Planning for Italy-help please. (1 Viewer)

MikeandCarolyn

Free Member
Mar 18, 2008
Worle,North Somerset
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
Since 2009
we're starting planning for a 3 mth trip to Italy starting Mid March-I've ordered the 'Guida Camper' for the aires,and will be ordering 'Fattore Amico 2011' soon.
Can any one suggest any other 'must haves' ::bigsmile: and point me in the direction of POI's for LPG in Italy and any other POI's like the aires etc. Is there perhaps a website like Campingcar-info.fr ??

Thanks,in anticipation,Mike.

movan

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 2, 2009
Moving around
Funster No
MH
Burstner
Exp
since07
Yep, another must have, if Carolyn doesn't mind, is a woman called Movan.... oh, Italy sounds divine. Hope you have a good holiday.

Sure someone will come along with more practical mustavs in a minute.:Smile:

Carol

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 2, 2007
North Wales.
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
18 years s Motorhome (33years caravans)
Can't help with the the books mentioned but we spent a month there and would say take as much food with you as you can because it is considerably more expensive than here, must have's for me would be camping cheques and ACSI card both very good value and out of season no problem finding these site. Have you been before, if not and can manage to fit in a visit to Assisi. Also if you have read the book Under the Tuscan Sun for seen the film, well worth making a trip to Cortona and there after a steep climb we were told we could stay on the car park below the walled hill town, we stayed 2 night with magic views. You can not but enjoy Italy it is a beautiful country and we found the people very friendly and helpful. Another trip you have to be quite brave to do but so worth it is visit Cinque Terre, if you have not come across it I would google it, we managed to wild camp for 5 nights but there is a Aire at one of the villages and also a camp site but that would only be alright for one or two nights as it had no views. Have a wonderful time.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

scotjimland

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 25, 2007
Funster No
MH
A Woosh bang
Hi Mike ,

I created a Google map of Sostas , Here
(There are several pages to the map)

I can upload the POI file if you tell me what format you require

Edit

just attached the TT POIs ..

Attachments

• Sostas TT.zip
    1.2 KB · Views: 16
Last edited:
OP
OP
MikeandCarolyn

MikeandCarolyn

Free Member
Mar 18, 2008
Worle,North Somerset
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
Since 2009
Hi Mike ,

I created a Google map of Sostas , Here
(There are several pages to the map)

I can upload the POI file if you tell me what format you require

Thx Jim-have bookmarked Map-not used google maps before-it all seems to be on one page ?
Can you explain the 'several pages' as I'm technologically challenged by that lol.
POI's in Mio or Navman format would be great :thumb:

Mike

scotjimland

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 25, 2007
Funster No
MH
A Woosh bang
Thx Jim-have bookmarked Map-not used google maps before-it all seems to be on one page ?
Can you explain the 'several pages' as I'm technologically challenged by that lol.
POI's in Mio or Navman format would be great :thumb:

Mike

Hi

Scroll down to the bottom of the index on the left .. you will see Google 1,2,3 4 etc

I hope i gave the correct link in my first post , if not here it is again

Google Map Sostas

Attachments

• GarminSostas.zip
    1.2 KB · Views: 14
OP
OP
MikeandCarolyn

MikeandCarolyn

Free Member
Mar 18, 2008
Worle,North Somerset
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
Since 2009
camping cheques and ACSI card both very good value and out of season no problem finding these site.
Another trip you have to be quite brave to do but so worth it is visit Cinque Terre, Have a wonderful time.

I assume the 'bravery' is required for Mountains ? I had a baptism in Rhone Alps last Sept and am getting there-slowly lol. I find the descent more scairy than the ascent.

We have ACSI and CC already and find them both invaluable-good to see their worth confirmed. :thumb:

Thx Mike

OP
OP
MikeandCarolyn

MikeandCarolyn

Free Member
Mar 18, 2008
Worle,North Somerset
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
Since 2009
Hi
Scroll down to the bottom of the index on the left .. you will see Google 1,2,3 4 etc

Ah,gottit-the index covers several pages :thumb:
I assume one has to be online to use this map ? What's the score on Internet access in Italy-is it similar to France ?

Mike.

scotjimland

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 25, 2007
Funster No
MH
A Woosh bang
Ah,gottit-the index covers several pages :thumb:
I assume one has to be online to use this map ? What's the score on Internet access in Italy-is it similar to France ?

Mike.

Yes , you need to be on line.. so it's worth doing a bit of home work . You could put them to Autoroute (if you have it )..

Sorry can't help with internet in Italy ..

ps .. I uploaded the POIs in the previous post

tommytli

Funster
May 26, 2009
lancashire
Funster No
MH
coach built
Exp
since july 07
i dont know if these are the same as posted, i think i got them from here not sure and can say the TT ones worked fine for me.

sorry they wont upload file exceeds max allowed send me your email and i will send them

Jul 28, 2008
Wiltshire, UK
Funster No
MH
Ducato Sportivo
Exp
Since 2005! 2000+ nights so far...
Hi

We did a similar 3mth trip. Our route & blog on our site. Also we have logged all our GPS for wildcamping and aires.
Guidacamper and Bordatlas are the best to use IMO for Italy.

Diary here http://www.doyourdream.co.uk/trip-reviews-and-details/trip-03-italy-switzerland/preparation/ and our GPS points here http://www.doyourdream.co.uk/resources-downloads/campsite-aires-and-wild-camping-database/

Also rememebr we have autoroute and tomtom POIs on our site for aires, ACSI, BA etc as well as LPG.

May be of use.

Jul 28, 2008
Wiltshire, UK
Funster No
MH
Ducato Sportivo
Exp
Since 2005! 2000+ nights so far...
Hi

I hope i gave the correct link in my first post , if not here it is again

Google Map Sostas

Looks great!

Where did the source come from and does it refer to a book or something? It'd be nice to know which ones cost and which ones have what facilities.

Is there a key maybe for the names?

Bookmarked it :)

scotjimland

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 25, 2007
Funster No
MH
A Woosh bang
Looks great!

Where did the source come from and does it refer to a book or something? It'd be nice to know which ones cost and which ones have what facilities.

Is there a key maybe for the names?

Bookmarked it :)

Thanks

Sorry, can't recall where I downloaded the POIs, probably the Pirate bay :roflmto:
that's all the info I have.. will have another sniff about

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back