Jan 29, 2009
Milton Keynes Bucks
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
Had 2 RV from 2003
Has anyone had or got a Garmin 205W Automotive GPS Receiver,
Would like to know if they are any good,ie good or bad ?????
Thanks all and all the Best for 2011 :Cool:

Terry

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 27, 2007
Lincolnshire
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
Can't remember ;)
I have one - no probs at all :thumb: Recommend it to anyone :thumb: Got mine off ebay seller for about 70 quid - Turned out to be off a local-ish main Toyota dealers -I looked into lots -AGAIN THE NEWER MORE EXPENSIVE MODELS USED THE SAME CHIP-SET-so basically the same but with different names :ROFLMAO:
terry

Feb 4, 2010
Mid. Glamorgan, S. Wales
Funster No
MH
Motorhutch / Toy Camper
Exp
Since 2010
I've got a 255W, which I think is the same as the 205W except for extra maps? First sat-nav I've used, so can't compare, but it's been pretty good....which has got to be better than my navigation efforts :Blush:

Biggest complaint so far - don't pick the "use least fuel" navigation option unless you like being sent down B-roads...or worse. Took me a while to work that one out, and meanwhile I found myself in places like this...

Where am I?

and the road looked in an even worse state :Eeek:. The clue was in the little blue sign which says "Unsuitable for vehicles" :Doh:...although looking at Google Maps now I probably could have made it through.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

steveclecy

Free Member
Jun 10, 2009
Wirral
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
Since June 2009
Thanks for the good wishes for 2011 and they are returned to you and all Funsters.

Like Neil, we have the Garmin 255W, so cannot really comment on your model, but my experience of Garmins have been very good (save for a duff "Grade A" model originally supplied).

They do exactly what you want and I echo what Neil says about options chosen. Use them for what they are, an aid to navigation but never throw away your maps or lose your common sense by following them blindly.

Regards

Steve

Forestboy

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 31, 2007
Forest of Dean
Funster No
MH
A Class Hymer B694 tag
Exp
Yes we've used one and the newer 255 both been brilliant combined use over 100'000 miles.
Also got the Garmin Zumo on the motorbike equally as good and far superior to TT IMHO::bigsmile:

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back