fitting satelite socket to rapido 746 (1 Viewer)

Sep 25, 2009
south yorkshire
Funster No
MH
coachbuilt
Exp
since 2004. Tugger 10 years on and off
Hi. hope some one can help.i want to fit an external satelite socket to rapido746 . inside van there is a double socket with analogue & satelite. does anyone know if the satelite socket is already wired .i have emailed brownhills and still waiting for reply, this socket is over fridge alittle arkward to get to but its better than putting cable through window,

C.L.S

Trader - Service & Repairs
Jul 22, 2007
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
Not long enough
Best bet would be to remove the socket and see ifthere is wire at the back of plug , if so see if you can trace or follow its path

Mark

OP
OP
Masman
Sep 25, 2009
south yorkshire
Funster No
MH
coachbuilt
Exp
cant see any screws to remove socket. does the surroud clip off by putting screw driver under the edge, it looks a bit flimsy, dont want to break plastik.the socket is the dark brown one.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Heyupluv

Free Member
Oct 7, 2008
France,
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
touring many years..42+
Hi. hope some one can help.i want to fit an external satelite socket to rapido746 . inside van there is a double socket with analogue & satelite. does anyone know if the satelite socket is already wired .i have emailed brownhills and still waiting for reply, this socket is over fridge alittle arkward to get to but its better than putting cable through window,

Dave I am not quite sure what you are asking......but if there is not one already connected why not use something like this on Ebay

Link Removed

and replace your existing LNB with something like this

Link Removed

Or this

Link Removed

that means you could run two TVs on different channels...or run into two different rooms...Just a thought:Doh:

Mel

OP
OP
Masman
Sep 25, 2009
south yorkshire
Funster No
MH
coachbuilt
Exp
cheers mel. I have socket to do the job.just wanted to know .how to remove socket inside van.to see if it is already pre wired.cant see any screw to remove said socket.

Heyupluv

Free Member
Oct 7, 2008
France,
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
touring many years..42+
cheers mel. I have socket to do the job.just wanted to know .how to remove socket inside van.to see if it is already pre wired.cant see any screw to remove said socket.

Something like this

Link Removed

Over here in my French Narbonne accessories catalogue that is what they are like with a plastic cover over the top covering the screws
And Rapido is French !
Mel

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

peter marshall

Free Member
Mar 5, 2009
Cleveleys,Lancashire
Funster No
MH
Low Line
Exp
9 Years
Hi Dave
I fitted a maxview external double unit, one side for TV Ariel the other for satellite, 2 cables come through to the inside where you ever you fix the unit works well. Pete :thumb::thumb:

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back