb::thumb::thumb::thumb:

pappajohn

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 26, 2007
Dark side of the moon
Funster No
Exp
Since 2005
is that a v8 in your avitar ???
yep! took out the piddling little 12v motor and shoe-horned a V8 under the seat box.
the dog in the basket is to counter-weight the increased torque at the rear wheels.
if ever the RV gets writen off i'll shove the 6.8ltr V10 in and fit wider rear tyres.

:ROFLMAO:

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back