Loujess

Free Member
Jan 10, 2010
Leeds UK
Funster No
MH
none
Exp
Oh well. Just made 3 turkey, bacon and pea pies. Yes I know 'pea' sounds a bit odd but it looks nice and adds healthy bulk. That's enough to feed 9 and still have lots of turkey in the freezer to take on trips for stir frys and so on. The bacon was a pack of offcuts so all very economical. I might sound like a domestic goddess but didn't even look like Nigella 20 years ago. Who cares? Not me. ::bigsmile::Smile:::bigsmile::Smile:

Snowbird

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 24, 2009
Liverpool.
Funster No
MH
Fifth wheel.
Exp
Since 11-05-2000
Sounds good to me...have got some trotters bubling away for dinner yumyum.::bigsmile: Whats more they are not the healthy option ones either.

pappajohn

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 26, 2007
Dark side of the moon
Funster No
Exp
Since 2005
lucky dogs got our leftover turkey....2/3rds of it.

Shirl put it back in the oven, for safe keeping from the dogs ironically, on Xmas day and forgot about it.

i said it would be OK as our kitchen is colder than the fridge but she wouldn't have it yet she's quite happy to eat the beef thats been in the fridge for 5 days !

OP
OP
Loujess

Loujess

Free Member
Jan 10, 2010
Leeds UK
Funster No
MH
none
Exp
Talking about dogs, ours, Ellie (a cavalier), cast-iron belly. Her daughter, Phoebe, can't eat rich food. Our sons dog, Sophie, a wee Jack Russell, also has a delicate belly. Is it all in the owner's mind? I suppose not when they are up in the night letting the dogs out to pooh but good old Ellie just keeps trogging on but has to go short when the other dogs are around. Never mind - I suppose it helps her waisteline.
Ivy

Wildman

Free Member
May 30, 2008
Ilfracombe, Devon
Funster No
MH
Amazon Ambassador
Exp
since 1967
curry today, dogs are desperate to have the carcass.
not a good idea, dogs should never have cooked, chicken, turkey or duck bones they are too brittle and razor sharp.
It is very dangerous for them.:Eeek::Eeek:

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Cupcake

Free Member
Apr 13, 2010
Norfolk Broads
Funster No
Exp
since July 2009
I thought i'd cut down on xmas food this year but still got some leftovers. We have no four legged friends to eat the leftovers in our house so the wild birds have been the happy recipients of our leftovers including 'Phil' the phesant who inhabits the garden this time every year......not sure it's the same 'Phil' that turns up every year tho!

Deborah

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back