Dec 26, 2010
UK
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion
Exp
About to begin...
Hello!

I am new to these forums, and am about to embark on my dream of many years, solo fulltiming in my converted panel van! The conversion should be finished in a couple of weeks an then I will be moving into my van and starting a whole new, far more mobile, chapter in my life.

I will continue to work part time in my day job and part time as an artist, an am so excited that after years of dreaming, planning and researching, my perfect van and home is nearly here!

I'd love to hear from any other van fans in Cornwall :)

Carol

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 2, 2007
North Wales.
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
18 years s Motorhome (33years caravans)
Hello and welcome to Motorhome Fun, seems like you have a change of life style and adventure ahead of you good Best Wishes and I hope it all goes well, we have some very very experienced full time vanners on here who I am sure would give you any advice you need, just ask, and let us know how you get on. The one thing I would say is the £10 you pay to join motorhome fun will be a sound investment and pay you back over and over again. :Smile:

Bailey58

LIFE MEMBER
Jun 23, 2010
Norfolk and Toftir.
Funster No
MH
Sold
Exp
July 2010 (ex tugger)
:welcome: to the Fun and good luck, you'll have a different canvas every day. :thumb:

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

OP
OP
T

Travelling Artist

Free Member
Dec 26, 2010
UK
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion
Exp
About to begin...
Thanks for the welcomes, I will subscribe and will definitely become a regular on here I am sure.

Yes, I am certainly on the brink of a big change, I have been doing some life rearranging of late, and am very happy that the key ingredient has come good and I will be living more the life I am made for. Hurray! :)

chrismacgowan

Free Member
Mar 3, 2008
Essex
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
Since 2005
The Grand Van Plan

All the very best to you. All of us using this forum are by definition dedicated to the cause and love motor homing in pretty much all its forms so I know what a great time you will have. I am writing from New Zealand right now and just love the freedom motorhomes can deliver. One interesting contradiction which by far not everyone will agree with is that in my experience the more planning you do the more flexibility and freedom you enjoy. You might imagine that just getting up in the morning and disappearing over the horizon is the be all and end all and although some do that and love it I like to build in alternatives and fall backs so that I can indeed be free.

A good example arose recently where bad weather mucked up my journey in Spain back to Santander and almost without thinking I spent a few days wandering in the Pyrenees because I had a skeleton plan with me and came home three days later without inconvenience having had a bonus stress free break.

Whatever and however you do it; enjoy!!!!

Christopher

Landy lover

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 11, 2009
Zummerzet
Funster No
MH
27ft Eurolight
Exp
Camping Caravaning now 5'ering 49 years
Welcome from us and as a fulltimer you should also look at www.Motorhome365.com as that is a site dedicated to fulltimers and is a sister site to this one.

JJ

Mágica
May 1, 2008
Quinta Majay, Pinheiro Bordalo, Portugal
Funster No
MH
Burstner Privilege T
Exp
over 50 years
Hello!

I am new to these forums, and am about to embark on my dream of many years, solo fulltiming in my converted panel van! The conversion should be finished in a couple of weeks an then I will be moving into my van and starting a whole new, far more mobile, chapter in my life.

I will continue to work part time in my day job and part time as an artist, an am so excited that after years of dreaming, planning and researching, my perfect van and home is nearly here!

I'd love to hear from any other van fans in Cornwall :)

Welcome to the Fun... Enjoy!

JJ

Iveco Dailys are excellent vans... been in mine ten years now... :winky: :winky: :winky:

Wildman

Free Member
May 30, 2008
Ilfracombe, Devon
Funster No
MH
Amazon Ambassador
Exp
since 1967
Hi and welcome to the fun, from another in the West Country. I shall be holding a Rally at Ilfracombe for the start of Victorian week in June, then another in August. I hope you can make it to one of them. It will be a good chance to meet some other funsters. Once you have subscribed don't forget we have a Chatroom. I look forward to a longer chat.
Happy travels.:thumb:

Terry

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 27, 2007
Lincolnshire
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
Can't remember ;)
Hi & welcome :thumb: Hope you enjoy your new found freedom ::bigsmile: Any pics of your conversion ?
terry

Jun 30, 2010
Cornwall
Funster No
MH
1992 VW Auto sleeper Mono
Exp
Since 2005 this time
Hope everything works out for you, best of luck! We're from Cornwall, but, we havn't a Van, we got an old A Class, there's a few of us here in Gods Little Acre, belonging to this site.

Fair and following Winds with you new life!

OP
OP
T

Travelling Artist

Free Member
Dec 26, 2010
UK
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion
Exp
About to begin...
Hi and welcome to the fun, from another in the West Country. I shall be holding a Rally at Ilfracombe for the start of Victorian week in June, then another in August. I hope you can make it to one of them. It will be a good chance to meet some other funsters. Once you have subscribed don't forget we have a Chatroom. I look forward to a longer chat.
Happy travels.:thumb:

Thanks for that, I will be in London at the beginning of June, but will remember the August rally and make it if I can. Whichever way it happens, I look forward to meeting others in the not too distant future. I will log into the chat room still, it's great to have others who also want to talk about motorhomes etc for hours - what a treat! :)

OP
OP
T

Travelling Artist

Free Member
Dec 26, 2010
UK
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion
Exp
About to begin...
Hi & welcome :thumb: Hope you enjoy your new found freedom ::bigsmile: Any pics of your conversion ?
terry

I will get some pictures on here as soon as I can, the conversion is very nearly finished, just waiting a weather delayed window delivery. It is looking amazing though, and Jon at Marlin Conversions is doing a fantastic job. I can't wait till it's all finished and I can show it off and more importantly get out and enjoy the sound of rain on the roof - one of the many things I am looking forward to.

OP
OP
T

Travelling Artist

Free Member
Dec 26, 2010
UK
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion
Exp
About to begin...
Welcome to the Fun... Enjoy!

JJ

Iveco Dailys are excellent vans... been in mine ten years now... :winky: :winky: :winky:

Thanks for your message, I love the Iveco Dailys, their look, height off the ground, and I have heard lot of good reports about them as base vehicles. I am often surprised how few of them are converted compared to other panel vans, but for me this is the one, and seeing how many contractors etc use them for fleet vehicles I am confident I have got an excellent workhorse for many years to come.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back