Free Member
Nov 16, 2009
Stockport
Funster No
MH
5th Wheel
Exp
3rd year 5ver
We keep our Kountrylite in the front garden. We live on a busy A road. I struggled for some time backing the unit in. Once on the drive I can't turn round because of limited space and I use the Navara solo so must unhitch in a tight space if I chicken out and drive straight in.

Eventually Calder imported a mover for us from California. This works quite well although I admit there's some effort in using it.

I'd like to know whether there are any other 5ver mover users out there & how useful you've found it!

Attachments

• Wales et al 077.jpg
    Wales et al 077.jpg
    119 KB · Views: 104

old-mo

Funster
Extra Special
LIFE MEMBER
Oct 16, 2008
Weymouth. Dorset...
Funster No
MH
Nearly aint got one.
Exp
Caravan & motorhome 45 + yrs
With the space you have there, I would be inclined to take that section of metal fence out to the post & and maybe the next one as well. Which will give you a nice wide entrance onto your property.. :thumb:

Thats what I had done,, we had two brick pillars and reversing in I had about three inches either side of the RV,, I now have a 16ft opening and it`s a doddle even with one of our big trailers on the back.. See my avtar..

Wish I had the level land you have in your front to shunt around on.. mine is about a 1in 4 drop.. :Sad:

OP
OP
davidjones

davidjones

Free Member
Nov 16, 2009
Stockport
Funster No
MH
5th Wheel
Exp
3rd year 5ver
With the space you have there, I would be inclined to take that section of metal fence out to the post & and maybe the next one as well. Which will give you a nice wide entrance onto your property.. :thumb:

Thats what I had done,, we had two brick pillars and reversing in I had about three inches either side of the RV,, I now have a 16ft opening and it`s a doddle even with one of our big trailers on the back.. See my avtar..

Wish I had the level land you have in your front to shunt around on.. mine is about a 1in 4 drop.. :Sad:

Thanks! I'll think about that. Perhaps I'll end up finding some kind farmer with some space.

My mover works OK but it's rated at 110v 60Hz & doesn't like my 50Hz transformer.
:Eeek:

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

IanH

Free Member
Apr 6, 2008
Cornwall
Funster No
MH
5th wheel
Exp
i would go for removing the fence to the rear of your truck in the photo and put in a couple of metal gates and a few slabs.

Thinking it's better to have the 5er on your own property for security

Ian

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back