Toasting bread (1 Viewer)

vantastic

Free Member
Jun 25, 2019
Funster No
MH
Crafter xlwb
What do people use to toast bread? I don't want a mains powered toaster but something I can either put on the hob or in the oven. Probably hob actually, the oven takes a bit longer to heat up.

This kind of contraption is available on Amazon for £6 so it's worth a try but I wanted to ask if anyone else has already done the research into perfect toast on the go?
51zJeV760-L._AC_.jpg

Janine

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 22, 2007
A little bit left of Middle England
Funster No
MH
2006 A/S Nuevo
Exp
since 1988
What do people use to toast bread? I don't want a mains powered toaster but something I can either put on the hob or in the oven. Probably hob actually, the oven takes a bit longer to heat up.

This kind of contraption is available on Amazon for £6 so it's worth a try but I wanted to ask if anyone else has already done the research into perfect toast on the go?
51zJeV760-L._AC_.jpg
I bought one of those but I didn't find it to be very successful.

I seem to remember someone saying that they use their Ridge Monkey for toast?

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Mar 23, 2012
sleights
Funster No
MH
c class
Exp

51zJeV760-L._AC_.jpg
I bet your toast will never come out like that on one of those.
Landy Andy one looks a better bet

Jun 12, 2017
Telford
Funster No
MH
A class Pilote
Exp

51zJeV760-L._AC_.jpg

I bought one of those a while back and whilst it made toast the bread was completely dried out like cardboard,binned after first use.

Lightly butter the side to be toasted and use a frying pan as said above, then repeat for other side

Portland

Free Member
Oct 31, 2013
Conwy
Funster No
MH
C class
Exp
20 years
There's only one way to toast bread
A It must be fresh a unsliced bloomer, thick cut and then toasted using a copper toasting fork before a red hot blazing fire.
B Then spread with best Butter or as was our custom of a Saturday night with Browns dripping, salted to taste.
Oh ! happy days , nowadays being Celiac I cannot eat bread with gluten, barred from having Butter, and no longer have a.fire!!

Nov 4, 2011
Uk
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
We bought one of these when our grill was playing up, works so well we use it now instead of the grill, it toasts quicker.
Broken Link Removed

pappajohn

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 26, 2007
Dark side of the moon
Funster No
Exp
Since 2005
As already posted, the OP's original contraption is a no no

How about one of these (and a generator) ?

Or even when EHU - it's only £200 absolute bargain
Good value.... £50 for the toaster, £150 for the 5 year guarantee

Apr 11, 2015
hull
Funster No
MH
Laika Ecovip 300
Exp
since 1988 with breaks until 2009
I have used a non stick frying pan, get it really hot first then slap in your bread, turn when it has reached the right colour for you. (we do carry a small electric one for when on hook up. Not tried my ridge monkey but would imagine it is similar to the frying pan.

OP
OP
V

vantastic

Free Member
Jun 25, 2019
Funster No
MH
Crafter xlwb
I've tried the grill, pretty ok results but takes a bit of time.
I've tried frying pan, I'm not a fan of how it turns out.
Looks like I saved £6 by asking the question though so thanks for that!
I've actually used one of these before
go_331349_a

Pretty good results but you can only do one slice at the time.
Ridgemonkey looks to be for filled toasts, as in cheese toasties?
I've the batteries and the inverter to run a full size toaster but I'm trying to save space! ?

Kai Morrison

Free Member
Sep 19, 2019
Wiltshire
Funster No
MH
Weinsberg CaraLoft
Exp
1 year on

51zJeV760-L._AC_.jpg
I bought one of those....as has already been said doesn't work too well.....barely toasted at best.

Nasher

Free Member
May 6, 2016
Pontardawe
Funster No
MH
Pug Boxer
Exp
Since 2013
Not what the OP is looking for, but maybe useful for some

When I had my VW T5 space was obviously limited, I bought a halogen oven (240v required) which works well as an oven & grill but also makes great toast

Coolcats

LIFE MEMBER
Jan 24, 2019
Funster No
MH
HymerCar Ayres Rock
I bought one of those but I didn't find it to be very successful.

I seem to remember someone saying that they use their Ridge Monkey for toast?
Had one of those to use when Camping, it landed up being placed in the recycle box, maybe for some it works but did not find it worked well for me

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back