Warning - Virus Alert from moandick (1 Viewer)

moandick

Free Member
Jul 28, 2007
Landrake, Cornwall
Funster No
MH
Euro-shed
Exp
40 +
Would all members please note that the email address: moandick@aol.com has been hi-jacked by some form of 'low-life' who has stolen my entire address book from that email address.

For the last few days up until today, people have been telling me that they have had some strange advertising mail from my AOL address - today, I have just been informed by a member that he has just been infected with a virus from my address - so can anybody and everybody who might have reason to open an email from: moandick@aol.com -

PLEASE DO NOT DO SO!

Early this year I paid a small fortune for anti-virus programmes and security protection for all of my computer network - all apparently to no avail - because somebody has managed to 'hack' into my network and is now spreading a virus called 'Security Shield' :Angry:

In big bold letter I can only apologize for any inconvenience caused - I have done everything I can to protect myself and others - but these animals seem to think it is funny to do this sort of thing - Lord help them if I ever find out who they are!

Dick

staging lady

Free Member
Nov 12, 2007
North Wales in the Hills
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
6 years but caravan owner in past
What a pain for you.
Low life is true.
What kick do they get out of it?
This has happened to a friend of ours and I keep getting emails from her which are not kosher.
She hasn't got a new address so I have to delete them without knowing if they are from her.

I do believe in Karma and what goes around, comes around ......
Lucille

Nov 6, 2008
Ramsey, Isle of Man.
Funster No
MH
Coachmen Concord 300TS
Exp
8 years with an RV
l thought that was odd. l didn't open anything, as it came up as junk mail on my Apple.

Craig

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Wildman

Free Member
May 30, 2008
Ilfracombe, Devon
Funster No
MH
Amazon Ambassador
Exp
since 1967
I have not got a virus on my computer but for those who find themselves in that unfortunate position the following may help.
Taken from a reliable source:-

Security shield Virus

Best Answer - Chosen by Voters

I had this same problem a few weeks ago. It's simple to get rid of don't worry :). I will tell you easy steps on how to get rid of it. Please do this in order.

1.Use the browser and go to http://www.malwarebytes.org/mbam.php and download it (It's free)

2.Run the program and install it, the virus is not gonna let you open this program yet.

3.After you installed the program, go to the "Start" button on the bottom left of your screen and "Log off"

4. Log back into your user and AS SOON AS IT STARTS press "ALT-CTRL-DELETE" now your malware will not be able to stop you from opening your task manager.

5.Go to Processes and "End process" for everything BUT anything that says "SYSTEM" and "Explorer.exe"

6. After that you can now open the Malwarebytes program. Run it and Full scan your PC and clean away that annoying malware.

7.You can enjoy your PC again!

Dalek

Free Member
Apr 26, 2010
Norwich
Funster No
MH
Roller Team 600
Exp
18 months
Sorry to read you've been hijacked, I cant think what they get out of it. In mine and Grahams inboxes over the last few days are messages saying we have an e greeting card. I have just deleted these as I read somewhere that when you have opened them they are actually a virus.

Dale

Feb 22, 2008
Norfolk
Funster No
MH
Nearly Tugging
Exp
Since 2004
What is wrong with these drongos, they need a big pitch right up their arris.
It is time their was an anti virus mirror to chuck it back at them :Eeek:

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

pappajohn

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 26, 2007
Dark side of the moon
Funster No
Exp
Since 2005
we get emails from the previous owner/seller of our RV.

on opening, its from an american drugs company advert.

cant remember which ISP he uses at the moment as all emails from that addy now go to spam folder.

Pikey Pete

Free Member
May 25, 2008
o
Funster No
MH
o
Exp
Sorry to read you've been hijacked, I cant think what they get out of it. In mine and Grahams inboxes over the last few days are messages saying we have an e greeting card. I have just deleted these as I read somewhere that when you have opened them they are actually a virus.

Dale

I've been using e greetings cards via 123 Greetings.com for a couple of years and no one I've sent them to or received them from has ever had a problem.

Pete:Cool:

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back