Money arrives March so we are relaxed well I am

Jun 25, 2016
Ynys Môn, UK
Funster No
MH
2016 Benimar 243
Exp
Since 2016
We have had a Mileo 243 for a few months now and are very pleased with it, only gripe is the table, which has a central fixed pillar and the top can swivel and slide, but it too low and you catch your thighs under it.
As for build quality, I find it excellent, but as a 1st timer haven't got much to compare with.
Good value for money, got quite a discount, lots of standard items which seem to be extra on other makes.
Only Marquis selling them, but there are 11 branches.

Oct 20, 2010
Burry Port South Wales
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
Since 2003
Passed the factory this morning, there were plenty of shiny new vans awaiting delivery. (y)
Cheers
Ed

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Reactions: f6c

Howard H

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 10, 2015
West Lancashire
Funster No
MH
Benimar mileo 294
I have the mileo 294 and find the build quality good and they are really well equipped for the money . I have to agree with everything Ratcatchers says about them especially the table .

Nov 6, 2013
East Sussex
Funster No
MH
Hymer B574DL
Exp
Since 2011 (tugger for 20 before that)
Supposed to be a good van but the huge downside is that they are only sold in the U.K. by the Marquis group. Great for sales but failing miserably in after sales service.
Best to import one from Spain. Would be cheaper too (y)

Dec 1, 2015
South Wales
Funster No
MH
Low profile Coachbuilt
Exp
Twenty years
We have a Mileo 286 bought through Marquis of Tewkesbury, always found them good to deal with and at after sales too. Reading some complaints of different Marquis outlets and praises of others, seems to show standards do vary.
We find the build quality good and most extras you have to pay for with other Marques, are all in the price with Benimar as standard.
It is inevitable you will get a few little niggling things go wrong, but that applies to all makes, being hand built.

We are very pleased with our MH, so good luck whichever one you choose, I would advise going to the NEC to have a good look at all the Benimar models on display, they are good value.

Regards DelMar.

Huwmari

Free Member
Jul 26, 2013
Cornwall
Funster No
MH
Benimar Mileo 201
Exp
since Apr 2013
We have had a Benimar Mileo 201 since April this year and are very pleased with it. The fixed bed with adjustable height, large kitchen worktop, good-size oven, roomy bathroom and huge garage, all within 6m length is amazing. Add in the spacious lounge seating and you have a very comfortable van which is parkable in most car parking spaces. The only real drawback is the table - we find it complicated and awkward to adjust. (Must get the book out and try a bit harder!) Since April we have done over 7000 miles (UK, France and Italy) and will clock up a few hundred more before the end of the year. The extras included in the price make it very good value. Our Marquis branch in Plymouth have given very good service although the van was delivered late. Order well ahead if you decide to have one.

Tezza

Free Member
Sep 6, 2008
South Wales
Funster No
MH
Benimar Mileo 286
Exp
around 26 years
Does that mean your first one fell apart and was replaced or happy and bought a newer model?

I'm guessing the second option as the build seems very good but never assume

Howard H

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 10, 2015
West Lancashire
Funster No
MH
Benimar mileo 294
Our Benimar 294 is just 11 months old and we have only just had our first problem the reversing camera is just showing a blue screen nothing else but not to bothered as we had a better two lens version fitted . All in all very pleased with the van.

May 7, 2011
Cornwall Gorran Haven
Funster No
MH
T Line 785
Exp
motorhoming since 1979
the Tessoro range looks reasonable for the price ,similar to the Mileo range but with less extra's.

Jan 1, 2017
eastbourne
Funster No
MH
van conversion, Peug
Exp
4 years
Just into our new Benimar 243 and echo the table issue. Great practice for Jenga and Rubiks cube though....
Door handles on habitation door can be tricky though.......

Jan 1, 2017
eastbourne
Funster No
MH
van conversion, Peug
Exp
4 years
Have a look at the fabulous fix for the table one funster has done, search for benimar on all forums and it comes up first

SteveG

Free Member
Dec 22, 2014
NW England
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
We took delivery of our new Tessoro 494 in March, our second van. First was an Elddis 175, OH wanted a fixed bed . We love the 494 the fixed table was a no no though. We had it taken out and use a removable one. Loads of room in the front dinette now. Build quality is good, gas/electric heating is great. Looking forward to lots of adventures in it, had 3 trips so far.

jacksbus

Free Member
Jan 27, 2020
westmeath, Ireland
Funster No
MH
benimar mileo 282
Exp
5years
We have a Benimar Mileo 282 and have to say we wouldn't swap it for any other motorhome we have been in. A few niggly problems but all were fixed rapidly. As I said, We Love it.

