Free Member
Dec 13, 2008
south yorkshire, Benidorm
Funster No
MH
low profile
Exp
4 years
Fancy going down to watch the last three stages this year, Alp De Heuz 22nd July,Time Trial Grenoble 23rd and the final stage into Paris on the 24th anybody else there ?

Free Member
Dec 3, 2009
surrey
Funster No
MH
hymer A class
Exp
since 2010
Fancy going down to watch the last three stages this year, Alp De Heuz 22nd July,Time Trial Grenoble 23rd and the final stage into Paris on the 24th anybody else there ?

complete novice to this but i am interested more info please

weekenders

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 30, 2008
Leicestershire
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
15 years
We have watched the start at Strassbourg a few years ago and last year we stayed on an Aire at Maruiel sur Auy parked right at the side of a canal, and biked into Epernay at one of the stages, it was so hot.
We will not be watching this year as going to europe earlier this year and taking our dog on the tunnel.

When does the tour start this year?

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

sedge

Funster
Jul 7, 2009
Nr Jct 3 M6
Funster No
MH
C class
Exp
Aug 09 to date 9,000 miles!
Well I don't see how you can physically get from one to the other and get in place to see consecutive stages in the time available?

Isn't it the Alpe d'Huez they (Eurosport) always reckon you need to be up the top about a week beforehand?

OP
OP
kickstart

kickstart

Free Member
Dec 13, 2008
south yorkshire, Benidorm
Funster No
MH
low profile
Exp
4 years
Well I don't see how you can physically get from one to the other and get in place to see consecutive stages in the time available?

Isn't it the Alpe d'Huez they (Eurosport) always reckon you need to be up the top about a week beforehand?

Yes Jenny you do if you want to be at the roadside but there are campsites nearby I am told,the time trial the folowing day is round Grenoble,wich is only an hour away then its 4 hours to Paris for the last stage.

slobadoberbob

Free Member
Jun 1, 2009
Kent, garden of England
Funster No
MH
Winnebago 23' something
Exp
25 years & counting
having watched the Le Tour

Having watched it come through Tunbridge Wells twice... here it comes..... there it goes...I prefer to watch it in the comfort of the armchair and see all the stages on TV. most of us really want to see the last few kilometers with the sprints to the line.. Or the King of the Mountains.. which due to the way the riders/teams deal with the challange means only tv can allow you to see all the drama rather than a small break away passing followed by the rest of the riders.

I can understand the feeling of being in the middle of it.. but when we had the shop in Tunbridge Wells on the route, it was a bit of a let down and boy did we lose business due to our wonderful police closing the town down all day and barriers across most of the cross roads..caused havoc and hell.. but I will watch it on TV as I have said.. love it..

Bob:whatthe:

Stephen & Jeannie

Free Member
Aug 27, 2008
Gobowen near Oswestry !!
Funster No
MH
Sold and bought a Caravan
Exp
9 years !!!!
Bumpy Ride !!

I see the start is at the Passage du Gois !!! I wonder if they will be riding on the slippery cobbles...That could be a bit painful !! :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO:

Jim

Ringleader
Jul 19, 2007
Sutton on Sea, UK
Funster No
MH
Adria Panel Van.
Exp
Since 1988

Thats right, the few days camping before the riders pass by is the reason for going:thumb: The bikes passing is just a good beginning of the end of the large, loud party::bigsmile:

Stephen & Jeannie

Free Member
Aug 27, 2008
Gobowen near Oswestry !!
Funster No
MH
Sold and bought a Caravan
Exp
9 years !!!!
What a bummer !!

Just checked out the route and they are going across the cobbles !! When I went across in the MH stuff fell out of various lockers !!! :Eeek: :Eeek: :Eeek:

Oct 27, 2007
Near Dartford
Funster No
MH
Hymer
Exp
Since 2005
We watched the Grand Depart, the first stage and a mountain stage this year.

Saw all the teams and riders on the time trial and on the mountain stage saw all the cuts and bruises close up including an Astana team member sliding right by :ROFLMAO:

Its a great atmosphere and if you can join the orange army of the Dutch - Boy do they know how to party:ROFLMAO:

Sonja

Feb 9, 2008
SW Scotland
Funster No
MH
LP Coachbuilt
Exp
Since 2008 after caravanning for 20 years
I caught some stages a few years ago and still believe it's one of the most fantastic sights in any sport. Okay, you can see more from the comfort of your armchair but the atmosphere at the roadside is incredible. I recommend it to anyone who has the chance to go, it's party time when the caravan comes through.

Bill

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back