Youngest Members? (1 Viewer)

A

Addie

Deleted User
I've been a member here for a while, but not really pro-active! Decided to re-kindle my account and through I'd post here to see if there are any other young members?

I'm 26 and my girlfriend is 22 - we've been touring Europe for two seasons and are planning an epic tour for 2011 to take in as much as we can over 12-18mts. We meet LOADS of people through travelling although mostly older but luckily we're 20 going on 50!

We've got an Adria Twin, having had a Compass Suntor and a CI 694 before settling on our 6m van conversion. It's perfect!

old-mo

Funster
Extra Special
LIFE MEMBER
Oct 16, 2008
Weymouth. Dorset...
Funster No
MH
Nearly aint got one.
Exp
Caravan & motorhome 45 + yrs
Hi and welcome from Devon..

Sounds like you have a nice trip in front of you..

You probably have got the accolade of being the youngest funster,,, but you only just beat me.. :thumb:

motor roamin

Funster
May 23, 2010
Leicester
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
2 mins
Welcome you may well be the youngest, sounds like you will be doing more miles than me as well.....I was 26 once onest guv, but alas now I have a grandson 25.

Good luck with your trip

Rick

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

bobandjanie

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 28, 2008
Javea, Spain
Funster No
MH
Pilote V600g
Exp
Hi Adam and Sophie,
Yep, should say you are the youngest official Funsters. Been ordered to leave your blog on the top tab as it is now our bedtime.....Yawn.... Jane and Bob :Smile:

From the quick look I had your blog looks great ::bigsmile:

Pat4Neil

Free Member
Sep 28, 2008
Essex
Funster No
MH
Mercedes
Exp
7 years
Hi and welcome to the Funsters, were most of us are young at heart, or try to be.

Great blog, funny enough I read it a few days ago, dont know where.

Enjoy our 12-18month travelling europe.

Pat

Dalek

Free Member
Apr 26, 2010
Norwich
Funster No
MH
Roller Team 600
Exp
18 months
Hi and Welcome to you both

jonandshell

Free Member
Dec 12, 2010
Norfolk
Funster No
MH
Not got one!
Exp
Since 2006
Hi Addie!

We are knocking on the door of 40 and we thought we were the youngest here!::bigsmile:

Welcome and happy travels!

-Jon and Shell

Mixter

Free Member
Dec 2, 2009
Keighley, West Yorkshire
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
Now a year - cant believe it!
Your itinery looks impressive for such a young age. :thumb: Can i ask, just how much you actually won on the lottery?:roflmto:

dylan

Free Member
Aug 31, 2007
sw wales
Funster No
MH
none
Exp
n/a
Welcome - most are young at heart here if not in body ! ::bigsmile:

scotjimland

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 25, 2007
Suffolk Coastal District, UK
Funster No
MH
Timberland
I'm 26 and my girlfriend is 22 - we've been touring Europe for two seasons and are planning an epic tour for 2011 to take in as much as we can over 12-18mts. We meet LOADS of people through travelling although mostly older but luckily we're 20 going on 50!

Hi, welcome .. you are probably far too sensible for this forum, most are 50+ going on 10 :roflmto:

Wish I were in my twenties again.. enjoy your adventures before getting tied down..

safe travels ..

Jim..

AdgeRas

Free Member
Sep 17, 2009
Bristol
Funster No
Exp
I just celebrated my 22nd birthday last wednesday, so I might still be the youngest, but as my partner is 52 you probably have the lowest average age for couples :roflmto::thumb:

And welcome to the forum by the way
:flyingwelcome:

Rasmus

OP
OP
A

Addie

Deleted User
Your itinery looks impressive for such a young age. :thumb: Can i ask, just how much you actually won on the lottery?:roflmto:

Ha! I wish, I've worked incredibly hard for the last ten years and will still be working while on the road on our trip! :)

Just managed to find a perfect stacking box combination for under the fixed bed on our Adria Twin so hopefully we won't need that roofbox!

johnpengers

Free Member
Nov 7, 2009
Somerset.
Funster No
MH
Concorde Liner
Exp
since 2005
Nope, we've never taken a hand out in our lives :)

Well said Mate,Why should you have ? a bit of hard work never hurt anybody no matter how old you are.Good luck to you both.

Regards,Johnpengers.:thumb:

rainbow chasers

Free Member
Oct 30, 2009
Mid Cornwall
Funster No
MH
Various
Exp
Just been browsing your blog - excellent pictures and well done both of you!

It brought back fond memories of eastern europe.

AdgeRas

Free Member
Sep 17, 2009
Bristol
Funster No
Exp
I am curious as to know how you are earning money while touring around?

I am from Denmark and I can see in your itinerary that you plan on going that way this year so I might be able to help with suggestions and advice about Denmark.

Rasmus

OP
OP
A

Addie

Deleted User
I am curious as to know how you are earning money while touring around?

I am from Denmark and I can see in your itinerary that you plan on going that way this year so I might be able to help with suggestions and advice about Denmark.

Rasmus

Any advice for Denmark (or any other countries mentioned in our blog) would be great!

I work in online marketing so anywhere there is an internet connection for me to check my e-mails I can do some work, I won't be doing a lot but there will be enough to hopefully cover the fuel costs at least while we are away.

Quite a few young people do something similar, there is a guy the same age as me who has a Hymer who designs iPhone apps: Link Removed

brodie

Free Member
Mar 12, 2010
South Yorkshire
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion
Exp
since 2008
I've been a member here for a while, but not really pro-active! Decided to re-kindle my account and through I'd post here to see if there are any other young members?

We've got an Adria Twin, having had a Compass Suntor and a CI 694 before settling on our 6m van conversion. It's perfect!

Hi

I am just 33! and my hubby is 35 we have had our motorhome for 2 1/2 years and we were completely new to all this and I suppose relatively on the young side.

The only difference is - well apart from a few years is that we have 3 kids (2, 5 & 9).

It doesn't matter your age or your circumstances as long as you get out of motorhoming what you want thats the main aim. :thumb:

What you are doing is fantastic though, you haven't got to worry about earning a certain amount to support children or have to be back for a particular date for work/schools you can't beat that.

Free spirits eh? mmmm, maybe in my next life. Good luck :thumb:

marymary

Free Member
Mar 15, 2010
mid wales/shrops border
Funster No
MH
Conversion
Exp
Returning newbie..
Hi and welcome and I'm wishing you both all the best, I wouldn't have been brave enough to do what you're doing when I was younger but for the last few years I've been braver and now have a motorhome and usually camp on my own or with one of my kids, 12 & 17 & I'm 45 but hubby is a real fair weather camper, doesn't mind it for a hol but not into weekends as he thinks its too much trouble.....I have a good bunch of camping buddies and onliners too.....:Cool::thumb:

the stig

Funster
Oct 10, 2009
Grimsby
Funster No
MH
RV
Exp
Since 2009
Hi Danny

I have just been reading yours and sophies blog, amazing, well done and very well written. Good luck for this years tour, I will follow with interest.

best regards
Andrea

and remember age is just a figure of speech!

Road Runner

Free Member
Jul 26, 2007
Europe
Funster No
MH
yes
Exp
Since before Motorhomefun
I am only 28:thumb:
'
'
'
'
'
'
'
'
'
'
'
'
'
'
'
'
'
'
'
'
'

'
'
'
'
'
'
'
'
'
'
'
'
'
X 2:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

OP
OP
A

Addie

Deleted User
Thanks for all the comments guys :)

We were going to go down the 'settling down route' but just couldn't bring ourselves to be tied down in one place so we thought why not just do it! :)

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back