GeorgeTelford

Deleted User
Gas attack debunk from the Royal college of anaesthetists

Link Removed

R

RockieRV

Deleted User
Good post George, thank you.

Echoes our thoughts entirely - nice to see a report on the subject., rather than heresay.

Road Runner

Free Member
Jul 26, 2007
Europe
Funster No
MH
yes
Exp
Since before Motorhomefun
Strangely enough I was robbed in Spain.

Hmmmm maybe i am a liar:RollEyes:

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

OP
OP
G

GeorgeTelford

Deleted User
Hi John

That article does not say that people are not robbed, only that the R College do not believe that any gas exists capable of commiting robberies with....

Road Runner

Free Member
Jul 26, 2007
Europe
Funster No
MH
yes
Exp
Really well me and the other ten or so camping vehicle that were robbed must have all be dead tired:Doh::cry:

You must be right though:winky:

Jim

Ringleader
Jul 19, 2007
Sutton on Sea, UK
Funster No
MH
Adria Panel Van.
Exp
Since 1988
Nice one GT, I have read articles by individual anaesthetists that dismissed the gas attacks, but a statement by the Royal college of anaesthetists has put that old perrenial to bed for good (with a bit of luck:winky:)

Geo

Trader - Funster
Jul 29, 2007
Mansfield,Notts
Funster No
MH
Autotrail Tracker FB
Exp
45 +years with breaks
Gas attack debunk from the Royal college of anaesthetists

Link Removed
Whilst I agree with the sentiments of this report I am suspicious of its origins,I have read it or others like it, almost word for word, and the date at the bottom keeps changing???
Geo

OP
OP
G

GeorgeTelford

Deleted User
Hi Geo

But this is on the Royal College website, the other I believe was a letter or eamil being quoted.

George

Road Runner

Free Member
Jul 26, 2007
Europe
Funster No
MH
yes
Exp
Nice one GT, I have read articles by individual anaesthetists that dismissed the gas attacks, but a statement by the Royal college of anaesthetists has put that old perrenial to bed for good (with a bit of luck:winky:)

So we were very tired then?

Caravan club paid out as robbery with violence because our loss was above the limit they allowed for straight loss.

I find it very arrogant of others to suggest it's a myth when it's actually happened to people who have no reason to lie.

There are mothers who have spent time in prison dues to experts incorrect opinions/advice.

Brisey

Deceased RIP
Sep 4, 2007
Sutton on Sea
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
Since 2003
This article is a genuine posting on the Royal college website

Link Removed

Jim

Ringleader
Jul 19, 2007
Sutton on Sea, UK
Funster No
MH
Adria Panel Van.
Exp
Since 1988

Caravan club paid out as robbery with violence because our loss was above the limit they allowed for straight loss.

I find it very arrogant of others to suggest it's a myth when it's actually happened to people who have no reason to lie.

There are mothers who have spent time in prison dues to experts incorrect opinions/advice.

You were robbed John, no one is suggesting you are lying. The perps may well have used gas. Its just that the RC of anaesthetists think this highly unlikely.

Road Runner

Free Member
Jul 26, 2007
Europe
Funster No
MH
yes
Exp
You were robbed John, no one is suggesting you are lying. The perps may well have used gas. Its just that the RC of anaesthetists think this highly unlikely.

Wouldn't it be nice if one of these experts were a motorhomer/lorry drivers and got caught out.

T B lair quoted us cast iron expert opinions about Iraq before we invaded it:winky:

Last edited:
Aug 16, 2007
Funster No
Agree

John, I agree with you on this issue. People have been wrongly jailed on the evidence by some of these so called experts.:cry:
I would rather trust the opinion from people on the ground.

Road Runner

Free Member
Jul 26, 2007
Europe
Funster No
MH
yes
Exp
I find it personally hurtful when this topic is raised time and time again and can only reiterate it happened to us and please be careful where you stop.

Have any of you ever been robbed at home where the perpetrator actually entered the bedroom while you were asleep? it's horrible!!

An alarm is no use as your out by then (plus I don't sell them)

Last edited:

Adria 5

Free Member
Jul 23, 2007
Funster No
MH
adria caravan
Exp
hi agree with RR why is this topic raised again by george surly this has been well covered on here

RAY

scotjimland

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 25, 2007
Suffolk Coastal District, UK
Funster No
MH
Timberland
I thought we vetoed 'expert' opinion on a previous post.. :RollEyes:

Anyway, there are hundreds if not thousands of gassing reports, were they all drunk, liars or both .. and yes I've read the experts opinions why it's impossible without killing someone in the process or have a van explode and the theory that they are only insurance scams or stories put about by gas detector manufacturers.

