What air suspension for a Fiat CCS chassis? (1 Viewer)

The Coops

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 8, 2019
The Fylde
Funster No
MH
Adria Compact DL
Exp
Yes, thank you
Can anyone point me in the right direction Pilote are closed for the virus, the dealership is closed etc, I am looking to fit air suspension on the rear of an A class Pilote on a CCS chassis, I had it on my previous van but that was on a Renault base and what a difference it made. I have looked at various websites advertising air suspension but can't find anything for the CCS . Any recommendations ( Not the £5000 plus ones!)

Sep 28, 2015
Kingston upon Hull, East Yorkshire.
Funster No
MH
Hymer B544
Exp
2001 Caravans 2011 Motorhomes
Give AS Suspension at Warrington a ring.

Ridgeway

LIFE MEMBER
Mar 10, 2012
Lausanne
Funster No
MH
NiBi Arto 85E
Exp
Since 2012
CCS = Camping Car Spécial (i think?)

Isn't this just the regular chassis that's fitted to most camping cars ?

If so then most rear air kits will fit or at least most suppliers will have a kit for your chassis

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

OP
OP
The Coops

The Coops

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 8, 2019
The Fylde
Funster No
MH
Adria Compact DL
Exp
Yes, thank you
Give AS Suspension at Warrington a ring.
I have and no reply looking on the website I think they may be closed as well, no rush as no one is going anywhere fast!

May 1, 2015
Caerphilly
Funster No
MH
Rapido C86 Auto
Exp
Since 2014
Can anyone point me in the right direction Pilote are closed for the virus, the dealership is closed etc, I am looking to fit air suspension on the rear of an A class Pilote on a CCS chassis, I had it on my previous van but that was on a Renault base and what a difference it made. I have looked at various websites advertising air suspension but can't find anything for the CCS . Any recommendations ( Not the £5000 plus ones!)

Had a text from Davan Caravans on the 7th of May to say that the Pilote factory has re-opened .

Patrick

Sep 28, 2015
Kingston upon Hull, East Yorkshire.
Funster No
MH
Hymer B544
Exp
2001 Caravans 2011 Motorhomes
I have and no reply looking on the website I think they may be closed as well, no rush as no one is going anywhere fast!
Well worth emailing them, Cath will get back to you. Excellent people to deal with, Cath and Phil.

Lenny HB

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 18, 2007
On the coast in West Sussex
Funster No
MH
Hymer B678 DL
Exp
Since 2008 & many years tugging
The main difference with the camping chassis is that it only has a single height box section compared to the normal double height one so the body sits lower. It has a wider rear track, beefed up springs, rear anti roll bar & a lower ratio diff.
I think the standard spring assisters will be fine.

OP
OP
The Coops

The Coops

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 8, 2019
The Fylde
Funster No
MH
Adria Compact DL
Exp
Yes, thank you
The main difference with the camping chassis is that it only has a single height box section compared to the normal double height one so the body sits lower. It has a wider rear track, beefed up springs, rear anti roll bar & a lower ratio diff.
I think the standard spring assisters will be fine.
Thank you I was wondering about the anti roll bar and had measured the height hence the question. I think I will see how we get on if we ever get to use it in anger this year.

Oct 7, 2011
hereford
Funster No
MH
Hymer A class
Exp
since 1980
Have a look at Aeon rubber spring assisstors.
Transformed my Merc Sprinter based van for about £100.
Huge ones are used on trains and carriages.
As the saying goes, 'does what it says on the can'
Very simple technology , but they work and no maintenance.
They are basically cylinders of rubber which replace the bump stops ,so are also very easy to fit.

Sep 13, 2020
Somewhere surrounded by sea
Funster No
MH
Pilote P740C
Exp
Since 1979
Hi AC/DC

We purchased and fitted this kit to our 2018 Pilote:
Whilst we haven't been too far noticed big difference with less body role and smoother ride as soon as we drove home!!

Fitted the pump in "electric cupboard" on nearside and the gauges/switch unit in gap behind drivers pillar and seat by habitation door - your Pilote maybe different of course!! :)

HTH

Take care and stay safe

Apr 3, 2019
UK
Funster No
MH
Burstner Travel Van
Exp
Few years now
I had air assist fitted by Tom from TL Tech just befor christmas. Came in at £470 fitted on my drive. I was going to do it myself, but for the sake of @ £100 I couldnt be bothered lying under the van. He fitted the air lines in a flexible conduit and fitted the gauges to the base of the seat.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back