"dave" on freeview but not freesat (1 Viewer)

Scout

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 4, 2009
South Yorkshire
Funster No
MH
chic c line
Exp
12 years motorhoming, a lifetime of living
is it my imagination, was "dave" on freesat an now its not ? or has it allways only been on freeveiw,

I seem to have lost either "it" or the the "plot" not sure which

Jun 2, 2010
Flintshire
Funster No
MH
Low profile
Exp
since 2010
I think it's only available on Freeview, I certainly can't get it on FReesat

OP
OP
Scout

Scout

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 4, 2009
South Yorkshire
Funster No
MH
chic c line
Exp
11th January....need to retune as the channels have all shifted!

just done that, still not there, looked on websites and it seems to be freeview only:Sad:

seems I cant get rid of the old freeview recorder after all, now ive got four remotes to find and try to work out

Jun 2, 2010
Flintshire
Funster No
MH
Low profile
Exp
since 2010
just done that, still not there, looked on websites and it seems to be freeview only:Sad:

seems I cant get rid of the old freeview recorder after all, now ive got four remotes to find and try to work out

You might like to keep freeview for the QUEST channel on channel 38.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Satandpcguy

Funster
Jun 18, 2008
Gandia, Valencia, Spain
Funster No
MH
Don't own one yet
Exp
None
Correcto. Dave has been on Freeview, NEVER on Freesat (and probably will not ever as it gets some income from the subscription!), and Pay / Sky on satellite.

And a rescan may be of use: ITV1+1 launched today, and ITV rejigged some of its frequencies and numbers....

You can get ITV1+1 nice and easy with a skuy card, by using ITV1+1 West which is on freq 11973 (if you need to add it to your sky other channels list) and like the ITVCentrals on there requires a sky crd to view

OP
OP
Scout

Scout

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 4, 2009
South Yorkshire
Funster No
MH
chic c line
Exp
Correcto. Dave has been on Freeview, NEVER on Freesat (and probably will not ever as it gets some income from the subscription!), and Pay / Sky on satellite.

And a rescan may be of use: ITV1+1 launched today, and ITV rejigged some of its frequencies and numbers....

You can get ITV1+1 nice and easy with a skuy card, by using ITV1+1 West which is on freq 11973 (if you need to add it to your sky other channels list) and like the ITVCentrals on there requires a sky crd to view

so are FREEview and FREEsat not run by the came company, I just assumed they were one and the same?

niggle

Banned - Rule 1
Banned
Aug 5, 2010
SOUTH AND FRANCE
Funster No
MH
A CLASS
Exp
::bigsmile: the reason that some of the channells have been jiged with is the up/down link station is under repair and building restructer [ building works ] new main frame being put in ,,i park m/h home at same site,, they have been at it since before xmas::bigsmile:

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Satandpcguy

Funster
Jun 18, 2008
Gandia, Valencia, Spain
Funster No
MH
Don't own one yet
Exp
None
so are FREEview and FREEsat not run by the came company, I just assumed they were one and the same?

No.
They are two seperate companies.
One for terrestrial and one for extraterrestrial.
I understand that Freesat is a BBC / ITV venture, and Freeview is jointly run by its five equal shareholders, BBC, ITV, Channel 4, Sky and transmitter operator Arqiva.

FreeSAT was to help those areas that can not get Freeview reception) about 85% of the UK cannot get Freeview reception), so everyone has at least the basic UK TV channels.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back