I,m a total Pillock (Help appreciated) (1 Viewer)

alcorn54

Free Member
Nov 21, 2010
Co Durham
Funster No
MH
low profile
Exp
Well just spent the day off work getting everything checked out and working,so i can get away next weekend to the lakes. Everything working fine except that bloody water tripout thing from truma,had the heating on full blast for over an hour before I could get that button to stay in to test toilet shower taps etc. anyhow all ok and tested and re drained . Goes to clean out the garage oil key locks etc opened one door and went round other side opened other and what a bang,hadn't fasted the door back properly and the wind,(i live right on the top of a hill:Doh::Doh:) blew through the garage and opposite door slammed and wood interior liner/panel cracked right down the middle, Ive just replaced and repaired hinges to the same door last week.:cry::cry:
Outcome is Door frame bent :cry::cry:and I cant get it to to open on top lock no matter how much I try to adjust :Doh::cry:,Ive had to remove top inside latch completely. Does anyone know someone in the North east who could take door apart reline and square up please? It doesn't look too bad from outside but inside knacker-ed and frame loose on the inside. Alan :thumb:

peter marshall

Free Member
Mar 5, 2009
Cleveleys,Lancashire
Funster No
MH
Low Line
Exp
9 Years
Well just spent the day off work getting everything checked out and working,so i can get away next weekend to the lakes. Everything working fine except that bloody water tripout thing from truma,had the heating on full blast for over an hour before I could get that button to stay in to test toilet shower taps etc. anyhow all ok and tested and re drained . Goes to clean out the garage oil key locks etc opened one door and went round other side opened other and what a bang,hadn't fasted the door back properly and the wind,(i live right on the top of a hill:Doh::Doh:) blew through door slammed and wood panel cracked right down the middle.:cry::cry:
Door frame bent :cry::cry:and I cant get to to open on top lock no matter how much I try to adjust :Doh::cry:,Ive had to remove top inside latch completly. Anybody know someone in the North east who could take door apart reline and square up please? I doesn't look too bad from outside but inside knacker-ed and frame loose. Alan :thumb:

Hi Alan
Sounds like something I would do, I bought my van from Discover Darlington they have a good size workshop on site, Also there are a couple of mobile repairers on this site so they might be able to help. Pete. :thumb::thumb:

pablomc

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 20, 2010
Durham
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
Since 2009
I don't know of any independents which I assume you are probably looking for as a first option, but in addition to Discover at Darlington there is a Discover at Birtley, Brownhills at Birtley and Tyne Valley at Burnopfield.

Hope you get sorted. :thumb:

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

OP
OP
alcorn54

alcorn54

Free Member
Nov 21, 2010
Co Durham
Funster No
MH
low profile
Exp
Hi Alan
Sounds like something I would do, I bought my van from Discover Darlington they have a good size workshop on site, Also there are a couple of mobile repairers on this site so they might be able to help. Pete. :thumb::thumb:
Thanks Ill give them a call,used to be Burtree I believe..

GJH

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 20, 2007
Acklam, Teesside, originally Glossop
Funster No
MH
None, now sold
Exp
2006 to 2022
There's a small business on Skippers Lane Trading Estate, east of Middlesbrough which mainly concentrates on building horse boxes but also does some van conversions. I've only dealt with them a couple of times after they opened a retail camping shop (rather than had work done by them) but the guy who runs it seemed genuine. The company is Platinum Horse Box Builders - details Here.

Another place you could try is Link Removed at Stockton. Not sure what services they have beyond normal servicing but they probably have contacts and are a well established business.

OP
OP
alcorn54

alcorn54

Free Member
Nov 21, 2010
Co Durham
Funster No
MH
low profile
Exp
Thanks

There's a small business on Skippers Lane Trading Estate, east of Middlesbrough which mainly concentrates on building horse boxes but also does some van conversions. I've only dealt with them a couple of times after they opened a retail camping shop (rather than had work done by them) but the guy who runs it seemed genuine. The company is Platinum Horse Box Builders - details Here.

Another place you could try is Link Removed at Stockton. Not sure what services they have beyond normal servicing but they probably have contacts and are a well established business.
They sound just the people im looking for as they will build panels for there boxes . Thanks ill give them a call

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

OP
OP
alcorn54

alcorn54

Free Member
Nov 21, 2010
Co Durham
Funster No
MH
low profile
Exp
Do you know if there still up and running ?? tried the number a few times and its dead.?? Alan

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back