Having met John and heard his story plus dozens of others testimony I am convinced that these attacks do happen...
I don't know what gas is used or how it's administered, I'll leave that to the 'experts':winky:

American Dream

Free Member
Aug 20, 2007
Lincoln
Funster No
MH
?
Exp
?
Hi John

That article does not say that people are not robbed, only that the R College do not believe that any gas exists capable of commiting robberies with....

Are you sure?Nitrous oxide for one.Easily obtainable via Hotrodders etc.I would suggest the members of the Royal College Refer to actual evidence rather than their textbooks.IMHO.

Last edited:
Aug 16, 2007
Funster No
Cost

As you all know, I believe that these gas attacks happen, but guessing what sort of people are doing these attacks I would expect it to not to be an astronomically expensive gas as it would have to be cost effective to make it worth while.

American Dream

Free Member
Aug 20, 2007
Lincoln
Funster No
MH
?
Exp
?
As you all know, I believe that these gas attacks happen, but guessing what sort of people are doing these attacks I would expect it to not to be an astronomically expensive gas as it would have to be cost effective to make it worth while.

Nitrous is not that expensive?

It is the obvious choice.Sad but in my opinion true.I think we as Motorhomers/RVers should be standing shoulder to shoulder asking why this serious issue is being refuted by so-called experts, not arguing amongst ourselves whether this is actually happening.I personally believe the reports and evidence given by victims.

Last edited:
Aug 16, 2007
Funster No
Another slant

Now, I am going to put another slant to things.
Although I have heard of many gas attacks, and robberies, I have never heard of the vehicle been stolen by this method!:whatthe:

Jim

Ringleader
Jul 19, 2007
Sutton on Sea, UK
Funster No
MH
Adria Panel Van.
Exp
Since 1988
This one surely does run and run::bigsmile: The Royal College of Anaesthetists would hate it if some toe rag could do what they do, without the 5 year training course and just a tin of Damp Start:Smile:

That said, I am with the experts on this one. My gut feeling is that it doesn't happen, but my mind is not closed to evidence that might be produced to show that it does.

American Dream

Free Member
Aug 20, 2007
Lincoln
Funster No
MH
?
Exp
?
This one surely does run and run::bigsmile: The Royal College of Anaesthetists would hate it if some toe rag could do what they do, without the 5 year training course and just a tin of Damp Start:Smile:

That said, I am with the experts on this one. My gut feeling is that it doesn't happen, but my mind is not closed to evidence that might be produced to show that it does.

How do you prove it?

Are the "victims" subjected to a blood test/Breath test?
Is there any trace of the "gas" after the attack?
Are you questioning the evidence given by people who have succumbed to these "attacks".

I am of an open mind but, yes a tin of ether based liquid would have the desired effect.

Jim

Ringleader
Jul 19, 2007
Sutton on Sea, UK
Funster No
MH
Adria Panel Van.
Exp
Since 1988
Jim
If it weren't for A frames, HGV Licenses, Gas attacks and Genny noise it would be a very quiet forum ... long live the debates :winky:

I feel as though I'm addressing myself here :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

Jim
##Did we do the Genny noise one? Damn I missed it, I never use mine between the hours of 0200 and 0600::bigsmile:

Road Runner

Free Member
Jul 26, 2007
Europe
Funster No
MH
yes
Exp
Out of interest do exhaust fumes cause drowsiness. Is it a gas?

Not that I was driving at the time:roflmto:

Aug 16, 2007
Funster No
Very easy

Not having a pop at anyone, it is very easy to say that these attacks don't happen, when you are sat nice and safe behind a PC or working in a nice safe laboratory.
It is a little different when you are tramping throughout Europe and beyond with a truck and parking up to overnight on your own.
You just have to take your own precautions and allow for everything that may happen, take advice from colleagues and advice others.
You just do what has to be done.
I tramped for 12 years, no it never happened to me, but I do believe.
And if it does not happen, what have I lost?
nothing!!!!!!!!:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

Road Runner

Free Member
Jul 26, 2007
Europe
Funster No
MH
yes
Exp
Yep.

Traces in bloodstream though

I was not asked to take a blood test and the Spanish cops were very much of the opinion it was gas.

It was them that woke us to query had we been robbed after the Spanish lorry driver behind us raised the alarm with them.

Jim

Ringleader
Jul 19, 2007
Sutton on Sea, UK
Funster No
MH
Adria Panel Van.
Exp
Since 1988
How do you prove it?

Are the "victims" subjected to a blood test/Breath test?
Is there any trace of the "gas" after the attack?
Are you questioning the evidence given by people who have succumbed to these "attacks".

I am of an open mind but, yes a tin of ether based liquid would have the desired effect.

I would have thought that to chalk it up as a gas attack, tests would have to be taken, but is there a test? I don't know

What evidence can someone who has been gassed give? I'm not sure.

I have no idea what a tin of ether would do, I wouldn't let you into my motorhome with one though::bigsmile:

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back