Free Member
Jul 26, 2007
Europe
Funster No
MH
yes
Exp
Since before Motorhomefun
I am option one with BT and already this month used 8.82gb of 10gb 1st till 31st January.

I don't download music but occasionally watch BBC and ITV players.

Another 5gb cost me another £5

Is my monthly usage a lot?

Got charged the extra £5 last month.

If I upgrade locked into a 24 month package I dont want as things are moving fast in BB world.

Jim

Ringleader
Jul 19, 2007
Sutton on Sea, UK
Funster No
MH
Adria Panel Van.
Exp
Since 1988
You can soon rack up your usage with the TV players John, if you are always over, its cheaper to go up a level than pay the "extras" as they are always punitive.

gozomike

Funster Life Member
LIFE MEMBER
Mar 16, 2010
Warwickshire - sometimes - but not often
Funster No
MH
Wildax Constellation
Exp
Since August 2008
Hi John. As Jim says watching TV will soon use up the allocation. Normaly I use about 1Gb a month but notice I have used around 3.5 so far this month, the difference, I looked at some of the Dakar Rally for a short while.

Mike

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

OP
OP
Road Runner

Road Runner

Free Member
Jul 26, 2007
Europe
Funster No
MH
yes
Exp
Stunned plugged in my 3 dongle and it worked well with just half the bars showing.

I will now follow others and let the land line and broadband lapse but locked if for a year or so still I think:Doh:

I want to be away as much as possible this year in the bus even if its just nearby to my storage area or the Welsh coast.

Peter JohnsCross MH

Funster
Deceased RIP
Jan 5, 2008
East Sussex
Funster No
MH
Autotrail
Exp
Stunned plugged in my 3 dongle and it worked well with just half the bars showing.

I will now follow others and let the land line and broadband lapse but locked if for a year or so still I think:Doh:

I want to be away as much as possible this year in the bus even if its just nearby to my storage area or the Welsh coast.

Dongles 'eat' data, when I am on the boat, it costs me about £3-50 a day and I don't download music, films or use Skype, just ebay, website, emails and forums, be warned. Vodaphone non expiring dongle £15 for 1gb

Trying to get a long range wireless pick up amplifier to work as there are a couple of free wi-fi spots near the marina:thumb:

Peter

JockandRita

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 2, 2007
Lincs/Cambs border
Funster No
MH
N+B Flair 8000i
Exp
Since May 05 (Ex Tuggers).
Hi John. As Jim says watching TV will soon use up the allocation. Normaly I use about 1Gb a month but notice I have used around 3.5 so far this month, the difference, I looked at some of the Dakar Rally for a short while.

Mike
Yep, me too John.

I am up to 6.59Gb already, as I've been catching up with Channel 4's Fish Fight, by Hugh Fearnley Whittingstall. I've never managed to go over my 10Gb limit yet though.

Cheers,

Jock.

Peter JohnsCross MH

Funster
Deceased RIP
Jan 5, 2008
East Sussex
Funster No
MH
Autotrail
Exp
Mention AOL and the @@@@ starts flying, I have AOL at home and in the office (home) run 3 pc's hard wired and three laptops on wireless, no problems, fast and generally reliable apart from the blasted BT phone line.

No download limits at all with three of us on the net and I watch Link Removed in the office for hours every evening.

You will no doubt have noticed Skys TV adverts taking the **** out of BT lately

Peter

pablomc

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 20, 2010
Durham
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
Since 2009
BT have to be one of the most expensive for BB.

Have a look at plusnet. Actually owned by BT, but cheaper. :winky:

OP
OP
Road Runner

Road Runner

Free Member
Jul 26, 2007
Europe
Funster No
MH
yes
Exp
How do I find out what I have used, please?

Type my BT into a search engine and hopefully it will open at the main BT site, register your phoneline and then go to billing, you would be amazed what is there and the breakdown of your bill.

Go to my phone or braodband and it's all there for you.

slobadoberbob

Free Member
Jun 1, 2009
Kent, garden of England
Funster No
MH
Winnebago 23' something
Exp
25 years & counting
Two points

First point vodafone dongel has to be used once every six months or it is wiped.. I still have £10 of my first £15 a year on.. Use it now and then on the RV.

Aol is as much as I like.. No limits... I have computers running 24/7 .. Often a couple at a time.. I pay £7.31p a month currently .. And I do watch bbc inplayer a bit on the iPad ... I have any time options on both my BT land lines which gives me day, night or weekends calls free plus 0870 and 0845 numbers.

I also have a reasonable amount of free time on my iphone4 .. I buy a sim card for £20 a month... Noticed to day for the same amount you get 900 minutes, ( was 600 mins) free text and 1 gb of BT openrange and of course free wifi...and extra now 0845 and 0870 numbers free.. That is not bad for £20 a month on a mobile.

Bob:thumb:

pappajohn

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 26, 2007
Dark side of the moon
Funster No
Exp
Since 2005
Mention AOL and the @@@@ starts flying, I have AOL at home and in the office (home) run 3 pc's hard wired and three laptops on wireless, no problems, fast and generally reliable apart from the blasted BT phone line.

No download limits at all with three of us on the net and I watch Link Removed in the office for hours every evening.

You will no doubt have noticed Skys TV adverts taking the **** out of BT lately

Peter
same here Peter and, like you, the BT landline is a total let down.

if it rains, the wet string (landline) gets too wet and sends our signal down the poles to earth instead of to AOL's web server so the 'unlimited' bit doesnt really apply.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back