irnbru

LIFE MEMBER
Jun 27, 2013
Glasgow
Funster No
MH
Benimar 264
Exp
11 yrs
We are the unlucky ones, ours is leaking. I actually wouldn’t say the build quality is great. Little screws, rails falling off but I’d have to say except the leak they are good value for money. Spare wheel and a 150w solar panel come as standard on the mileo range. We moved the table on ours.

cts1975

Free Member
Sep 4, 2016
Cheshire
Funster No
MH
Just Looking
Exp
I'ma newbie
When I was buying last year I visited the shows and both Rollerteam and Benimar seemed to have the most bits falling of them on the inside. Mainly draw latches and trim edgings on worktops all seemed to be coming away from the correct fittings. I wonder how a day on display at the NEC translates into regular use from a new owner in terms of opening and closes doors/draws etc.

Howard H

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 10, 2015
West Lancashire
Funster No
MH
Benimar mileo 294
As an owner of a Benimar 294 all I can say is I would have no problem in buying another . We bought it brand new when they first came out because they where so well equipped, that was in December 2015 and besides a cracked shower tray sorted it’s been faultless. The shower tray was sorted eventually under warranty. These vans are not really for people wanting a 3500 kg version they are heavy and don’t give a great payload (similar to many other makes I believe ) mine is 3850 kg so ok not great but ok . So all in all I am pleased with it .
Last year we spent 3 months in the canary isles with 17 other vans 4 of them had problems and they cost a lot more money than mine ? so I guess you pay your money and takes your chance .

Apr 19, 2019
Funster No
MH
Carado T339
Exp
5 years
We had a mileo 201 for 2 years. We really loved it but the build quality was a bit suspect. Great value and great layout. Few things fell apart though and as previous have said, marquis were very poor in the first year. They did get a bit better. We sold it to get a bigger van. It's a carado. The build quality is better then the benimar but you get less for your money.

thebriars

Free Member
Oct 20, 2018
Teesside
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
Since 1990
I think that after 4 years the OP should have already decided what to buy. :imoutahere:

thebriars

Free Member
Oct 20, 2018
Teesside
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
Since 1990
Be kind , its the previous posters first post:winky: most probably not used to the site.
Why, they said the build quality was suspect. :cautious: My Benimar is very well built, and compared to the crappy Elddis I had .......

irnbru

LIFE MEMBER
Jun 27, 2013
Glasgow
Funster No
MH
Benimar 264
Exp
11 yrs
Why, they said the build quality was suspect. :cautious: My Benimar is very well built, and compared to the crappy Elddis I had .......
So they aren’t entitled to their opinion then just because it’s not the same as yours.

There are some folk that don’t post because they are scared to do so, ....I wonder why:rolleyes:

thebriars

Free Member
Oct 20, 2018
Teesside
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
Since 1990
So they aren’t entitled to their opinion then just because it’s not the same as yours.

There are some folk that don’t post because they are scared to do so, ....I wonder why:rolleyes:
Perhaps then you ought to look at the irony in your posts.

WESTY66

LIFE MEMBER
Jun 17, 2017
South Yorkshire
Funster No
MH
Carthago Chic C-Line
Exp
All the gear, and no idea!
I have to say I agree with you, I’ve spent some time In and around Howard H ’s Moho and it is indeed very well put together, I think that’s why they could be a tad on the heavy side! Just my $0.02’s worth?

thebriars

Free Member
Oct 20, 2018
Teesside
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
Since 1990
I have to say I agree with you, I’ve spent some time In and around Howard H ’s Moho and it is indeed very well put together, I think that’s why they could be a tad on the heavy side! Just my $0.02’s worth?
One reason they are heavy is because all the normal extras and what most other manufacturers class as "option packs" are included as standard. A full sized spare wheel and tools are included, as are such things as rear steadies. Removing the rear steadies saved 35kg, though I wouldn't be without the spare wheel. Benimar are very clear about what is included in the weight.

Jul 5, 2013
Tunbridge Wells, Tunbridge Wells, UK
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
Since 2013
One reason they are heavy is because all the normal extras and what most other manufacturers class as "option packs" are included as standard. A full sized spare wheel and tools are included, as are such things as rear steadies. Removing the rear steadies saved 35kg, though I wouldn't be without the spare wheel. Benimar are very clear about what is included in the weight.
35kg for a pair of rear steadies!! Were they made of cast iron or concrete? ::bigsmile:

The Alko ones we had before were about 4kg for both.

R

Robert Clark

Deleted User
35kg for a pair of rear steadies!! Were they made of cast iron or concrete? ::bigsmile:

The Alko ones we had before were about 4kg for both.
Maybe it’s 3.5kg?

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back