Sargent ec325 driving me mad ??? (1 Viewer)

georgie boy

Free Member
Nov 6, 2010
liverpool
Funster No
MH
Concorde charisma
Exp
hi all been going mad with my electrics all day, got a auto trial cheyenne 2007 had it for just over 3 years and had nothing but problems with the electrics, its fitted with the sargent ec325 which has had melting wires ect ect the latest problem is this , we have 2 leisure batterys deep cell which are 115 they were fitted about six months ago and worked fine for a while but now their not holding any charge, we have been using a small honda gen for about the last six months when are batteries have gone flat, but now even after we have been on a good run as soon as we put the tv and lights on we only get about ten minutes befor the tv goes of and the lights flicker , but if we turn over to vehicle battery its ok , but we carnt us the vehicle battery for too long as we would flattten it and would not be able to start the engine, so we have to keep jumping out to put the gennie on every time we pull over or park for a while, when the gennie is on all the 12v are working perfect, but when we turn of gennie, back to 10 mins before all goes dim again , so the gennie isnt charging the batteries also when we hook to electrics this isnt charging up the batteries, is their a seperate charger anywere or is it built into the ec325 ??

Last edited:

pappajohn

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 26, 2007
Dark side of the moon
Funster No
Exp
Since 2005
i think its an integrated charger/power supply unit

Link Removed

seems odd the charger module is in short supply....maybe due to mass failure

OP
OP
georgie boy

georgie boy

Free Member
Nov 6, 2010
liverpool
Funster No
MH
Concorde charisma
Exp
any idea were i would find it to check it ????

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Last edited:
OP
OP
georgie boy

georgie boy

Free Member
Nov 6, 2010
liverpool
Funster No
MH
Concorde charisma
Exp
yes exactly what i thought when i went onto the sargent website, its been saying waiting for new ec325s for the past 6 months but havent seen many ec325 probs on forums ?? wonder if they are fitting ec325 to new motorhomes ??:winky:

bob and jules

Free Member
May 27, 2009
Goosnargh Lancashire
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
Feb 2009
Yes they are........... 2010 Autotrail Chieftain and I'm on my third EC325.

Shortage explained, I think !!

OP
OP
georgie boy

georgie boy

Free Member
Nov 6, 2010
liverpool
Funster No
MH
Concorde charisma
Exp
hi sorry to hear your on your 3rd must be driving you crazy, hopefully your motorhome is still under warranty :Sad:

Terry

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 27, 2007
Lincolnshire
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
Can't remember ;)
Are Sargent not members on here ? Try PM ing them to see state of play- Personally if the units are going tits up all the time I would be looking at a different control unit :thumb:
It can not be doing there reputation any good at all :whatthe: They may even reply on the open forum just to reassure you they have fixed the problem they are having ::bigsmile: sounds bad - melting wires
terry
EDIT Just noticed Jim's post on a camper on fire - suspected cause electrical problem ! Chester and Liverpool are not that far apart - hope it was not yours Georgie boy

sargent

Free Member
Jan 4, 2011
Funster No
Ec325

We have not monitored this web site before but we can be reached by email support@sargentltd.co.uk

Please give me a call on the Sargent Technical Support line 01482 678981 and I will try to assist you.

Kind Regards,

Clive

OP
OP
georgie boy

georgie boy

Free Member
Nov 6, 2010
liverpool
Funster No
MH
Concorde charisma
Exp
no it wasnt mine thank god, were are parked up in morcambe awaiting arrival of replacement blackberry phone which also decided to give us greif fore the new year, but nice and cosy with gennie going and wife happy with tv reception :thumb:

williat1

Free Member
Jan 30, 2008
Pontrhydyfen, South Wales
Funster No
MH
Lowline
Exp
since 2001
Sargent after sales service.

Hi,

I've nothing to do with Sargent but can only comment on their service which I found to be excellent.

I had a Swift Kontiki fitted with one of their charging units which developed a fault well outside the warranty. They gave me excellent advice and for a reasonable charge repaired my unit and returned it VERY promptly overnight.

Regards
Williat1

grumps147

LIFE MEMBER
Jun 6, 2010
St.Helens
Funster No
MH
Between
Exp
MH 12 yrs -Tent/Caravan 49 years
We have not monitored this web site before but we can be reached by email support@sargentltd.co.uk

Please give me a call on the Sargent Technical Support line 01482 678981 and I will try to assist you.

Kind Regards,

Clive

Thanks Clive,
my Apache is in the sick bay at the dealers having one replaced right now. Its still under warranty but if the problems persist its useful to have your number.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back